Windows 10: BSODs at random times (no particular program used)

Discus and support BSODs at random times (no particular program used) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok, so are step 5 and 6 really the same and that one should give the info then? I see you said that Sea Tools will not analyze my SSD with a SMART... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaliByWayOfKS, Jul 6, 2017.

1. BSODs at random times (no particular program used)

Ok, so are step 5 and 6 really the same and that one should give the info then?

I see you said that Sea Tools will not analyze my SSD with a SMART test. It appears that HD Tune Pro doesn't run a SMART Test either.

For the Crystal Disc one, does the standard version do a SMART test or is it one of the other 5 or so versions?

CaliByWayOfKS, Jul 7, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

hd tune should be able to perform a smart study on your ssd:
    HD Tune Pro is a hard disk / SSD utility with many functions

HD Tune website
    It is unclear to me why you cannot have it test the drive yet

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  3. I don't either. The only tabs that do anything at all on that software are read/write speed info.

The other tabs have things, but they are similar tests. The place that has the "SMART test" won't allow itself to be selected (or any of those for that matter in that menu tab) and there isn't a "run" on that page if I could get them selected unfortunately.

4. BSODs at random times (no particular program used)

This is what I got from the "Crash Dump Test"

5. zbook New Member
    Whocrashed has confirmed that you are set up to save the mini dump files.
    See if you can use HD sentinel free edition in extensive mode.

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  6. Crystal also lists no drive or ability to scan anything.

7. Trying the Hard Disk Sentinel Trial Version.

8. BSODs at random times (no particular program used)

HD Sentinel appears to do nothing as well... only does read/write speed tests.

9. zbook New Member
    Please update the section on your computer so that it has detailed information on your drive (SSD, HD) etc
    It is unclear why all of the drive testing software programs are malfunctioning on your drive.

In the bios what UEFI diagnostics are available?

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  10. Will do, I will be searching for all the infoI can possibly put in the "my computer" icon I see just below my user name.

11. zbook New Member
    Are you using either hardware or software RAID?

HD Sentinel displays only one unsupported drive: Compatible solid state disk (SSD) models
    Hard Disk Sentinel Frequently Asked Questions
    No Performance information displayed. What is wrong?

If the performance information is missing for ALL disks, then disk performance monitoring is globally disabled. Please click Start -> Run -> CMD.EXE (to open a console window) and type diskperf -y (ENTER). You may need to restart the computer to let Windows create the performance counter objects on startup.

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    Download and Install Macrium to create an image of your drive.
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    Create a fresh restore point.

Open disk management > expand each column so that the information in each row is in full view > make an image and post into the thread.

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  13. BSODs at random times (no particular program used)

No, I'm not running a hardware or software RAID.

I put in the "diskperf -y" into the CMD page and got

14. Here is the Disk Managament view below.

I will look at the software and download it then.

15. Under the Bios I didn't see a "diagnostic" or something similar inside the folders listed.

Figured it would be under System Config, Performance, or Maintenance, but none listed any diagnostics.

Thema:

BSODs at random times (no particular program used)

1. BSODs at random times (no particular program used) - Similar Threads - BSODs random times

2. BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD at random times: Hello, I have a user that is getting the BSOD randomly we cannot determine a pattern I have included a link to the minidump file from the most recent incident. Graphics drivers are up to date, ran sfc /scannow, ran troubleshooters, Windows is completely up to date, ran and...
  3. BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at random times: Hello, I have a user that is getting the BSOD randomly we cannot determine a pattern I have included a link to the minidump file from the most recent incident. Graphics drivers are up to date, ran sfc /scannow, ran troubleshooters, Windows is completely up to date, ran and...
  4. BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD at random times: In the past few weeks I've received a couple of BSODs during seemingly unrelated activities. One was triggered during the shut down process MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. The other triggered randomly during a gaming session IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. BlueScreenView info and google searches...
  5. BSOD in random time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in random time: Hi, please help, I get a bsod regardless of the load on the PC, the bios is the latest drivers updated I do not understand what the problem is and what to look for, here are mini-dumps: google...
  6. BSOD at random times

BSOD at random times: Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎29/‎10/‎2019 00:18 Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 1000007e Parameter 1: ffffffffc0000005 Parameter 2: fffff8062a532646 Parameter 3: ffffe5814d3bf638 Parameter 4:...
  7. BSOD random, in particular when browsing

BSOD random, in particular when browsing: Hello ! , I have been getting bsods ever since I built my desktop and it has been annoying me a lot. I tryed to reinstall windows 10 a lot of time, but it is still happening. I attached the mini dump zips below. Please have a look at it and tell me if u see any problem, it...
  8. bsod screen at random times during use

bsod screen at random times during use: My pc was bumped over on its side several days ago and now it is giving me bsod randomly at times. My temperatures are good on both my cpu and gpu. I ran windows disk checks on both SSD's and also a memory check which all reported good. The bsod screens seem to be completely...
  9. Random BSOD in random times

Random BSOD in random times: Hi, I'm really hoping to solve the problem since it's starting to distract seriously. I think since early summer BSODs been flashing now and then and now more and more often. Naturally I've tried memory solutions found online for memory related BSODs but now the different...
  10. BSOD at random times while using PC

BSOD at random times while using PC: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home last week. However, today, while I was playing with my PS4, my PC randomly got 2 BSOD with in 3 minutes time frame. I was not using my PC. It was turned on, idling. After the first BSOD, the PC restarted and within 3 min another...