Windows 10: BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

Discus and support BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I've recently started playing Overwatch, and it's been resulting in BSODs and crashes every so often, making the game pretty difficult to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chowderdude, Sep 6, 2016.

1. BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

Hi all,

I've recently started playing Overwatch, and it's been resulting in BSODs and crashes every so often, making the game pretty difficult to play (it's also happened once during Far Cry 3 recently, which is strange, since I had been running that game fine for the most part). The BSODs have been several different codes, but the ones I remember happening most are IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I've tried to open the minidumps in WinDbg myself, but I'm afraid I'm a bit lost trying to interpret what I see. I've attached the zip of my system information and dumps compiled by the program under the posting guidelines here.

Incidentally, I had similar problems with other games back when I was running Windows 7, which I posted about here: BSOD from nvlddmkm (running verifier) when trying to open GeForce Exp Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

Looking back at it, it seems like it wasn't really resolved fully, but I haven't had much problem with it since then until now. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Chowderdude, Sep 6, 2016

2. Getting a Blue Screen of Death from DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, I think.

Hello, I've recently been having a large frequency of BSODs all of a sudden. Most occurred after I played the game "Overwatch", but it has begun to occur simply from trying to use some resource-intensive (I doubt more intensive than Overwatch though) software
    as well.

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe the most recent BSOD was a "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE", but I think I might have seen a "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR" or something too.

For now, I'm going to try updating my graphics driver.

On a side note. when I play Overwatch, I have seen the internal temperature hit anywhere from 65 to 80 degrees Celsius. Should I dust my laptop? I believe I need to use compressed air or something.

DMP and NFO files link:

BSOD Files – Google Drive

A Cynical Asian, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Bluescreens while playing Destiny 2 and other games

Everytime i got a bluescreen, the code changed, i once got:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

And i only got Bluescreens, while playing Overwatch and Destiny 2.

JannikDreier, Sep 6, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

I don't see much useful info in any of the dumps though 3 or 4 indicate memory_corruption_large.

It would be a good idea to test your RAM as follows:

===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Thanks for taking a look! I just ran Memtest86+ over night last night, and I woke up to 8 passes with 0 errors this morning. Should I run a longer test, or do you think it may be something else, like the CPU?

Chowderdude, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    That is enough for memory, looks good.

Let's try runninv with Driver Verifier enabled, see if that gives us any more information.
    ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

PART TWO

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Sep 10, 2016
  7. Sorry for the delayed response; I was out of town for the weekend.

I just tried the driver verifier and it gave me a BSOD during boot up. I've recreated the zip file with the new crash dump information and attached it here (I guess you should only pay attention to the new one on 9/11/16). What would runninv have done if I had been able to boot up?

Chowderdude, Sep 11, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

The latest dump indicates a problem with ScpVBus.sys
    Code: Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ScpVBus.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ScpVBus.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ScpVBus.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] This belongs to Scarlet.Crush Productions Scp Dual Shock Virtual Bus Driver. I think it's SCPToolkit on your computer and has to do with Game controllers. Uninstall it and see if that fixes the problem.

Ztruker, Sep 12, 2016
  9. Ah, okay, I uninstalled it. Should I try the driver verifier again, or just try playing games and look for blue screens?

Chowderdude, Sep 12, 2016
  10. I was just playing some Overwatch to test my computer and I had another BSOD, though I feel like it took longer than usual this time to crash. It was another "MEMORY MANAGEMENT" error, crash dump attached here.

Should I try the driver verifier again?

Chowderdude, Sep 12, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Nothing useful in that dump unfortunately. Give Driver Verifier another try. Maybe it will show us something useful.

Ztruker, Sep 13, 2016
  12. The latest BSOD, running driver verifier, is attached. This time, it was something like "Kernel Security Check".

Chowderdude, Sep 14, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

Something different in this one:
    Code: BugCheck A, {8, 2, 0, fffff80364c4cef8} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MBfilt64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MBfilt64.sys Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] MDfilt64.sys belongs to your audio driver which is quite old:
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm MBfilt64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`2b750000 fffff800`2b75e000 MBfilt64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: MBfilt64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\MBfilt64.sys Image name: MBfilt64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Jul 30 23:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0) CheckSum: 0000FF02 ImageSize: 0000E000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] Looks like you have a Realtek audio, see if the latest works any better: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Forums

Ztruker, Sep 15, 2016
  14. Ah, that is old! Thanks for pointing that out; when I checked the driver through Windows, it told me I had the latest driver, which is strange. I updated my audio driver from my motherboard's website last night and played a little tonight, and I didn't BSOD during the game, but at some point after I put the computer to sleep while I went out, it crashed again, so I'm not sure what caused the stress this time. I was running driver verifier on it at the time, and attached is the dump.

Thanks for looking at so many crash reports with me -- I would have been pretty lost without your assistance.

Chowderdude, Sep 16, 2016
  15. Another BSOD, this time playing Overwatch, but not running driver verifier. It was a different error this time, but I don't remember exactly what it was.

Chowderdude, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

1. BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes - Similar Threads - BSODs playing Overwatch

2. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  3. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  4. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  5. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  6. BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Overwatch; error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Guys, Recently I have been experiencing freezes which is sometimes followed up by a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. Been looking through many solutions to regarding this error and none of them have helped, including changing the SATA/AHCI drivers to the...
  7. BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?

BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?: Hello, I recently got a new graphics card, as well as upgrading my OS to windows ten. However before and after these actions I receive various BSODs but only while playing Overwatch. Looking into it they seem to be related to the ntoskrnl.exe process, but I may be...
  8. multiple BSOD's playing Overwatch, ntoskrnl.exe

multiple BSOD's playing Overwatch, ntoskrnl.exe: Hi! I've been having numerous crashes of Overwatch and Google Chrome for the past several weeks. I've been trying to troubleshoot the crashes but haven't been successful so far. I've attached the minidump files to this thread. If anyone can point me to what the problem is I'd...
  9. BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch

BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch: I keep getting blue screens and I did my own basic research on the errors and have had no luck. If I could get some help on this it would be much appreciated. 62318
  10. BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error: Hey everyone, I got my very first BSOD when i am playing overwatch. I'm using my laptop almost 2 years. Windows 10 x64, 8Gb ram, Intel i7-5700hq 2.7ghz. And using One Hdd, one ssd and """ m2-pci express ssd on m2 port. my computer brand says it s not supported at m2-pci...