Windows 10: BSOD's on Windows 10 installation

Discus and support BSOD's on Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So I've got a laptop from a friend that had some issues with it. His laptop started giving blue screen errors only when playing CS:GO (other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by billy91, Apr 27, 2017.

1. billy91 Win User

BSOD's on Windows 10 installation

Hello,

So I've got a laptop from a friend that had some issues with it. His laptop started giving blue screen errors only when playing CS:GO (other games worked fine). Then he updated his drivers and few days later his laptop would give BSOD at start up with this message: "Inaccessible Boot Device ".

After that, the laptop was going into a constant loop of Windows Repair then going to BSOD again(even in safe mode). I used Active Boot Disk to make sure he back-ups his data (no BSOD while on Boot Disk).

Then we decided to perform a clean installation on the laptop, and we did that with various of Windows 10 installations but every time the laptop would give BSOD during Windows 10 configuration (account name, password etc..). The laptop has 2 hard drives (1 SSD, 1 HDD) and I tried installing Windows 10 on both drives but still same result.

Most common BSOD messages were:
    • irql_not_less_or_equal
    • kernel_security_check_failure

I did some diagnostic checks (RAM and Hard Disks) using the laptop's own tools and everything seemed fine without errors.

I only managed to get his Minidump files before his laptop was unable to boot to see if a driver was interrupting the game but I couldn't make much of it, so maybe you guys can see something that I don't.

Here are the files: Attachment 132340

I hope you can help us out *Biggrin

Thank you!

Edit: Just noticed the instructions for posting a BSOD thread, unfortunately I can't run DM Log Collector Tool since the laptop doesn't even boot to Windows.

:)

billy91, Apr 27, 2017

2. Facillity at Zero

Specialization in replies:

Step1

Step2

Step3etc

Installation Guide Windows 10, Apr 27, 2017
  3. BSOD - tcpip.sys failure - anybody smart enough to figure this out???

BugCheck D1, {3c, 2, 1, fffff80c51947705}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FortiFilter.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ipeaklwf.sys

Probably caused by : FortiFilter.sys ( FortiFilter+1ceb )

I think the BSOD issues is resolved.

Here is some article how to configure and analyze with the WinDBG

Install and Configure WinDBG for BSOD Analysis Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10 Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Apr 27, 2017
  4. BSOD's on Windows 10 installation

There are many different bugchecks in the dumpfiles.

The cause for different error codes are usually hardware and lower level problems.

U should begin with:

BSOD's on Windows 10 installation [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Apr 27, 2017
  5. billy91 Win User
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it. Hello, thanks, I'm running Memtest now. So far no errors but I will let it run overnight just to be sure.

What other possible hardware issues could cause this? I thought it would be a faulty SSD at first, but I also tried to install it on the second drive and still got a BSOD so I guess that excludes any hard disk errors? The laptop is relatively new so I guess its rare to see a faulty CPU or Motherboard on a new laptop?

Thanks

billy91, Apr 27, 2017
  6. BSODHunter, Apr 27, 2017
  7. billy91 Win User
    billy91, Apr 27, 2017
  8. billy91 Win User

I managed to get past Windows configuration and I got into Windows, but it still gives blue screens after 1-2 minutes max. However I managed to run DM Log Collector Tool. I attached the zip file.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks

billy91, Apr 27, 2017
  9. Code: 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (28.04.2017 15:23:08) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption Netwtw04.sys [24.07.2016] PROCESS: System Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility ============================================================================================================== 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (28.04.2017 15:21:08) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: MsMpEng.exe Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS ============================================================================================================== 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (28.04.2017 15:18:34) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: wdiwifi.sys [19.10.2030] * WDI Driver Framework Driver Netwtw04.sys [24.07.2016] PROCESS: System Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility ============================================================================================================== 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (28.04.2017 15:15:10) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: Netwtw04.sys [24.07.2016] PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver ============================================================================================================== 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (28.04.2017 15:06:50) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: dwm.exe Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS ==============================================================================================================[/quote]
    50/50 RAM Failure & Wifi Drivers

Should wait till memtest finished min 8 passes. U should try to update or roll back all the network drivers (wifi)

Intel(R) Wireless Adapter Driver for Windows 10 - 64 Bit

BSODHunter, Apr 27, 2017
  10. billy91 Win User
    50/50 RAM Failure & Wifi Drivers

Should wait till memtest finished min 8 passes. U should try to update or roll back all the network drivers (wifi)

Intel(R) Wireless Adapter Driver for Windows 10 - 64 Bit[/quote] Memtest stopped after 4 passes and showed no errors. I think the new version (MemTest86 V7.3 Free Edition) only goes up to 4 passes? I'm not sure its been a long time since I used Memtest. *Biggrin

The WiFi part seems interesting because sometimes I get an instant blue screen when I enable it, but sometimes I still get a blue screen even if its disabled. Also I don't think the WiFi drivers matters because even in safe mode I still get BSOD. The only thing I haven't tried was updating the BIOS, but I didn't want to risk doing anything that could break the warranty.

billy91, Apr 27, 2017
  11. BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD's on Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - BSOD's installation

2. BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows: I am having BSOD errors on my Dell Alienware M17 R5 laptop, i am installing manufacturers drivers but i think its driver related. I am adding my minidump files. Minidump.zip I tried using driver checker and i got BSOD errors hypervisor_error, pfn list corrupt and after trying...
  3. BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Errors even after clean install of Windows: I am having BSOD errors on my Dell Alienware M17 R5 laptop, i am installing manufacturers drivers but i think its driver related. I am adding my minidump files. Minidump.zip I tried using driver checker and i got BSOD errors hypervisor_error, pfn list corrupt and after trying...
  4. Windows gets a BSOD after installing boot camp drivers INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows gets a BSOD after installing boot camp drivers INACCESSIBLE BOOT DRIVE: I was trying to run windows 10 on my MacBook Air from an external drive using this tutorial: https://youtu.be/3IhW722IMwE?si=Rz5pWv8RaInwgPOgWith a few adjustments for my MacBook Air, I had managed to install windows and boot it up, but once I installed the boot camp drivers...
  5. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  6. After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD

After fresh install of Windows 11 I still get BSOD: This is my bug check code 0x1010x8, 0x0, 0xFFFFAA81A9D40180, 0x4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-fresh-install-of-windows-11-i-still-get-bsod/6fb22eec-31a6-465a-a8a7-244fdb872962
  7. Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram: I'm using a TUF Dash F15 - FX516PM laptop.My initial specs are hereby,1. i5 - 11300H2. 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ3. RTX 3060 Laptop GpuI've installed a new Ram last week. Crucial 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ. And since then I've been getting frequent BSOD errors. I have BlueScreenView installed on...
  8. Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram

Frequent ntoskrnl.exe causing BSOD error after installing new Ram: I'm using a TUF Dash F15 - FX516PM laptop.My initial specs are hereby,1. i5 - 11300H2. 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ3. RTX 3060 Laptop GpuI've installed a new Ram last week. Crucial 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ. And since then I've been getting frequent BSOD errors. I have BlueScreenView installed on...
  9. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD after installation of Visual Basic 6.0.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD after installation of Visual Basic 6.0.: I recently installed Visual Basic 6.0 on my Inspiron 3505 dell laptop which has 1 tb HDD. And today i encountered a BSOD as IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and under it said WHAT FAILED: amdkdag.sys. I didn't got any problem of BSOD before installing visual basic . I encountered the...
  10. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD after installation of Visual Basic 6.0.

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD after installation of Visual Basic 6.0.: I recently installed Visual Basic 6.0 on my Inspiron 3505 dell laptop which has 1 tb HDD. And today i encountered a BSOD as IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and under it said WHAT FAILED: amdkdag.sys. I didn't got any problem of BSOD before installing visual basic . I encountered the...