Windows 10: BSODs randomly

Discus and support BSODs randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I don't use this PC too often anymore (however, the info under "System Specs" is for this PC), but I use it every once in a while. BSODs come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by qazwsxm, Feb 23, 2017.

1. qazwsxm Win User

BSODs randomly

Hi,

I don't use this PC too often anymore (however, the info under "System Specs" is for this PC), but I use it every once in a while. BSODs come randomly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment 122572

Thanks

:)

qazwsxm, Feb 23, 2017

2. IRQL_UNEXPECTED ERROR happening many times since installing windows 10 from windows 7

Windows 10 Installed fine, it will BSOD randomly (or so it seems).

Paulehutson, Feb 23, 2017
  3. AlJo1 Win User
    Windows Blue Screen of Death ntoskrnl.exe

It's still blue screening randomly. I see the BSOD, my computer restarts, and i log back in. 5-10 minutes later it BSOD's again.

AlJo1, Feb 23, 2017
  4. BSODs randomly

Could be driver or memory related. I would start with checking the ram:

BSODs randomly [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    BSODs randomly [​IMG]
    RAM TEST

BSODs randomly [​IMG]
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

BSODs randomly [​IMG]

BSODs randomly [​IMG]
    Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Feb 23, 2017
  5. qazwsxm Win User
    Thanks for your reply. I am currently very busy, so I will have to end up doing Memtest some time towards the end of next week. I will post the results then.

qazwsxm, Feb 28, 2017
  6. Is there any news or did you fix the problem?

BSODHunter, May 8, 2017
  7. qazwsxm Win User
    Sorry, I have been quite busy lately. My school semester is ending in a few days, so I will start working on it after that. Hopefully I should have memtest done by this weekend. I'll put it on my calendar right now.

Thanks for asking though *Smile

qazwsxm, May 8, 2017
  8. qazwsxm Win User

BSODs randomly

I just started running Memtest, I'll get back to you sometime tomorrow.

qazwsxm, May 12, 2017
  9. qazwsxm Win User
    I got 10 passes with no errors.

qazwsxm, May 12, 2017
  10. qazwsxm Win User
    I kept it running and it got to 23 passes. It found around 600 errors on the 21st pass. What should I do now?

qazwsxm, May 13, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Any error is bad. Replace the defective memory.

Ztruker, May 14, 2017
  12. sorry for the late reply. Yes, you should replace it like Ztruker said.

BSODHunter, May 14, 2017
  13. qazwsxm Win User

BSODs randomly

Thanks for you replies. I am going to have to test each stick and slot to figure out which one is the problem. That will take some time (4 sticks, 4 slots).

qazwsxm, May 14, 2017
  14. qazwsxm Win User
    I'm perplexed.
    I ran 40 passes for slot 1 with stick 1 with 0 errors
    35 passes for slot 2 and stick 2 with 0 errors
    45 passes for slot 3 and stick 3 with 0 errors
    and currently running slot 4 and stick 4 with 0 errors (currently on pass 21)

What should I do now? BTW, I never changed the RAM sticks, these are the same RAM sticks that came with the PC.

qazwsxm, May 28, 2017
  15. qazwsxm Win User
    I kept the 4th ram stick running till the 86th pass with no errors. I actually completely forgot about it, thats why I kept it for so long.

Attachment 137378

qazwsxm, May 29, 2017
Thema:

BSODs randomly

1. BSODs randomly - Similar Threads - BSODs randomly

2. Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate: Hi, I need help please please. Random restart of my PC, for the past week. 2 to 3 times a day. I have replaced power supply and CPU fan. Then earlier it restarted randomly again, and this time there was a blue screen. Below are the errors I found when I booted on safe mode. I...
  3. Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate: Hi, I need help please please. Random restart of my PC, for the past week. 2 to 3 times a day. I have replaced power supply and CPU fan. Then earlier it restarted randomly again, and this time there was a blue screen. Below are the errors I found when I booted on safe mode. I...
  4. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...: What could be my issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-randomly-restarts-with-no-bsod-or-crashing/61a57001-1f57-41ce-bd0f-e4e86d1e0c6f
  5. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...: What could be my issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-randomly-restarts-with-no-bsod-or-crashing/61a57001-1f57-41ce-bd0f-e4e86d1e0c6f
  6. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Ryzen 5 3600 random bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ryzen 5 3600 random bsod: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=C9DA80C8C464C068&id=C9DA80C8C464C068%21s968289b7e2194287bbda8b27b876f0ef&parId=root&o=OneUpminidump fileits bsod causes while im play gamesand afk...
  8. Ryzen 5 3600 random bsod

Ryzen 5 3600 random bsod: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=C9DA80C8C464C068&id=C9DA80C8C464C068%21s968289b7e2194287bbda8b27b876f0ef&parId=root&o=OneUpminidump fileits bsod causes while im play gamesand afk...
  9. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  10. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...