Windows 10: BSODs while gaming (+1 year)

Discus and support BSODs while gaming (+1 year) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, This is my first post on these forums as I am growing impatiently with my build. As you can read in the title I get various BSODs while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Keef Beef, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Keef Beef Win User

BSODs while gaming (+1 year)

Hi guys,

This is my first post on these forums as I am growing impatiently with my build. As you can read in the title I get various BSODs while gaming, including:
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH,
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,
    BAD_POOL_HEADER
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I have had those bsods referring to different drivers such as:
    dxgmms2.sys
    tcpip.sys

But most of the time no driver is mentioned when I receive the bsod.

What I tried doing:
    -Bought new 8gb ram (to replace two 8gb which gave errors when running memtest86)
    -Installed windows 10 again
    -Updating all drivers (including bios but could be that I am missing something)
    -I ran prime but I dont think it was able to finish
    (-probably lots more... )

These bsods started happening from one day to another and I don't really have an idea anymore on where to look. I tried everything I could find while searching through various forum posts but can't pinpoint the problem.

Could you please help me?

I have included two dmp files. If you need more of those (or anything else) be free to ask

Thanks a ton

Keef

:)

Keef Beef, Sep 3, 2018

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 3, 2018
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Sep 3, 2018
  4. BSODs while gaming (+1 year)

win 10 blocking installed seirra card games I have been happily playing for years

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with playing games on Windows 10.

• Do let us know what exactly happens when you try to play the card games?

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to Uninstall/Re-install the Graphic Card Driver
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard and click on Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall (for example, the graphics card would be listed under Display Adapters).

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.

Later, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website:
    http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the Microsoft Solitaire Games and check.

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

• Select All apps, and then find your game in the list.

• Press and hold the game tile, and then select
      Uninstall. Alternatively, you can right-click the game tile and then select
      Uninstall.

• Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

• To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

BSODs while gaming (+1 year)

1. BSODs while gaming (+1 year) - Similar Threads - BSODs while gaming

2. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming: I recently upgraded my pc and got a nice graphics card. Finally i'm able to play pc games and i am really loving it so far. I got no major issues in most games i tried so far but with the skate 4 beta and fifa 23 i ALWAYS get BOSD and dont really know what to do. I've deleted...
  3. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while gaming: Hi, my system crashed while I was gaming. Not exactly sure what caused it, but it seems to have something to do with the PFN list? Here's the info: SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiDereferenceControlAreaPfnList+21MODULE_NAME: ntSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbIMAGE_NAME:...
  4. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I recently upgraded some components of my PC - namely the CPU/MOBO/RAM. Since then, I've been getting BSODs/black screen crashes while gaming, I can't see a pattern to what causes the crash but it only happens within games. I've recently returned the RAM I bought as I wasn't...
  5. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Hello there,Last year I purchased this PC which started having BSOD errors while gaming for a while, though historically they were more infrequent about 3-5 a week, which started within a month of having the machine. I've updated the drivers, tested the RAM using Windows...
  6. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while gaming: Recently after updating windows 10for about 2 updates now I started running into a lot of blue screen while gaming. I need help with interpreting the minidumps created in order to figure out what causes the BSODs.So far I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my GPU...
  7. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I recently performed a fresh install of Windows 10 not an upgrade. I rarely had this issue with windows 7 on the same PC. I can stream videos and movies with no issue. But any time I play any game I get a BSOD. It starts with a system service exception, then goes into a loop...
  8. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I'm almost certain it has something to do with my hardware but I can't make heads or tails of the information in the dump files. I've recently reinstalled Windows, clean install, because of the BSOD's to no avail My computer is approx. 3 years old & I recently upgraded my...
  9. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Hello everybody, This is my first post on this forum and I hope someone can help me. I'm having several BSOD while gaming and sometimes even just scrolling windows and browsing pages. The strange thing is that the crash cause seems to be always different, as you can read in...
  10. BSOD while gaming.

BSOD while gaming.: Could someone help me out? 48558