Windows 10: BSOD's related to memory / drivers, increasing in frequency

Discus and support BSOD's related to memory / drivers, increasing in frequency in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The BSOD mini dump debugging did not display a misbehaving driver. The BSOD memory dump debugging displayed a recurrent misbehaving driver: nvlddmkm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zbook, Apr 5, 2018.

1. zbook New Member

BSOD's related to memory / drivers, increasing in frequency

The BSOD mini dump debugging did not display a misbehaving driver.
    The BSOD memory dump debugging displayed a recurrent misbehaving driver: nvlddmkm

This BSOD was with Nvidia GPU: version 23.21.13.8813
    Code: Driver c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f936d37e592b25aa\nvlddmkm.sys (23.21.13.8813, 16.15 MB (16,936,048 bytes), 04/26/18 19:11)[/quote] Code: nvlddmkm.sys Fri Oct 27 10:49:39 2017 (59F35593)[/quote] See if you can find a friend, neighbor, relative, or local computer store to swap the Nvidia GPU card.
    1) Remove the Nvidia GPU hardware and only use the Intel GPU until you find another card to swap
    2) Swap the Nvidia GPU and perform two tests:
    3) Test another Nvidia GPU in the problematic computer
    4) Test the problematic GPU card in another computer

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
  2. synkr0 Win User

After removing some troublesome drivers and updating others, I'm still getting hit with multiple BSOD's per day, seemingly related to memory issues related to bad drivers. I recently ran Memtest86 (standard config) and didn't uncover any issues there. Log file is attached. Any help is appreciated.

:)

synkr0, Apr 14, 2018
  3. BSOD with APC_Index_Mismatch Wdf01000.sys error message

I have a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 10 (fully updated). Recently I have begun to get BSOD with the following error message:

APC_Index_Mismatch Wdf01000.sys

I have updated all drivers and the problem persists with increasing frequency. I have searched the web for answers on what the problem might be but can not find a resolution. Can anyone assist?

kirbyskipper, Apr 14, 2018
  4. BSOD's related to memory / drivers, increasing in frequency

BSOD with increasing frequency Bugcheck 1000007e

I am getting BSOD several times a week, Bugcheck 1000007e. This includes when running just chrome, notepad++ and event viewer.

I have uninstalled the recently updated Nvidia graphics driver and re-installed the OEM version from Dell, which did not help.

Minidumps are here along with sys info:

Minidumps201712.zip

Can anyone decipher the minidump and point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Kevin P Kleinfelter, Apr 14, 2018
  5. synkr0 Win User
    1. Done
    2. All files will be posted to this dropbox link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kvbhaxc5b...RaKhXRq5a?dl=0
    3. Log collection zip added to dropbox link
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.371](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.6.
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.16299.15Image Version: 10.0.16299.371[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Volume label is System Drive.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 619264 file records processed.File verification completed. 8149 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 909 reparse records processed. 820836 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. 909 reparse records processed.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 100787 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 41551328 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 499109609 KB total disk space. 156046060 KB in 348385 files. 239084 KB in 100788 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 752809 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 342071656 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 124777402 total allocation units on disk. 85517914 allocation units available on disk.

9. No overclocking configured
    11. BIOS has been reset to defaut
    15. System restore created
    17. Speccy installed
    18. I will run memtest86 overnight
    19. HD Tune results added to dropbox link above
    20. Intel Smart Connect removed

synkr0, Apr 15, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 15, 2018
  7. synkr0 Win User
    synkr0, Apr 15, 2018
  8. zbook New Member

There are 2 log collectors: DM and beta.
    The log seen in the dropbox link is the DM log collector. The beta log collector should collect some folders and many more files.
    See if you can run the beta log collector and post a new zip into the thread.
    For all tests please post images into the thread: Memtest86+ version 5.01 (8 or more passes)

zbook, Apr 15, 2018
  9. synkr0 Win User
    Beta log and memtest86 report added to the Dropbox link.

synkr0, Apr 16, 2018
  10. zbook New Member
    Please use the link in post #2 step #18 > post an image of Memtest86+ version 5.01.
    Note: There are many software programs that can test RAM.
    Please use this link: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    For the beta zip please right click > zip using 7zip or similar software > post a link into the thread.
    For posts please place the newest information into the newest post.

zbook, Apr 16, 2018
  11. synkr0 Win User
    synkr0, Apr 16, 2018
  12. zbook New Member
    The software that was used to test the RAM was not Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link in the post.
    Please use this software with the link provided.

For the dropbox the method used to enter the zip is unfortunately separating the folders into many files instead of having the folders. The msinfo did not open as nfo, etc.
    So please use 7zip to keep the files and folders organized. Then they can be opened in the typical fashion rather than have a very large number of individual files. So the folders need to be kept intact and the msinfo32 needs to open as NFO.

zbook, Apr 16, 2018
  13. synkr0 Win User

The zip files have been replaced with 7z archives. Hopefully they can be opened as intended.

I will re-run version 5.01 of memtest86, I didn't realize you wanted a particular version.

synkr0, Apr 16, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    That worked and is now in the typical format.
    Please perform the following:
    1) In the left lower corner search type: system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > under startup and recovery system failure > un-check automatically restart.
    With automatically restart un-checked you should be able to see the BSOD windows with the bugchecks. The windows at times may display the misbehaving driver in the form *.sys. If you see the driver record it and post it into the thread.
    There is a % counter. Make sure that it rises to 100% for each BSOD window before rebooting. This should allow sufficient time to create the dump files.

2) Open Ccleaner > click Windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread.

3) Uninstall Malwarebytes using the applicable uninstall tool:
    Malwarebytes Cleanup Utility download and instr... | Official Malwarebytes Support

4) Malwarebytes can be reinstalled 1 week after the last BSOD.

5) For any new BSOD please run the beta log collector and post a new zip into the newest post.

6) Please run HD Tune on each disk drive and post results into the thread for:
    a) Health (SMART)
    b) Benchmark
    c) Full error scan

7) The images for the HD Tune results had the drive information cut off. Please make sure that each post displays the drive information: SanDisk SD8SB8U512G1122; ST500DM002-1BD142; WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 etc.

zbook, Apr 16, 2018
  15. synkr0 Win User
    synkr0, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD's related to memory / drivers, increasing in frequency - Similar Threads - BSOD's related memory

2. BSOD increasing in frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD increasing in frequency: Hello,For about a year or so my laptop Asus Zenbook UX534FTC-AS77 would continuously restart while it was on the lock screen. It would restart every 10-15 minutes. This was not a big issue and I tried a few troubleshooting steps reinstalled windows. More recently the problem...
  3. BSOD increasing in frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD increasing in frequency: Hello,For about a year or so my laptop Asus Zenbook UX534FTC-AS77 would continuously restart while it was on the lock screen. It would restart every 10-15 minutes. This was not a big issue and I tried a few troubleshooting steps reinstalled windows. More recently the problem...
  4. Multiple memory related BSOD on a fresh install with no drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple memory related BSOD on a fresh install with no drivers: Hi. I currently have been having many different BSOD errors on my pc which i can not track down no matter what i do. I have tried following all the recommendations i have been searching to no avail.Even following this guide, i had my PC blue screen while opening edge to...
  5. Multiple memory related BSOD on a fresh install with no drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple memory related BSOD on a fresh install with no drivers: Hi. I currently have been having many different BSOD errors on my pc which i can not track down no matter what i do. I have tried following all the recommendations i have been searching to no avail.Even following this guide, i had my PC blue screen while opening edge to...
  6. BSOD Frequency Increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Frequency Increasing: Hi,I've been using my current computer for a while but began experiencing BSODs more and more often including an odd behavior where the machine would crash when launching Apex Legends, but not any other program about a week ago. They generally occur while interacting with a...
  7. BSOD Frequency Increasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Frequency Increasing: Hi,I've been using my current computer for a while but began experiencing BSODs more and more often including an odd behavior where the machine would crash when launching Apex Legends, but not any other program about a week ago. They generally occur while interacting with a...
  8. BSOD Frequency Increasing

9. BSODs increasing in frequency

BSODs increasing in frequency: Hey there tenforum wizards. I have myself a Dell laptop that just recently started to BSOD on my. I'm doing this post on it now in safe mode, and it actually seems to be working okay here. Started by looking at bluescreenview, but I'm not savvy enough to make heads or tails...
  10. BSOD Occurring with increasing frequency

BSOD Occurring with increasing frequency: Hope someone will be able to decipher what the issue is, I have looked at dump files but they all seem to point to: Analysis Inconclusive *Confused Please see attached. Kind regards, Rob 94252