Windows 10: BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall

Discus and support BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated as this frustrating problem has been happening for months. So I have a Toshiba Z20T-B laptop with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jeffory, Dec 10, 2016.

1. jeffory Win User

BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall

Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated as this frustrating problem has been happening for months.

So I have a Toshiba Z20T-B laptop with a copy of Windows 10 Pro reinstalled only 3 days ago. The problems were occurring before that too.

The computer has BSOD'd three times since, with either IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE errors.

Log files are here:
    Attachment 113188

I have tested the memory thoroughly overnight and it didn't find any errors and I've updated the BIOS to the latest version (6.1). I've also replaced what was thought to be a problematic driver, the touchpad, with an older version. I have also tried following the guide here to read the BSOD's but couldn't find anything.

It's failed twice waking up out of standby and once while idle.

Thank-you for your time. *Smile

Edit: Ran the long test on Seatools last night, didn't fail either. Should also mention this issue occurred as well before I had both the motherboard and the RAM (soldered-on) replaced because it failed.

:)

jeffory, Dec 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD driver power state failure

Thank you very much. After reinstalling with the fresh driver from Atheros, I didn't experience BSOD. Hope it will never come back.

Thanks once more!

RustemKarimov, Dec 10, 2016
  3. midix Win User
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 10

Yep, that's exactly what I also experienced on a fresh Windows install right after Windows downloads and installs drivers automatically. Now I have reinstalled it with internet disabled and will try to install drivers keeping restore points and backups to
    find the cause of the BSOD (but there might be more than one...). But I've created a separate thread for my issue, so I'm just mentioning it here, in case someone finds it helpful:

BSOD driver_power_state_failure when reboot on fresh Windows 10 after install.
    System unbootable afterwards.

midix, Dec 10, 2016
  4. lifetec Win User

The dumpfiles point specific to a hardware memory error.
    Code: BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, 3f9, 1654ded0, ffffdf813f911000} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption Followup: memory_corruption --------- 0: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error. Arguments: Arg1: ffffffffc00002c4, virtual address mapping the corrupted page Arg2: 00000000000003f9, physical page number Arg3: 000000001654ded0, zero Arg4: ffffdf813f911000, zero Debugging Details: ------------------ BUGCHECK_STR: PAGE_NOT_ZERO CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION PROCESS_NAME: MemCompression[/quote] You said you already tested your memory, did you use Memtest 86+ and how many passes di you run it?

This are the older/outdated driver on your system.
    Apfiltr Tue Jun 16 04:30:07 2015
    Driver Description: Alps pointing device
    Driver Update Site: OEM - none at http://www.alps.com

ibtusb Thu Dec 17 00:32:44 2015
    Driver Description: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) Filter Driver
    Driver Update Site: Drivers & Software

TeeDriverW8x64 Mon Aug 31 21:49:07 2015 = Intel manegement driver

TVALZ Wed Sep 09 17:41:39 2015
    Driver Description: TOSHIBA ACPI-Based Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device Driver
    Driver Update Site: Toshiba

lifetec, Dec 12, 2016
  5. jeffory Win User
    I've run a couple tests of Windows Memory Diagnostic (Extended) and Memtest86 7.1 with 8 passes.
    I'll update all those drivers and see how I go, thanks.

jeffory, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall - Similar Threads - BSOD's intermittently fresh

2. fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD: Was getting a BSOD about a couple of times a week from a bug check error so I just reinstalled Windows 10 and was in the process of reinstalling software when the BSOD came up again with the below error.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124...
  3. fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD: Was getting a BSOD about a couple of times a week from a bug check error so I just reinstalled Windows 10 and was in the process of reinstalling software when the BSOD came up again with the below error.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124...
  4. fresh reinstall but still getting BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System recovery after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System recovery after fresh reinstall: Hi, After a fresh reinstall, everything seemed to be working normally for a day, except now that I've rebooted for the day (I think I installed some feature update) I'm getting BSOD with error 0xc000021a. I'm trying to reverse the update however it's asking me for my...
  6. Computer keeps on BSOD even after fresh reinstall.

Computer keeps on BSOD even after fresh reinstall.: Just like the title says. I have recieve Clock watchdog timeout error and kernal security check failure. Mini dump here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkFNm46gv533gc8Z5Q0owsPwsfO64g?e=CWiLxp...
  7. Cannot update after fresh reinstall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update after fresh reinstall.: While just using my pc casually it started acting up real bad, which i then realized it had corrupted boot data? I reformated the drive and did a fresh reinstall. Now when i try and update i get Download error - 0x80096010. My time is correctly set. My ISO is brand new off...
  8. Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs

Getting BSODs after fresh reinstall of Windows due to BSODs: I started getting random blue screens lately and I can't pinpoint what it is exactly. I ran some driver verifier tests so I have a result from that, and then I reinstalled windows and got a irql_not_less... BSOD soon after. Before reinstalling windows I got into a boot loop...
  9. Windows Not Activating after Fresh Reinstall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Not Activating after Fresh Reinstall.: So I reinstalled my windows full wipe, logged into the same account now it says windows cannot Identify product linked to account. But when I go to my profile I can see details of my PC before re installation, which says I have a windows 10 Pro product but my current PC which...
  10. WHEA uncorectable error on fresh reinstall BSOD

WHEA uncorectable error on fresh reinstall BSOD: Hi, my computer recently had a failed SSD, so I bought a new one and reinstalled the system. Everything was fine for a while, but the last week or so, I've been getting WHEA uncorrectable error BSODs. I stress tested the GPU on furmark for 6 hours. Then I used Prime 95 to...