Windows 10: BSOD's when awaking from sleep, after windows 10 upgrade.

Discus and support BSOD's when awaking from sleep, after windows 10 upgrade. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, After updating to Windows 10 Pro recently I get a lot of BSOD's (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION). Mostly when my laptop wakes up from a well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MacLeod, Aug 20, 2015.

1. MacLeod Win User

BSOD's when awaking from sleep, after windows 10 upgrade.

Hi all,

After updating to Windows 10 Pro recently I get a lot of BSOD's (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION). Mostly when my laptop wakes up from a well deserved moment of sleep. Also I noticed that sometimes the laptop awakens from sleep when I didn't ask it to wake up.

Any help pointing me towards the culprit (driver probably) would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the dump file I collected Attachment 32942

Best regards,

:)

MacLeod, Aug 20, 2015

2. keypad not working after awake from sleep windows 10

keypad not working after awake from sleep windows 10

***Moved from:Mobile Devices / Accessories / Other.***

DavidCrosson, Aug 20, 2015
  3. What happened to sleep

in Win 8, when I put the computer to sleep in the morning, it stayed asleep until I woke it up in the evening. After upgrading to Win 10, I put the computer to sleep in the morning, but when I get home in the evening, it's awake. How do I put the thing
    to sleep until I want it to wake up?

HarryJohnBee, Aug 20, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please upload the created zip file again, the zip file is empty.

5. MacLeod Win User
    Hi axe0,

Sorry I didn't reply any sooner. I have found the culprit myself. The driver for my accelerometer (ST Microelectronics) was causing the BSOD's on my machine. After removing the driver and software from my machine, I found a Windows 8 driver for this device on the Dell website. Now my machine is running smoothly (as in no more BSOD's) again.

I will mark the thread as solved.

Best regards,

MacLeod, Sep 3, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Glad you found the issue *Smile

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD's when awaking from sleep, after windows 10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - BSOD's awaking sleep

2. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  3. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  4. laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep: my laptop is toshiba satellite c640 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dispays-a-blue-screen-when-awake-from-sleep/bc2de41b-ae23-4106-a24f-b2060d066baa
  5. laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep: my laptop is toshiba satellite c640 windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dispays-a-blue-screen-when-awake-from-sleep/bc2de41b-ae23-4106-a24f-b2060d066baa
  6. laptop dispays a blue screen when awake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    awake from sleep: I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc...
  8. Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard: I recently purchase an HP all in one with windows 10 installed. I also purchased and installed MS Office. I cannot get the machine to wake up with a mouse or keyboard. I made sure that windows 10 is up to date. I have done all of the things suggested on the web, device...
  9. [BSOD] Cannot awake the laptop after sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [BSOD] Cannot awake the laptop after sleeping: Whenever I sleep my computer, there is a chance that I cannot wake it again. I open the computer lid and the power button lights up, but the screen is still dark. After a considerable length of time, the computer reboots itself. Here are the Mindmps files and MSinfo...
  10. BSOD occurring during use after awake from sleep - ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occurring during use after awake from sleep - ntoskrnl.exe: Hello guys! I have searched all around trying to find a solution to this issue. Situation: After fresh boot, computer runs fine, no issues. After a few hours of use, I put the computer to sleep/standby. The problem occurs AFTER I wake the computer from sleep. I am able to...