Windows 10: BSODs occurring after no particular action (BAD_POOL_HEADER)

Discus and support BSODs occurring after no particular action (BAD_POOL_HEADER) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting occasional BSODs on my W10 PC. (details on my profile) The most recent one was after I clicked on a Facebook link in Chrome, and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cursayer, May 29, 2016.

1. cursayer Win User

BSODs occurring after no particular action (BAD_POOL_HEADER)

I am getting occasional BSODs on my W10 PC. (details on my profile) The most recent one was after I clicked on a Facebook link in Chrome, and my computer blue screened giving a BAD_POOL_HEADER error. I tried debugging it myself using WinDbg but I wasn't able to find the culprit for the crashes. I have a feeling it might be my graphics card causing the errors, but I am running the latest AMD driver provided on their website.Attachment 82351

The zip file created is attached to the post below. Any tips to solving this are appreciated!

:)

cursayer, May 29, 2016

2. Bad Pool Header

I have Windows 10 pro 32 bit.

I downloaded MalwareByte only a couple days ago. Since then I've had tons of BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD. So the latest version of MalwareByte doesn't really fix this particular error.

MirrorOnTheWall, May 29, 2016
  3. bad pool header issues on windows 10 pro insider preview build 16278

Hi,

Most blue screen errors are caused by faulty or out-of-date drivers. Bad_pool_header in particular usually occurs after you've installed new hardware or apps that don't work with your PC.

To resolve this, follow the troubleshooting provided in this
    support article
    on how to fix error 0x19: Bad_pool_header.

Kindly get back to us with the outcome.

Patricia Yu, May 29, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

BSODs occurring after no particular action (BAD_POOL_HEADER) [​IMG]

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

1. BSODs occurring after no particular action (BAD_POOL_HEADER) - Similar Threads - BSODs occurring particular

2. Windows 10 BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER: Hello, I'm looking for some help for a BSOD I frequently having been getting recently. I have the minidump file here: Link to file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TG5j2dL9dOnjQe75mfouQRlkhjmBRCjz I have already tried: sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  3. New laptop BSOD bad_pool_header occurs at random

New laptop BSOD bad_pool_header occurs at random: Just bought this, its for my dad but it keeps doing the same BSOD. It was wiped already so theres not really anything on it. Its a dell i3-7100U, 8gb ram, 1tb hdd. I really like the machine and don't want to return it, they don't have anymore of this one. So I'm hoping its...
  4. BSOD bad_pool_header after update 1809

BSOD bad_pool_header after update 1809: Hello, after update windows 1809 and cleanup older version of W10 /windows.old/, today it was 4x BSOD.NTB-BLAZEK-10_12_2018_134648,87.zip 123208
  5. BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD - BAD_POOL_HEADER - ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, Recently I've been getting fairly frequent BSOD (BAD_POOL_HEADER) on my PC. It was around the same time as I moved the PC from one room to another. Perhaps this is merely co-incidental, I don't know, perhaps a driver or something else causes the issues. After the BSODs...
  6. BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header

BSOD-Bad_Pool_Header: I've only just upgraded to Windows 10 and have gotten the BSOD several times during the upgrade. The upgrade did complete, but now the BSOD is random although opening Edge does seem to set it off. Any help would be most appreciated. 31335
  7. BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER during normal use

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER during normal use: Hey guys ! Already ran memtest and it came out as pass, updated the bios and made sure i had my drivers updated, dont really know whats going on :/ Error file comes up as ntoskrnl.exe Had previous BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys but fixed it already Attachment 115586...
  8. Bsod bad_pool_header

Bsod bad_pool_header: My computer bsod randomly when i'm browsing the internet (once every 6 days or so). I'm thinking it's a driver issue but am unsure which drivers to reinstall. This computer is around 3 months old which i built. 71048
  9. BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER

BSODS, again :( BAD_POOL_HEADER: I had solved my last Blue Screens replacing my RAMS, but now i've got a BSOD.*Mad I was downloading BLACK OPS 3 on Steam and Browsing Internet (Chrome), while editing a file with WordPad. Logs attached. 37087
  10. BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached

BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD, Dump File attached: Hi, I've finally given up and looking to windows 10 experts to help :( I randomly receive BSOD caused by tcpip.sys (so it says). For instance, i received one 10 minutes ago after waking up in the morning (5.30am AEST), turning my monitor on, pressing 'enter' to log on,...