Windows 10: BSOD's when playing games using Nvidia card

Discus and support BSOD's when playing games using Nvidia card in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'll try to give as much information as possible. Due to problems with BSOD's in win7 after I started playing World of Warships, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Docoda, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Docoda Win User

BSOD's when playing games using Nvidia card

Hello,

I'll try to give as much information as possible.
    Due to problems with BSOD's in win7 after I started playing World of Warships, I eventually ended up with my laptop not detecting my Nvidia GPU anymore.

I recently upgraded to win10 and my Nvidia GPU got detected again.

Some quick computer specs:

Alienware x17 R4
    Windows 10 Home-64bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs)12GB RAM
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 / Nvidia 675M
    Sound Blaster Recon 3Di

The Problem:

After I upgraded to Win10 I had the problem of getting BSOD's with multiple causes after playing games using my Nvidia GPU for up to 2 hours. I started updating drivers and changing power settings and eventually it stopped for at least a week.

Sadly, it started again. The BSOD's had multiple causes and names just like in this minidump file linked.

I tried everything, a couple of examples:

- Updating all drivers (Chipsets, wireless, ethernet, GPU)
    - Flashing BIOS to the last version possible available on the dell website
    - Playing while plugged in and on battery to check a difference there
    - Changing stuff in the Nvidia control panel
    - Changing stuff in advanced power options
    - Updating to all sorts of Nvidia driver version, using clean installs, only Driver + Physx, and using DDU in safe mode
    - Probably multiple other things...

The latest thing I did was going back to the specific Intel and Nvidia drivers Dell provide on their website. Also went back to the Sound driver Dell provided (and got the control panel back of it).

But, nothing helps. I've been thinking about a possible problem in my power supply... But I can't really find what the correct voltages should be. HWiNFO64 shows 12.6V on my battery, which looks a bit worrysome. But I'm not sure about the voltages of my GPU (I think I saw it avaraging around something of 0.9V or it was 9.x V or something).

I finally decided to ask for help. Just ask me to run a program to test stuff if needed.

So added are is the zipfile created by the website's program.

Thank you.

/

:)

Docoda, Dec 25, 2015

2. Win10 nvidia driver issue

Hello,

Recently upgraded to Win10, I face some nvidia graphic card driver issue.

Each time I use nvidia graphic card: playing game, or even just open nvidia experience, I got the BSOD

When using the latest driver 355.60, I got a "System thread exception not handled" BSOD.

When using the 353.62, I got a TDR BSOD.

I tried to uninstall both nvidia and intel hd graphic driver by using DDU and re-install them in safe mode many times. Still cannot resolve the issue.

I post this both in Microsoft community and Nvidia forum.

Any help?

PS: I'm using Geforce 765M, Haswell 4700 cpu

minidump in onedrive: http://1drv.ms/1JcN78W

InvinceWang, Dec 25, 2015
  3. adhi96 Win User
    Bluescreen System Thread Exception Not Handled(nvlddmkm.sys)

the bluescreen only appeared when i was using nvidia card to play some games, so when i wasn't using nvidia card it doesn't appeared

when in safe mode w/ networking the nvidia driver doesn't load so it's useless

adhi96, Dec 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Remove the bypasses and related software on your system before proceeding
    Forum rules

5. Docoda Win User
    Hello!

Thank you for your reply, so far I've uninstalled one big collection of programs I know was pirated. Could you tell me in a PM what should be deleted so I know I've got everything out, thank you!

Docoda, Dec 25, 2015
  6. Docoda Win User
    Hey!

Here's the new zip file with the same minidumps in.

Thank you!

/

Docoda, Dec 25, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    Hi Docoda,

I would suggest to cleanup your hosts file, it may give the appearance you are using pirated software.

Are you using all your GPU's?

This is what I found at Dell, best suggestion would be to revert back/install Windows 7
    Attachment 55448
    Because your laptop hasn't been tested for Windows 10 the problems you are experiencing may become only worse then in Windows 7.

8. Docoda Win User

Hello!

I've remade the hosts file. It was indeed pointing to a lot of the pirated stuff.

I'm using my build-in intel for normal non-heavy programs and the Nvidia GPU is used for games.

I know Dell doesn't support Win10 on my laptop, but I remember these same problems occuring in Win7 before my Nvidia got undetected after uninstalling its drivers. I really want to try to fix it in Win10 because I took a liking to it.

If you think it's a hopeless case, then so be it, if you still got some ideas, I would really like to hear them. Thank you!

Docoda, Dec 25, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Do not switch between GPU's, the switching feature isn't well implemented and causes problems.

Further this is something may be worth to try.
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your manufacturer. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Attachment 55457

10. Docoda Win User
    I've seen multiple people say before to make the Nvidia GPU the primary one in BIOS. Sadly, it seems that my BIOS doesn't allow that. There is no option for that at all.

The Optimus technology indeed seems to have its problems. I have no clue if it's even possible to not use the Intel GPU. I can change everything to using the Nvidia GPU in the Nvidia control panel but I'm not sure if that really does anything, the Intel GPU will still be in use.

I've done that GGU thing before and went to the last driver available for my laptop on the DELL website, only installing the Graphic and Physx driver. I do remember not installing the driver again in safe mode. So I'll do the process again with driver install in safe mode. I'll play a game again after and post a minidump file if I get a BSOD again.

Docoda, Dec 25, 2015
  11. axe0 New Member
    With laptops the BIOS options are very limited, you can't say such things in the BIOS no.

You could try to disable the GPU, if I would do that I would get problems but I don't know if others have the same.

12. Docoda Win User
    And it crashed after playing for more than an hour.

Minidump added.

Docoda, Dec 25, 2015
  13. axe0 New Member

Analysing is useless anymore, your system is not compatible with Windows 10.
    Cause is Nvidia drivers due to incompatibility with Windows 10.

If the problem also occured in Windows 7 then I would run Hardware Diagnostics to find out if any hardware is causing problems.
    If Diagnostics Tests is present in the boot options, I would run Diagnostics Tests from the boot options as extensive as possible as it is another way to determine hardware errors.

Thema:

1. BSOD's when playing games using Nvidia card - Similar Threads - BSOD's playing games

2. BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing game: I only have issues when trying to play games. Below is my whocrash report. I've made sure everything is plugged in and sitted correctly RAM/GPU and still getting a BSOD. I've reinstalled windows 11 to see if something was corrupt to no avail. Any help would be great.Link to...
  3. NVidia Card BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVidia Card BSOD: I've noticed I'm getting Random BSOD restarts. Searching the memory dump file it's again related to the nvlddmkm.sys but the posts are all over a year old and referencing the 20H2 build.I have uninstalled the Intel on chip video card and deleted the NVidia. Installed the...
  4. NVidia Card BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVidia Card BSOD: I've noticed I'm getting Random BSOD restarts. Searching the memory dump file it's again related to the nvlddmkm.sys but the posts are all over a year old and referencing the 20H2 build.I have uninstalled the Intel on chip video card and deleted the NVidia. Installed the...
  5. NVidia Card BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD When playing game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When playing game: Recently I got BSOD several times while playing games, and here is the DMP text: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck...
  7. Got BSOD (TDR Failure nvlddmkm.sys) when using Nvidia graphic card for gaming

Got BSOD (TDR Failure nvlddmkm.sys) when using Nvidia graphic card for gaming: Hi. I often got BSOD (TDR Failure nvlddmkm.sys) when playing game. I playing PES19 and Bluestack. I got BSOD after about a minute when opening PES19 and several times when using Bluestack. I already sent my laptop for fan cleaning and they also check if i got graphic card...
  8. BSOD When Playing Game

BSOD When Playing Game: Hi Everyone I have been having BSOD problems when i play game that used alot of graphic such as Dota 2 , Overwatch etc. The BSOD that i getting is Internal_Video_Scheduler_Error , Video_Tdr_Error and sometimes the graphic driver has been stopped and successfully recovered...
  9. BSOD when playing games

BSOD when playing games: Hi, I keep having the blue screen when I'm gaming and its says something like etd.sys or whatever it is. Hope that I can get some help from here. 91885
  10. BSOD's when playing game and using computer normally.

BSOD's when playing game and using computer normally.: I was asked to open a new thread so thats what I did. In my old thread I was getting BSOD"s every few days, the problem seemed to dissapear 2 months ago, but this month my computer is acting up all again. Attachment 62383 39697