Windows 10: BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and/or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and/or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I've had a BSOD a few times before, also after waking sleep (say a year or so ago), but updating everything fixed it. Until now it seems. Now if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dylan V, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Dylan V Win User

BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and/or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi!

I've had a BSOD a few times before, also after waking sleep (say a year or so ago), but updating everything fixed it. Until now it seems.

Now if my laptop has entered sleep mode (closing the lid or pressing the power button once) for a few hours at minimum (say 3 or more) it sometimes gives a BSOD with either the error KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
    If it isn't a BSOD then I've lost my Etherenet Connection and despite plugging cable in/out it doesn't accept it (Power settings have been changed already but it still does that.) & from what I found in Event Viewer it sees it as either not installed or corrupted but I reinstalled it lately though that is a seperate issue I think?
    Also, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL seems to happen the most out of those 2 errors above.

I've tried updating everything multiple times until nothing could be updated anymore, Windows updates, hardware, etc. I've also looked for similar post first before posting but I don't seem to find any solutions so far... Only unanswered posts.

Checked Event Viewer too, but I didn't really grow any wiser out of those errors/warnings. Something that pops up sometimes on Event Viewer before the Critical Error (Which just says it shut down unexpectedly) happens though is: "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001." Source: Kernel-boot

Anyhow, here is a link with what I believe is the Minidump file after the BSOD happened today at August 5 2018 & a screenie with a summary of my system specs: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtFwRJz-u_EQqzqfKloi7XzZhrPq

Hope you can help me find what's wrong and how fix the problem(s)!

Thanks in advance,

Dylan V

:)

Dylan V, Aug 5, 2018

2. BSOD error kernel_security_check_failure and irql_not_less_or_equal

Hi I've been getting bsod randomly maybe like once or twice a day and need help finding out whats causing it. The most common errors i get are kernel_security_check_failure and irql_not_less_or_equal. I put the minudump files in my OneDrive so here is the
    link. Minidump Files.rar

OP - BSOD help

YohSpiritForce, Aug 5, 2018
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Hello

I have been having some BSOD issues after the large January update, have done 2x clean Installs and the same still keep happening.
    I did update Intel Rapid Storage driver and it was then stable for about one week but have now started again.
    At this time there are no new drivers for any of my hardware. *Sad

I have run Memtest86+ 10 sets with no errors.

The 3 BSOD errors I have been having is:
    • KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE - In these minidumps
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - In these minidumps
    • BAD_POOL_HEADER

DM Log Collector Data: UZ1-2017-02-03_112744,52.zip
    DriverView Data: DriverView 2017-02-03.txt
    BlueScreenView Data: BlueScreenView 2017-02-03.txt

Best regards
    Roger Bengtsson
    MSDN Premium subscriber

TwistedRat, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Joenaldo Win User

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes.

My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs:

• DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY

That being said it's nearly always the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error; the other messages haven't happened more than once or twice each.

I've attached the DM Log but I'm fairly new at this so please let me know if there is any other information that would help fix this.

Help me Ten Forums, you're my only help.

Attachment 52025

Joenaldo, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and/or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - BSODs KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hello, I bought this desktop computer a couple months ago with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit already installed. It has been functioning okay. Today it stopped like this two times. The message on the screen said something like we will gather some info and then restart the device for...
  3. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hey, i need some help. I get BSOD like once every other day and i'd like to fix it. I think it's a driver issue so i have used the driver verifier as suggested in this post...
  4. BSOD, irql_not_less_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure

BSOD, irql_not_less_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure: Hello Everyone, Currently my PC is driving me completely insane, build a new rig, with (supposedly) all the latest drivers installed. But since a few days I get multiple BSOD with either irql_not_less_or_equal, kernel_security_check_failure. I've already run the obvious...
  5. KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD: Hi, I keep getting the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE BSOD error and am not quite sure how to fix it. So far I've checked for memory issues using the Memory Diagnostics Tool and found no errors, I have also used the Driver Verifier and had no errors either. I then checked for...
  6. BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc

BSOD. (kernel security check failure, irql_not_less_or_equal) etc: First and foremost, hey guys, what's up. I can't seem to resolve this issue, I hope you guys can help me. Thanks. I recently installed the A10-7890k apu in my desktop, (I previously had a4 6300 apu in there), and ever since then I keep getting these bsods while I'm idling or...
  7. Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I get the BSOD when i watch netflix/youtube, it also happens sometimes when i randomly browse the net. I have removed the graphics card, external hdd and have replaced the ram, motherboard and PSU. Ive ran chk disk and DISM, reinstalled a fresh copy of windows on the hdd...
  8. Kernel_security_check_failure bsod

Kernel_security_check_failure bsod: A few months back I built my first PC, since then I've intermittently been experiencing BSOD crashes. My computer crashes to a BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE error message but I've also rarely had the following BSODs: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION...
  9. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: Hello I have been having some BSOD issues after the large January update, have done 2x clean Installs and the same still keep happening. I did update Intel Rapid Storage driver and it was then stable for about one week but have now started again. At this time there are...
  10. Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure

Bsod - kernel_security_check_failure: Hello there. I have purchased this new laptop last week. Recently, when playing GTA V, I've been having some troubles with BSODs (KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE). It's doesn't happen all the time, of course, but I've had the third one today. I can't figure out what's...