Windows 10: BSOD's playing Squad, Wargame:RD - Always System_Service_Exception

Discus and support BSOD's playing Squad, Wargame:RD - Always System_Service_Exception in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Intermittent BSOD's. Most of the time it'll be a System_Service_Exception but every now and then I'll get something new and exciting like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Attila41, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Attila41 Win User

BSOD's playing Squad, Wargame:RD - Always System_Service_Exception

Intermittent BSOD's. Most of the time it'll be a System_Service_Exception but every now and then I'll get something new and exciting like Clock_Watchdob_Timeout. I've very recently (last week or so) run MemTest86 with no errors popping up, and that's pretty much the extent to which I know what to do.

Here's a Speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/4...bma7jMvPX58CMv

Attached is a Mini Tool Box output, and the BSOD output from the forum sticky.

If I need to add anything else just let me know, thanks in advance.

:)

Attila41, Jul 26, 2016
  2. Neprut Win User

Windows BSOD issues - Have DMP files

The driver verifier is not the issue here.... The whole point of that command is to BSOD your system and to see which drivers are acting up, that is the reason I posted the .dmp file for that BSOD. Of course I would have disabled that after successfully
    getting the system to crash...

My BIOS is the latest version (American Megatrends Inc. 1.I0, 25-Apr-17), that is the reason the .nfo file is included with the dumps so people are able to see that.

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION is indeed the main BSOD caused by main things over the past few weeks, which is what I am trying to fix.

29JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kfull.sys)

26JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

24JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

23JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

22JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ntoskrnl.exe)

18JUL - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (win32kbase.sys)

ect, ect...

If older .dmp files are necessary I can always provide.

Thanks.

Neprut, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Swang007 Win User
    System Service Exception Error

So recently I've been getting BSODs whenever I try to play online videos. Usually it's YouTube, but it's happened on other websites as well. A video will play for a few seconds, then the screen will pixelate down into Windows 10's BSOD. I always get the
    following error:

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (ddkmd.sys)

After searching for ddkmd.sys online, it seems to only be happening to people who have installed a driver for some device or USB thing? I'm not exactly sure... I don't recall ever installing a driver like this either. Any ideas?

Swang007, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Latest dump indicates a problem with aswMonFlt.sys.

Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8034c0ada32, ffffd0002a9810c0, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys Probably caused by : aswMonFlt.sys ( aswMonFlt+6747 )[/quote] aswMonFlt.sys belongs to Avast anti-virus. Try uninstalling it then make sure Windows Defender and Windows Firewall are enabled and run with them for awhile, see if that resolves the problem.

The older dumps are inconclusive, many are Bugcheck 3B pointing at different kernel modules. Something else is causing the problem.

If removing Avast does not fix the problem, then enable Driver Verifier and see what that shows us:

===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10

Pay close attention to

BSOD's playing Squad, Wargame:RD - Always System_Service_Exception [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    BSOD's playing Squad, Wargame:RD - Always System_Service_Exception [​IMG]

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.

Warning:
    It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.

Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.

What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Attila41 Win User
    Thanks for the reply, uninstalled Avast.

Ran Driver Verifier and in the meantime ran ChkDsk with no errors.

Here's the updated BSOD file.

Attila41, Jul 27, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Two new dumps in that zip. The first one 7/27 1:57PM does not have Verifier enabled. It does indicate a problem with dxggms.sys which is a Windows module and not the cause. I see quite a few references to atikmdag in the thread trace. This belongs to your AMD Radeon R9 200 Series video card driver.

Looks like you have the latest available:

Code: Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Timestamp: Fri Jul 08 15:11:29 2016 (577FFAE1)[/quote] The newest dump is 7/27 7:02PM and Driver Verifier is enabled and setup correctly.

Code: BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff803df67d924, ffffd0005dbf56b0, 0} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+14 )[/quote] ntkrnlmp.exe is par tof the OS and not the cause of this failure either.

Looking at the thread trace, it indicates a problem with EasyAntiCheat.sys

Code: ffffd000`5dbf6498 fffff801`3e19bdcdUnable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\EasyAntiCheat.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for EasyAntiCheat.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for EasyAntiCheat.sys EasyAntiCheat+0xbdcd[/quote] This is probably the real cause of your problems. Can you run your games without it?

Ztruker, Jul 27, 2016
  7. Attila41 Win User
    Thanks for the follow-up.

This is probably the real cause of your problems. Can you run your games without it?[/quote]
    Unfortunately the game, Squad, requires the EasyAntiCheat.sys to run. I inadvertently discovered this when I failed to properly disable Driver Verifier. I get a pop-up displaying

I guess the EAC instability is due to the game being in Alpha.

Thanks again for your help.

Attila41, Jul 27, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

That could very well be. Hopefully they will release an updated version soon that you can try.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD's playing Squad, Wargame:RD - Always System_Service_Exception - Similar Threads - BSOD's playing Squad

2. BSOD playing overwatch, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION WIN32KFULL.SYS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing overwatch, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION WIN32KFULL.SYS: Hello, I need some help. I have built a newer Ryzen system for a friend that currently gets random BSOD during games like overwatch, battlefield 1, and using an internet browser such as Firefox. It’s very random, sometimes after he starts the game sometimes, he can game for a...
  3. BSOD System_Service_Exception while playing games

BSOD System_Service_Exception while playing games: Getting a BSOD about 10 minutes after starting a game. Seems to happen most consistently with Fortnite. Computer runs fine otherwise. Updated my video card drivers as well as windows and the issue hasn't been resolved. Have also tried a system restore but this only seems to...
  4. BSOD When Playing Games System_Service_Exception

BSOD When Playing Games System_Service_Exception: I recently installed a new hard drive into my system. It began to crash with the System_Service_Exception error. I decided that since I was going to reinstall windows on a SSD anyways, I might as well do it now. So I reinstalled windows on a solid state and everything was...
  5. BSOD system_service_exception, when playing

BSOD system_service_exception, when playing: Hello I am beginning to get a BSOD system_service_exception, when i play a game on my pc. Attachment 41818 Thenk you for your help, Anders 25680
  6. BSOD System_Service_Exception when playing Games

BSOD System_Service_Exception when playing Games: I get the BSOD when playing games. It only occurs when something big happens, (for example on Dragon Age: Inquisition when a dragon scorches the entire field). It happens both when my system is overclocked and when it is not overclocked (I tried both.) I figured it was a...
  7. BSOD playing Second Life, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Netios.sys)

BSOD playing Second Life, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Netios.sys): Dear all, since a few weeks I experience BSOD errors randomly when I want to start the Second Life Viewer application Firestorm Viewer (4.7.9.50527, which is the latest release for Windows, 64bit) I am suspecting that a/the graphics cards driver could cuase the problem...
  8. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Crash while playing

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Crash while playing: Hi there, My PC is getting random BSODS while playing. I tested RAM with Memtest86 but no errors were found. Also reinstalling Windows from a scratch didn't help so any help would be deeply appreciated.*Smile All the neccesary info is attached. 43792
  9. BSOD Playing SWTOR , System_Service_Exception Netio.sys

BSOD Playing SWTOR , System_Service_Exception Netio.sys: Hello Keep getting BSOD as stated above really annoying only started recently when trying to launch star wars the old republic. Not sure whats going on but i recently updated the graphics card driver to the latest and a few bsods occured while trying to launch Swtor so rolled...
  10. BSOD when playing youtube videos (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

BSOD when playing youtube videos (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION): I recently build a new computer (everything new except for harddrive), and upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10. Few days ago I got a BSOD while watching youtube in firefox (I dont recall the type of error) than today I got a BSOD while watching youtube again...