Windows 10: BSODs Since PC Upgrade

Discus and support BSODs Since PC Upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, a few months ago I upgraded my computer (new ram, cpu, motherboard), and since then I have been experiencing multiple BSODs. They don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshMan9, Aug 1, 2017.

1. JoshMan9 Win User

BSODs Since PC Upgrade

Hi everyone, a few months ago I upgraded my computer (new ram, cpu, motherboard), and since then I have been experiencing multiple BSODs. They don't occur often, but maybe around a few times a month. They occur mostly while I'm gaming, but have sometimes occurred when I'm just browsing the internet. I have tried viewing the .dmp files with windbg, but I always get the same "GetContextState failed, 0x8007001E" message, making me unable to actually see the cause of the bsods. I'm not sure if this means that the BSOD is more of a hardware issue or something on my end with windgb. I'll also note that I barely ever (if ever) get the bsods from bench-marking tests and the like, so I'm pretty clueless to what my issue is. Thanks for the help.

:)

JoshMan9, Aug 1, 2017

2. BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NETIOSYS)

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in July on a Dell PC. Since then, I've had roughly 40 BSODs with the above error. This always happens while I'm using the internet. The BSOD states that it will restart my PC, but doesn't. I have to manually restart.
    All drivers are up to date. Any help is gratefully appreciated.

ColinMarkey, Aug 1, 2017
  3. BSODs since Windows 10 upgrade

These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver).

Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.

If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.

In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not

1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/bsod-memory-problems-test-easily-and-completely/21c3f63f-f570-4522-b2ef-ecc7b7ff6461

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 1, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

BSODs Since PC Upgrade

Hi JoshMan9,

Welcome to Ten Forums.

There was only 1 bsod mini dump file in the zip.
    When it was debugged it did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.
    There were multiple bsod noted but only one mini dump.
    There were many faulting applications that were related to gaming.

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan

4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.

6) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.
    Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

7) So please make sure your files are backed up.

8) Please make a backup image with Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything

9) And please create a brand new restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

10) windows driver verifier is a tool that is used to find misbehaving drivers.

It will repetitively produce bsod until all misbehaving drivers are fixed or until windows driver verifier is turned off.

There are 3 methods to turn off windows driver verifier:
    All methods are done using the windows recovery or windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    1) startup options (not startup repair) > select #6 safe mode with command prompt >
    type: verifier /reset
    2) command prompt opens Administrator X: \windows\system32\cmd.exe >
    type: verifier /bootmode /resetonbootfail
    3) system restore
    Always attempt to turn off windows driver verifier with safe mode with command prompt verifier /reset
    System restore unfortunately leads to loss of the mini dump file so little progress is made in the troubleshooting.

To practice navigating within the windows advanced recovery open administrative command prompt and type: shutdown /r /o /f /t 00

When using windows driver verifier you will want to be able to view the bsod window. Make sure automatic restart is unchecked so that you have time to view the bsod window. The bsod window typically displays a stop code driver verifier detected violation and sometimes displays the misbehaving driver in the form *.sys. If you see the driver displayed please record it and post it in the thread.

The system settings need to be modified to not automatically restart so that you have ample time to view the bsod window. Follow the settings in this link: BSOD Finding and fixing them - Microsoft Community

Keyboard: win + r keys simultaneously > type or copy and paste: sysdm.cpl > click advanced tab > under startup and recover click settings > under system failure uncheck automatically restart

See this link: BSOD Finding and fixing them - Microsoft Community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-e95ee5d8669d

Please read this link so that you understand how to use windows driver verifer. It has custom settings to use for the testing.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-c48669e4c983

After each bsod you will turn off windows driver verifier and return to the desktop. On the desktop you will use bluescreenview and whocrashed to process the bsod mini dump file. You will then update or uninstall and reinstall the misbehaving drivers. Then you will reactivate windows driver verifier to find the next misbehaving driver. You can update or uninstall all misbehaving drivers first and after there are no more bsod start installing drivers. Alternatively you can reinstall a driver as soon as it is uninstalled. It is personal preference. The end result should be the same.

Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Please make sure that you create a brand new restore point before using windows driver verifier.
    You can start using the tool when you have time to process the bsod and feel comfortable navigating the windows advanced troubleshooting menu.

As you have bsod please update the zip file: BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Code: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote] Code: BugCheck 1, {7ffd6a028c34, 0, 200000, ffff8001cdcefb00}Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExitPico+194 )[/quote] Code: Problem signatureBSODs Since PC Upgrade :p1: CorsairLink4.Service.exe[/quote]

zbook, Aug 1, 2017
  5. JoshMan9 Win User
    Thanks for the fast reply, here are the results of the commands you sent:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.15063.0

Image Version: 10.0.15063.0

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is SpeedDemon.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    298496 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    7086 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    430650 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    66078 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    33681288 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

243617791 KB total disk space.
    150633044 KB in 219300 files.
    143420 KB in 66079 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    407955 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    92433372 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    60904447 total allocation units on disk.
    23108343 allocation units available on disk.

C:\Windows\system32>

Going to work on the rest of the stuff you posted, thanks again

JoshMan9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSODs Since PC Upgrade

1. BSODs Since PC Upgrade - Similar Threads - BSODs Since Upgrade

2. Multiple BSOD errors since upgrading computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD errors since upgrading computer: Hello,I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm a bit at the end of my rope since the errors are always different.Last month I upgraded from a Ryzen 7 5800x to a i9 12900k also moving from 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 to 32 GB 6000Mhz DDR5.I didn't initially notice any issues however...
  3. Multiple BSOD errors since upgrading computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD errors since upgrading computer: Hello,I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm a bit at the end of my rope since the errors are always different.Last month I upgraded from a Ryzen 7 5800x to a i9 12900k also moving from 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 to 32 GB 6000Mhz DDR5.I didn't initially notice any issues however...
  4. BSOD since forever on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD since forever on my PC: Hello,So I assembled my own PC, about 5 years ago. It has always BSOD on startup, at seemingly random times. PC restarts and its fine until I start up again. Doesnt really stop me using the PC, just a minor annoyance when start up, and its beyond my knowledge on how to fix. I...
  5. BSOD since hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD since hardware upgrade: I upgraded my cpu about two months ago and since then I have been running into constant blue screen of death errors. The most common errors I encounter are Machine check exception, though I do get irql_not_less_or_equal and dpc watchdog violation as well. I'm not an expert...
  6. Assistance With a Couple Recent BSODs Since Upgrading

Assistance With a Couple Recent BSODs Since Upgrading: I've gotten a couple of crashes in the week or two that I've been running win10. The first was a typical looking one, but the 2nd was a new-look windows 10 style and it said "critical process died". Very descriptive, huh. So I ran the V2 collector to gather some of the dump...
  7. Consistent BSODs Since Ryzen 3700x upgrade

Consistent BSODs Since Ryzen 3700x upgrade: Hello, Looking for some help. Since i upgraded from my Ryzen 2600x to 3700x i have been plagued by BSODS, they occur mainly when idling or when doing some light things like chrome or using mod organizer 2 for Skyrim etc but never has once happened during gameplay itself....
  8. BSOD's since building a new PC

BSOD's since building a new PC: Hello all, About three weeks ago I built a new PC. Ever since then I have been getting BSOD's. Not very persistent. Usually just during startup. Then the PC restarts and I can use it just fine. I have tried al kinds of things to find the problem. After doing a complete...
  9. Multiple daily BSOD since Upgrade to Win10

Multiple daily BSOD since Upgrade to Win10: Hi, I am losing my mind and have run out of places to check for help, so hoping someone here can assist: I installed Win 10 on 8/8. Since then receiving the same 2 BSOD multiple times every day, but no indication as to the cause. I have updated every driver I can think...
  10. BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.

BSOD Since Upgrading from 7 to 10.: BSOD has only been occurring since the upgrade to Windows 10. When: Happens all the time -- Immediately on start up, while browsing on internet (Edge, Chrome), while watching videos (DVD on VLC player), or while browsing explorer folders. All the time. What I've done...