Windows 10: BSODs in windows 10 (and 8) but not 7. (always same address?)

Discus and support BSODs in windows 10 (and 8) but not 7. (always same address?) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I never had an issue in windows 7, but when I installed windows 8 a year ago to try it out, it kept giving me BSODs, so I simply reverted to windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mtszyk, Aug 28, 2015.

1. mtszyk Win User

BSODs in windows 10 (and 8) but not 7. (always same address?)

I never had an issue in windows 7, but when I installed windows 8 a year ago to try it out, it kept giving me BSODs, so I simply reverted to windows 7. Now with windows 10, I'm getting the same issues. Problem is, windows 10 is nice *092.

It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing for the BSOD to occur, there's no pattern that I can tell.

Thanks for your time!

Edit: a few years ago when I put this machine together, I got an amd phenom ii x3 or something, and my motherboard allowed me to enable the 4th core. I noticed that in the task manager, win10 did not detect the 4th core, but it was available to my bios, so I just disabled it. I have not had another BSOD, so if it goes a few days without one I'll mark as solved. I still don't know how to analyze the minidumps though.

:)

mtszyk, Aug 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello everyone, i need help here.

I installed Windows 10 twice from Windows 7 Ultimate and it ends up always the same with a two BSOD's saying KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and then it restores my pc to Windows 7 again.

Edd Fitzgerald, Aug 28, 2015
  3. J. C. Griffith - jcgriff2, Aug 28, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Mtszyk, Hello and welcome to the forums. I looked at the 3 dump files you had. 2 of the 3 were the same.

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck A, {48, 2, 1, fffff802d6c9f6d3} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiIdentifyPfn+1f3 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] Please Run Memtest86+

BSODs in windows 10 (and 8) but not 7. (always same address?) [​IMG]

BSODs in windows 10 (and 8) but not 7. (always same address?) [​IMG]
    Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please go to your last post and in the bottom left corner click 'My System Specs'. there is a link there to update your system specs, click it and fill them all out in as much detail as possible. Please list Manufacturer and Model, and list Desktop or Laptop. If it is an OEM, please list the Manufacturer and Model number. Please be sure to list your PSU and CPU cooler. If you would like to know what we would like, please click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine.

essenbe, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

1. BSODs in windows 10 (and 8) but not 7. (always same address?) - Similar Threads - BSODs always same

2. BSOD occured over 7 times in the last 3 months. Always the same error...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD occured over 7 times in the last 3 months. Always the same error...: The latest driver on my laptop manufacturer official webpage was updated 6 years ago. The problem never occurred in the last year or before. Please help me to find the culprit Crash address= ntoskrnl.exe+3f5a80 DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 2 Dump files...
  3. Need desktop to always have same IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need desktop to always have same IP Address: I have 1 desktop, 2 laptops, 2 printers, 1 phone, 1 other device connecting wirelessly to router. When they're all happy it's great. When they're not :- I have some software that synchronises my phone to Outlook, and it requires the desktop to always have 1.192.1.65 as...
  4. Windows 10, 8, or 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, 8, or 7: Can Windows 10, 8, or 7 be installed on a MacBook Pro laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-8-or-7/1b2b0ef2-d4e9-494a-afda-ab7773e1ea39
  5. Consistent BSOD errors, and it's not always the same error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSOD errors, and it's not always the same error: I've been getting sporadic BSODs every now and then, but now that I'm working from home it's gotten to a point where it happens everyday. Some of the errors include memory management, store data structure corruption, and critical structure corruption. I have the .dmp files if...
  6. 7 bsod in 8 months

7 bsod in 8 months: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au6L_rJ8Y9QHh06Y8lxtiWAqiBRh?e=ZD4yAm my dmp file above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7-bsod-in-8-months/9c230eb4-64cc-4406-aabd-32c48edc2132
  7. Upgrading Windows 7/8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 7/8 to Windows 10: I have some legal/technical questions Today I updated 3 pcs to Windows 10 1909 PC1: Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro, I didn't need to provide a license key. PC2: Windows 8 Home to Windows 10 Home, I didn't need to provide a license key, but when I tried to upgrade from...
  8. Fix NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE BSOD on Windows 10/8/7

in Windows 10 News
    Fix NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE BSOD on Windows 10/8/7: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Non-Maskable Interrupt or NMI HARDWARE FAILURE Blue Screen error occurs due to hardware malfunction. The stop code that you may get for this BSOD error is 0x00000080. The error can occur randomly during your usage of the computer – but a large number of [...]...
  9. BSOD after upgrading 7/8/10 to Windows 10 V1607 => 0xc000021a

BSOD after upgrading 7/8/10 to Windows 10 V1607 => 0xc000021a: I am upgrading some machines, most go without a hitch but some have a mysterious BSOD. I attached the dumps of a Windows 8 machine, i use MDT to upgrade to Windows 10 v1607 + do windows updates. BSOD happens after the first real boot (which means upgrade + updates have...
  10. 7-8-10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    7-8-10: I see many posts of issues with upgrades. I just wanted to share that its not all bad news with respect to 10 upgrades. I cleaned up my windows 8 install a big, removed some software I no longer used, and upgraded my 8.1 to 10 with no issues. Also like to note this is my...