Windows 10: BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Essenbe, I have attached the updated logs collected. Cheers, Max Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by maxj, Aug 6, 2015.

1. maxj Win User

BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Hi Essenbe,

I have attached the updated logs collected.

Cheers,
    Max

2. essenbe Win User

You are getting a lot of errors from EmabssyServer.exe, which is usually a part of it is usually a part of Dell data Protection located at C:\Program Files\Dell\Dell Data Protection\Access\Advanced\Wave\EMBASSY Client Core.

You are still getting errors from OHub.exe. This is what little I was ablr to find out about it. See if any of this sounds like something you have installed

essenbe, Aug 9, 2015
  3. maxj Win User
    Hi Essenbe,

Thanks for that.

Could the Dell data protection be 'Dell backup and Recovery Manager'? I can see that file location exists, but not sure what application it is for. A local search doesn't find anything for 'Embassy' which is strange.

Don't think I have any of those installed, I will do a little searching around OHub.exe and see if I can find anything on my computer that would have it.

Cheers,
    Max

4. essenbe Win User

Yes, it could be the Dell Data Safe and I'm sure you have the OHub or it wouldn't appear in the dump files as an error. The problem is that programs like that are many times a part of another program. If you can't find it, we can try 'plan B'.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - BSODs boot upgrading

2. windows 7 pro upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 pro upgrade to 10: im trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 and i have tried the online windows download and it will not allow me to choose the OS version i want and it will not allow me to save to a flashdrive...
  3. windows 7 pro upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 pro upgrade to 10: im trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 pro to windows 10 and i have tried the online windows download and it will not allow me to choose the OS version i want and it will not allow me to save to a flashdrive...
  4. windows 7 pro upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I recently used the msi tool to update a windows 7 pro machine to windows 10 pro. It appears to have a activated the install just fine and is working? Is this install legal?...
  6. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I want to upgrade a Windows 7 PC which by the requirements is upgradable to Windows 10 Pro. I went to the Microsoft Store and the only option is to Download WIndows 10 Pro. My Windows 7 PC really requires a clean install. Does Windows 10 Pro give me the option to format...
  7. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer that I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 10. It is currently Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I have attempted to use the Media Creation Tool to do this as I have done probably a 100 times at time point and I am not able to upgrade without erasing all the settings...
  8. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  9. Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Get thew following error: This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC is not supported yet on this version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-of-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/558d9872-9d50-4dfe-9592-3c549d64ff50
  10. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: We are experiencing a strange issue with domain joined workstations when upgrading them to Windows 10. When running setup.exe or setupprep.exe from the install DVD/ISO we get: "Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and trying running Windows 10 Setup...