Windows 10: BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get a lot of pagefile errors. Sometimes these will occur when the computer sits idle for a while, sometimes it happens when I'm downloading quite a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lighti3ulb, Dec 12, 2015.

1. BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10

I get a lot of pagefile errors. Sometimes these will occur when the computer sits idle for a while, sometimes it happens when I'm downloading quite a bit of data (updated Star Citizen [~35 gigs] and it blue screened twice).

I've been working for weeks to try to diagnose this issue, but everything I've tried seems to have no effect.

I've moved the pagefile from my SSD to my HDD. I've tried different network drivers (there are technically no official Win 10 drivers for my NIC). The first seemed to have slowed down the crashes; at one point my computer was crashing every 30 minutes or so, now it's maybe once a day.

Other issue I've seen: after a crash, if I allow the system to do a warm reboot, my SSD will not be detected. I have to completely power off the computer and turn it back on to get it to boot properly. I have 5 dump collections.

:)

lighti3ulb, Dec 12, 2015

2. BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10

Hello Sayan,

The PC as I mentioned is fresh from the upgrade and has only the essential stuff on it. And yes it is on a network with a router. Here is some hardware info of my PC:

• OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    • Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
    • System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    • System Model To be filled by O.E.M.
    • System Type x64-based PC
    • System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
    • Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    • BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F11, 5/31/2012
    • SMBIOS Version 2.7
    • Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    • BIOS Mode Legacy
    • BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    • BaseBoard Model Not Available
    • BaseBoard Name Base Board
    • Platform Role Desktop
    • Secure Boot State Unsupported
    • PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    • Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    • System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    • Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    • Locale United States
    • Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.0"
    • Time Zone GTB Standard Time
    • Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
    • Total Physical Memory 3.96 GB
    • Available Physical Memory 1.76 GB
    • Total Virtual Memory 7.96 GB
    • Available Virtual Memory 5.07 GB
    • Page File Space 4.00 GB
    • Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    As for the software I have only installed office, skype, adobe reader, some AMD software for the graphics.

I also went and followed your instructions for the verifier. No problems showed up. The PC booted normally.

The last couple of days I haven't received any BSODs. Don't know if my problem was fixed with some automatic updates of Windows. Still I would like to know what caused my initial BSODs so I can resolve it in the future if I ever run a clean install and come
    across with the same issue.

I will try to run the mem test the next couple of days. Is there any other info I can find concerning the BSODs I received? I tried looking in the event viewer but couldn't find something to help me identify some faulty driver. I went to security and maintance
    to find some problem details but they contain stuff like this:

Source

Windows

Summary

Shut down unexpectedly

Date

‎12/‎13/‎2015 12:29 PM

Status

Not reported

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 1a

Parameter 1: 41793

Parameter 2: fffff6806f78bff8

Parameter 3: b

Parameter 4: a

OS version: 10_0_10586

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

that I cannot understand. Is there any way I can extract some potential identifying info from the minidumps?

Thank you

PeriklisDr, Dec 12, 2015
  3. BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10

Unfortunately my BSODs problems have not been solved.

I run the driver verifier and the pc kept crashing due to mvs91xx.sys

I looked it up in the internet and it there is not any specifics on how to resolve the issue.

How To Fix Mvs91xx.sys Blue Screen Errors (BSOD)

I also run the memtest just in case. I left it all night and after 8 passes there were no errors. So I guess that means there is no hardware error with my RAM.

I am reuploading my dump files. If someone can help me resolve this with this new information I would be most grateful.

Thank you

PeriklisDr, Dec 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi lighti3ulb,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I have looked at the dumps present in the zip, 2 of them have gotten my attention.
    The 0x12B and 0x7A are the onces I find interesting, the 0x12B is a crash usually caused by the memory and the 0x7A as you say is a process having problems with getting access to an object.
    The 0x7A is caused by a Microsoft driver, but the details from the dump say something else.
    Driver Reference Table - Msfs.SYS
    Please read me suggestions below carefully
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Msfs.SYS *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Msfs.SYS 2: kd> lmvm Msfs start end module name fffff801`7e120000 fffff801`7e12f000 Msfs T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Msfs.SYS Image path: Msfs.SYS Image name: Msfs.SYS Timestamp: unavailable (00000000) CheckSum: 00000000 ImageSize: 0000F000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Malware scan
    Please run a threat scan with Malwarebytes*, a full scan with your AV, scan your system with Adwcleaner, Kaspersky TTDSKiller, ESET Online Scanner and SuperAntiSpyware

Note *(Uncheck trial version in the installation process)

Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. Hello axe0,
    Thank you for looking into this.

I ran all suggested AV, Malware, and rootkit spammers with no positive finds (outside of cookies)

sfc scan did not find any Integrity Violations

I ran 10 passes with Memtest+, and hit no errors.

lighti3ulb, Dec 14, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Have you gotten any bluescreen or pagefile errors meanwhile?

7. axe0 New Member

Please upload directly or remove permission requirement to make it more easy to help.

8. Sorry about that. You should be able to download it now.

lighti3ulb, Dec 15, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    If you are overclocking anything, revert back to stock while troubleshooting.
    On an unstable system, overclocking may make things worse.
    Code: CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz" MaxSpeed: 3400 CurrentSpeed: 3403[/quote] Code: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a) The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR. If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185, it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure. If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because a filesystem failed to make forward progress. Arguments: Arg1: ffffc0018d647ce0, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address) Arg2: ffffffffc000000e, error status (normally i/o status code) Arg3: 000000012e19c860, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE) Arg4: fffff961b412aa44, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)[/quote]

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

10. I ended up replacing all of the components in my computer with the exceptions of my HDD and SSD. After putting it all together, I attempted to format and reinstall Windows on the SSD, and I was unable to. I tried Win 7, 10 and Kubuntu. It was while I was running the Kubuntu liveUSB that I realized the SSD was bad; after some time, the SSD would lose communication, and I was not even able to navigate the folder structure. I've sent the SSD in for replacement.

Thank you for your assistance! I greatly appreciate it.

lighti3ulb, Jan 20, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Looks like we were on the right direction *Smile

Hope your system will be stable after replacement.

Thema:

1. BSODs after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - BSODs upgrading

2. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...
  3. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...
  4. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Rnadom BSOD after Radeon 7800xt upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rnadom BSOD after Radeon 7800xt upgrade: Hi! I have recently changed my GPU to new 7800xt Raden card, beside that I am running also new B550m PLUS WIFI II from ASUS, Ryzen 5 3600, 2x8GB ADATA RAM, new PSU 750W from be quiet!. Since the change I have been experiencing random BSODs, eventhough this is clean install of...
  6. Rnadom BSOD after Radeon 7800xt upgrade

Rnadom BSOD after Radeon 7800xt upgrade: Hi! I have recently changed my GPU to new 7800xt Raden card, beside that I am running also new B550m PLUS WIFI II from ASUS, Ryzen 5 3600, 2x8GB ADATA RAM, new PSU 750W from be quiet!. Since the change I have been experiencing random BSODs, eventhough this is clean install of...
  7. Win 11 pro upgrade key from Win 10 missing after BSOD, how to get?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 pro upgrade key from Win 10 missing after BSOD, how to get?: Hello, I upgraded to win 11 from 10. I got the pro version. However a BSOD has crashed my old computer. I cannot log into windows anymore.I have to reinstall my entire system much to my dismay, my 4TB of programs is corrupted. Now, the usb iso for windows 11 is asking for a...
  8. Win 11 pro upgrade key from Win 10 missing after BSOD, how to get?

Win 11 pro upgrade key from Win 10 missing after BSOD, how to get?: Hello, I upgraded to win 11 from 10. I got the pro version. However a BSOD has crashed my old computer. I cannot log into windows anymore.I have to reinstall my entire system much to my dismay, my 4TB of programs is corrupted. Now, the usb iso for windows 11 is asking for a...
  9. I got a BSOD on my Dell Inspiron 14 3481 after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a BSOD on my Dell Inspiron 14 3481 after RAM upgrade: The code is critical process died. Please help me identify what cause the BSOD with this code?I can't upload the picture of BSOD here. Sorry about that....
  10. I got a BSOD on my Dell Inspiron 14 3481 after RAM upgrade

I got a BSOD on my Dell Inspiron 14 3481 after RAM upgrade: The code is critical process died. Please help me identify what cause the BSOD with this code?I can't upload the picture of BSOD here. Sorry about that....