Windows 10: BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?)

Discus and support BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody! I have a Dell Vostro 15 3568 laptop with Windows 10 Pro (v. 10.0.17134). Sometimes I go away from the keyboard for long periods of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jlumiere, Sep 1, 2018.

1. jlumiere Win User

BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?)

Hello everybody!

I have a Dell Vostro 15 3568 laptop with Windows 10 Pro (v. 10.0.17134). Sometimes I go away from the keyboard for long periods of time, and the computer is automatically put in a sleep/hibernate state (I don’t actually know if it’s a “sleep” or a “hibernate” state). Almost every time the computer wakes up from this state, a BSOD shows up and the computer has to be rebooted.
    The BSODs frequently concerns qcamain10x64.sys, which refers to Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4/QCA9377 Network Adapter. I tried to update it to the latest available version (12.0.0.709), using the Dell Driver Update tool) -- to no avail; I also tried to downgrade it to an older version (12.0.0.307), but BSODs still happen.
    Like the attached dump shows, the BSODs sometime refer to other error messages; still, they always happen when the computer wakes up from sleep/hibernation.
    What could I do? Do you have any advice?

Thank you for reading this! Let me know if I can provide you with more or different information.

:)

jlumiere, Sep 1, 2018

2. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Hibernate After Sleep

I am using Windows 10 and it keeps hibernating sometime after going to sleep. It does not wake to hibernate long enough to create an event. If I put it in sleep and then try to wake it a few moments later, it will try to wake, but hibernated instead. It
    wouldn't be bad, but it takes about 4x as long to wake from hibernation than it does to start from off.

I have:

• tried to change the update orchestrater reboot to not wake the computer, but it gives an error message after entering a password for an administrator account.
    • looked for AdaptiveSleepService, but it does not exist on my computer. It is neither in a folder nor listed in services.
    • made sure the Hibernate After setting is set to Never.
    • made sure everything is up-to-date.
    • an unknown network controller that needs a driver. Hardware ID PCI\VEN_1AE9&DEV_0310&SUBSYS_00001AE9&REV_02. The ID states that it is for a wireless controller. Though, I already have the wireless controller driver installed and it is working perfectly.
    • Asus Aura Sync that does not always maintain settings or restart after starting the computer from the above issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.
    • set Allow Hybrid Sleep to off.

TytusStrube, Sep 1, 2018
  4. BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?)

Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD when waking from sleep/hibernate [Solved]

Hi,

The colored display error that you encountered when your device wakes up from a sleep/hibernate mode can be caused by an incorrect or out-dated driver. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Can you tell us more about the recent changes that you've performed on your device?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?)

1. BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?) - Similar Threads - BSODs waking sleep

2. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  3. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  4. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  5. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  6. Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when waking up from sleep or hibernate: I often but not always get a BSOD when my Dell laptop wakes up from sleeping or hibernation. One of the codes is "unexpected store exception," but sometimes I get other codes. I saw a recommendation was to try to roll back my graphics driver, but when I went to the device...
  7. BSOD/Slow wake when waking from sleep/hibernation

BSOD/Slow wake when waking from sleep/hibernation: So for the past few weeks I have been experiencing issues with waking up from either hibernation or sleep mode. Whenever I prompt the laptop to wake up (either WOL, using a usb device, power button) the display either hangs and takes a solid 2 minutes to display the log on...
  8. BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate

BSOD waking from sleep or hibernate: Hello! I have BSODs after waking my computer up. Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8.1. Waking from hibernate generates Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. Waking from sleep generates mostly IRQ NOT EQUAL. Could you please help? Thanks! 41620
  9. Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation won't wake up after longer sleeps: Hey everyone! First of all I'm glad to see TenForums is around, SevenForums way back when saved me more than a few times and was consistently a quality board *Smile So I configured my PC and network to support Wake on LAN, and after a long time trying to get it to work...
  10. Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Hibernation wake-up issue: Greetings, Using HP desktop with Windows 10. Latest Fall Creator Update installed. After the latest update my machine wouldn't wake up after sleep mode. The screen is blank although I can hear "rumbling" in the background as if the hard drive were indeed on but I see...