Windows 10: BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?

Discus and support BSODs continue after clean install - hardware? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I previously posted here regarding a variety of BSODs I was getting on my machine which included various stop codes: usbohci.sys faulty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by scallionking, Apr 8, 2017.

1. BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?

Hello,
    I previously posted here regarding a variety of BSODs I was getting on my machine which included various stop codes:

• usbohci.sys
    • faulty hardware corrupted page
    • kernel security check failure
    • memory management
    After trying a bunch of things (including some good suggestions from the forum), I gave up and did a clean Win10 install. To be clear, this was a disk format, followed by a fresh/clean install using the Windows 10 .iso image from Microsoft. This is a new thread because I re-installed Windows 10.
    To my astonishment, within a day of the clean install, I already got a BSOD, this time saying "Stop Code: Memory Management". This happened as soon as I woke the machine up from idle sleep. Starting to wonder if I have hardware issues. I have installed minimal things beyond the fresh windows copy, including latest Radeon video drivers, but I don't think that's it. I've run the memcheck and diskcheck utility a bunch of times, with no problems indicated. Welcome everyone's thoughts, and thank you again!

:)

scallionking, Apr 8, 2017

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I have tried the driver verification method and it continuously in loop and got even worse and the bsod didn't even let it to verify it. somehow I got the restore to previous stage and bsod continued to for two days and now I don't even see a bsod after
    I cleaned my pc with AVG.

invinciblenag, Apr 8, 2017
  3. Storport.sys, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs, KMODE_EXCEPTION BSODs, and DPC_WATCHDOG BSODs on Windows 10.

Unfortunately, the disk swap was not as successful as I originally thought, and the BSODs have returned (same set - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storport.sys), and KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE). I have performed in-place updates,
    as well as clean installs. I had found that Avast! Anti-virus could cause these exact BSODs, and have removed it. The BSODs continue. Time after time, it comes back to a faulting storport!StorportTimerDpc as the primary culprit.

Thoughts?

Daniel Gillette, Apr 8, 2017
  4. BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?

Code: 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (9.04.2017 18:10:58) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: LockApp.exe Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel[/quote]
    Since like u said, there were different bugcheck codes,

The cause for different error codes are usually hardware and lower level problems.

U should begin with memtest, running 8 passes:

BSODs continue after clean install - hardware? [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Apr 10, 2017
Thema:

BSODs continue after clean install - hardware?

1. BSODs continue after clean install - hardware? - Similar Threads - BSODs continue clean

2. Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install: Hi! I'm a little sleep deprived trying to fix this so forgive me if I'm sparse on some details, but I'll try to do the best I can. A couple weeks into using a newly built computer without issues, my PC has started to BSOD during games. Since then, it's even started to BSOD...
  3. Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install: Hi! I'm a little sleep deprived trying to fix this so forgive me if I'm sparse on some details, but I'll try to do the best I can. A couple weeks into using a newly built computer without issues, my PC has started to BSOD during games. Since then, it's even started to BSOD...
  4. Help!!! Many different BSODs continue after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Constant BSOD's after cleaning PC hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD's after cleaning PC hardware: Hi,Recently I have been getting constant BSOD's every few minutes since I cleaned my PC a few days ago. I have tried many solutions online, such as running diagnostic tests, memory tests, and I even wiped my entire main drive and reinstalled windows but no luck. Almost every...
  6. Constant BSOD's after cleaning PC hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD's after cleaning PC hardware: Hi,Recently I have been getting constant BSOD's every few minutes since I cleaned my PC a few days ago. I have tried many solutions online, such as running diagnostic tests, memory tests, and I even wiped my entire main drive and reinstalled windows but no luck. Almost every...
  7. Constant BSOD's after cleaning PC hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Continued BSOD event 41 even after clean install of Windows

Continued BSOD event 41 even after clean install of Windows: I have installed new Windows and the drivers in the 3rd of March and the BSOD happened. I used Memtest86 and passed all test with no error. I also tried to put the power plan to never sleep and turn off fast startup. I also reseated the RAM and GPU yet the BSOD still...
  9. Continued issues after clean installing Windows

Continued issues after clean installing Windows: I've had issue with my computer completely freezing after an update 4-6 weeks ago. I can work on it fine for a while then it will randomly freeze or just completely turn off. Sometimes when I plug in a USB device it will freeze as well, but mostly it is very random. I bought...
  10. BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?

BSOD continue after clean install W10, Graphc's card?: Are my BSOD graphic's card related? I am still having daily BSOD since the clean install of Windows 10 home. The dump files indicate it is a Windows driver issue interacting in a bogus way with another non windows driver. The AMD forum mention the Radeon R9 380 graphic cards...