Windows 10: BSODs when using Pot Player & Black Screens when gaming

Discus and support BSODs when using Pot Player & Black Screens when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I recently built a computer and am having a few issues. The most recent problems (BSODs - MEMORY_MODULE, IRQL) came while watching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by freetacos, Dec 13, 2015.

1. freetacos Win User

BSODs when using Pot Player & Black Screens when gaming

Hi everyone,

I recently built a computer and am having a few issues. The most recent problems (BSODs - MEMORY_MODULE, IRQL) came while watching videos through Pot Player, which I had just installed.

While not a BSOD, my computer monitor has gone black a number of times while playing even low-intensity games. The computer itself stays on, but my only choice is to reboot. I have monitored temperatures of both the CPU and GPU, and they both stay fairly low (CPU- 35-40C, GPU 45C). I am not OCing. For reference, my outputs are HDMI to monitor, DisplayPort to A/V Receiver, and optical to receiver.

I believe I have the latest BIOS firmware, graphics drivers, etc. I ran 2 passes of memtest without error. I'm worried that there might be a hardware issue, but I don't know where to start.

I can't add a 2nd system spec to my profile, so here are the particulars for this computer:

AMD FX-8350
    Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212
    MSI 970 Gaming MB
    Power Cooler R9 380 4GB
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    2x External 2TB WD MyBook HDs
    Crucial MX100 SSD 500GB
    Corsair CX600
    Rosewill Stryker M Case

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Attachment 53589

:)

freetacos, Dec 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 BSOD help

Update:

It BSOD again. Same thing as before, Im playing Path of Exile, then alt tab to chrome. when i alt tab back to the game the screen freezes in a black window. Then i ctrl alt del to kill the game process, and BSOD.

minidump: 122715-5796-01.dmp

Fernando_847, Dec 13, 2015
  3. I can't go to my home screen On my Xbox one

When I turn the game on I will see the green screen saying Xbox goes black for a few n straight to the game if I take the game out it's just a black screen

Moved from Health & Band

deontadaniels, Dec 13, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

BSODs when using Pot Player & Black Screens when gaming [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Please update your network drivers
    Driver Reference Table - athwnx.sys
    Code: ffffd000`287eb418 fffff800`46632426Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athwnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athwnx.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athwnx.sys athwnx+0x182426 0: kd> lmvm athwnx start end module name fffff800`464b0000 fffff800`468d0000 athwnx T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: athwnx.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athwnx.sys Image name: athwnx.sys Timestamp: Mon Apr 27 04:56:55 2015 (553DA577) CheckSum: 0040C98A ImageSize: 00420000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

1. BSODs when using Pot Player & Black Screens when gaming - Similar Threads - BSODs using Pot

2. Black Screen when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when gaming: Whenever I am playing a full screen game my screen will flash black and take me to desktop, It happened to me twice today on overwatch does anyone know how to fix this? my computer has HDR so usually when I open a game it will flash black and I assume its to go into HDR. but...
  3. Black Screen when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen when gaming: Whenever I am playing a full screen game my screen will flash black and take me to desktop, It happened to me twice today on overwatch does anyone know how to fix this? my computer has HDR so usually when I open a game it will flash black and I assume its to go into HDR. but...
  4. Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games: I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?My specs:i5 3570kGTX 1050 2gb12gb ram...
  5. Black Screen when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen when gaming: Hello wonderful Windows community, I come to you after many attempts and failures of trying to fix this issue which has caused me a great deal of pain in the rear.My pc runs just fine under heavy load, but certain games makes my screen go black and turns the pc irresponsive,...
  6. Black Screen when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen when gaming: Hello wonderful Windows community, I come to you after many attempts and failures of trying to fix this issue which has caused me a great deal of pain in the rear.My pc runs just fine under heavy load, but certain games makes my screen go black and turns the pc irresponsive,...
  7. Black Screen when gaming

8. Pot Player

Pot Player: I have tried various media players..eg VLC,Blaze media players etc but i found most of them don't play all media formats and either convert it or download another player..anyway downloaded Pot Player ,which i never heard of, and found it amazing in what it can do. Downloaded...
  9. Pot player

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pot player: Apparently with new update of Pot Player,it has stopped playing hevc/h265 videos which were previously fine on Older version,can someone tell other alternative? submitted by /u/__RSoul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg8ep3/pot_player/
  10. Screen Tearing in Daum Pot Player

Screen Tearing in Daum Pot Player: I'm using this player for years and really like it, but lately I'm experiencing screen tearing problem when playing videos. Any help will be appreciated. 83776

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod after installing potplayer