Windows 10: BSOD's since building a new PC

Discus and support BSOD's since building a new PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, About three weeks ago I built a new PC. Ever since then I have been getting BSOD's. Not very persistent. Usually just during startup. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Skylark_JD, Jul 28, 2018.

1. BSOD's since building a new PC

Hello all,

About three weeks ago I built a new PC. Ever since then I have been getting BSOD's. Not very persistent. Usually just during startup. Then the PC restarts and I can use it just fine. I have tried al kinds of things to find the problem. After doing a complete reinstall of Windows 10 the problem actually went away for a week. But a couple of days ago I got the dreaded screen again.

The BSOD has been referring to two different reason's. Kernel Security Check Failure and Memory Management. I ran Memtest86 and found no problems.

According to everything I found by googling the problem should be found in a faulty driver. But Bluescreenview only points met to ntoskrnl.exe and NTFS.sys.

I uploaded the last three DMP files here:

https://ufile.io/uc3ov

https://ufile.io/lubwk

https://ufile.io/0aesu

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Kind regards.

:)

Skylark_JD, Jul 28, 2018
  2. BarbaricSoul, Jul 28, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Thrackan Win User

BSOD's since building a new PC

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

BSOD's since building a new PC

1. BSOD's since building a new PC - Similar Threads - BSOD's since building

2. New PC Build BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Build BSOD: Hello, I recently built a micro ITX PC. Everything seems to run great, but it gets a random Blue Screen of Death every few hours.I have done all the basic troubleshooting with drivers, repairing system files, updates, etc… I need further help pulling and reading logs to...
  3. BSOD on new PC Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on new PC Build: I could really use some help. This is a bit above my paygrade.I've build two new identical computers. They contain: ASUS z790-A Gaming WIFI motherboard with 128GB of Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM XMP disabled, running slower.They both exhibit the same behavior. When I...
  4. BSOD on new PC Build

BSOD on new PC Build: I could really use some help. This is a bit above my paygrade.I've build two new identical computers. They contain: ASUS z790-A Gaming WIFI motherboard with 128GB of Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM XMP disabled, running slower.They both exhibit the same behavior. When I...
  5. New PC Build BSOD

New PC Build BSOD: Today I put together my new PC with the following specs:* Ryzen 5600x w/ stock cooler* Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC replace a MSI B550M Pro-VDH Wifi that I thought was the problem* Corsair Vengence 2x8gb 3200mhz ram* MSI RX570 Left over from previous build* Corsair RM650x power...
  6. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  7. BSOD on a new PC Build

BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  8. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD since inception of new Build

BSOD since inception of new Build: HI All, Built a new PC about 4 months ago. Seem to get BSOD errors quite often, at least about 7 today. Then can go a week without one. Seems to happen randomly, sometime while browsing other times while gaming, other times when nothing is happening away from keyboard....
  10. BSOD since new build

BSOD since new build: This issue goes back to a new build and my previous OS of Windows 7. I thought I had it narrowed down to the video card driver but now I am less sure. I have been using Windows 10 Pro 64 just about since it was released and the problem persists. My drivers are updated, I...