Windows 10: BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling

Discus and support BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a few BSoD's while doing many different thing's such as reading forums and playing world of Warcraft. while searching the web for solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by allan2, Oct 31, 2016.

1. allan2 Win User

BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling

I had a few BSoD's while doing many different thing's such as reading forums and playing world of Warcraft.

while searching the web for solutions for the BSod's none of them seem to work they normally suggest scanning the computer for both virus's and malware. updating drivers, I have even tried things like using the driver verifier, memory diagnostics tool and the scf scannow command and nothing has been picked up. i have even tried reinstalling windows 10 but while keeping my personal files this did't work either.

I'm hoping that some one can have a look at the dump files i have attached to help me determine the source of the problem problem

:)

allan2, Oct 31, 2016

2. Crashing and Blue Screen while playing WoW.

Hi Jennifer,

There are different factors that we have to take into consideration on why you are having issues accessing your World of Warcraft game. This is usually a driver or hardware issue. Let's gather the following information so we can gain a better grasp of your
    case:

• Is this happening on a specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to avoid the same steps you've done before.
    • Are there any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps below which will help us in resolving your concern:

Step 1: Clean Boot.

It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and start up programs. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, an update, or when you run a program in Windows. Please see this
    link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Here's the link for the steps.

Step 3: File Signature Verification Tool

This tool help maintain the integrity of your Windows operating system by checking if there are any unsigned drivers in your operating system.

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type sigverif.exe and press Enter

3. Check if you see a list of unsigned drivers.

Step 4: Update Drivers on Windows 10.

• Select the Start button. Type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Crashing and Blue Screen while playing WoW.

I tried to find the log that went with the crash and I think this is it, but it is always crashing. If this isn't it, I'm pretty good at understanding where things are if you tell me. I just want to get down the to the bottom of what the problem is. I can
    say one thing, I have a 64 bit system, but programs are running in 32. Was this an install problem? Any help would be appreciated. And this keeps happening and I didn't know if it was from the fall issue... see, I've done a lot of reading, but I don't know
    what goes with what. so I'm trying to understand. Any and all help would be appreciated.

And sorry if this makes any of you coders laugh.... I'm obviously new at this.

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient

Date: 2/24/2018 12:49:57 PM

Event ID: 43

Task Category: Windows Update Agent

Level: Information

Keywords: Started,Installation

User: SYSTEM

Computer: Jen

Description:

Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.261.1596.0)

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient" Guid="{945A8954-C147-4ACD-923F-40C45405A658}" />

<EventID>43</EventID>

<Version>1</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>1</Task>

<Opcode>13</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000002008</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-02-24T18:49:57.847160300Z" />

<EventRecordID>14145</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="3340" ThreadID="6244" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Jen</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="updateTitle">Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.261.1596.0)</Data>

<Data Name="updateGuid">{D5DB9AF2-46A0-48A0-BFBF-3FC806C297CA}</Data>

<Data Name="updateRevisionNumber">200</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Log :

mmc.exe

KERNELBASE.dll

4414ec23

7a8

01d3ad9fbf0b578a

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

540af9a2-d205-4e60-9cc9-5ba299ee32fd

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting

Date: 2/24/2018 12:49:14 PM

Event ID: 1001

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: MY NAME

Description:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff802df01b7d4, 0xffff9d8371d48778, 0xffff9d8371d47fc0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: ea36f8ea-b099-48de-a0a4-9b906b56c3b8.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting" Guid="{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}" EventSourceName="BugCheck" />

<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-02-24T18:49:14.700427900Z" />

<EventRecordID>14142</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Jen</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff802df01b7d4, 0xffff9d8371d48778, 0xffff9d8371d47fc0)</Data>

<Data Name="param2">C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP</Data>

<Data Name="param3">ea36f8ea-b099-48de-a0a4-9b906b56c3b8</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

JenniferScheid, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Latest dump indicates a problem with aswMonFlt.sys, which belongs to your Avast anti-virus software.
    Code: BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff8033a4cd693} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswMonFlt.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswMonFlt.sys[/quote] Please uninstall it and run with the built-in Windows Defender for now and see if that resolves the problem. If it does, you can stay with Windows Defender, which is what I use, along with Malwarebytes amti-malware and anti-exploit or try the latest Avast or a different AV program.

Ztruker, Nov 1, 2016
  5. allan2 Win User
    thanks for that i'll try that hope it works.

could you tell me what error that was making as i got a 2 blue screens today both of with the same stopcode wjich was machine check exception.

if this was not the one that was caused by avast i'll happily get another attachment for you.

if necessary here is the attachment with the two dumps form today

allan2, Nov 1, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Uninstall Avast then see if you get any more BSODs. If yes, re-run DM_Log_collector and post the zip.

Ztruker, Nov 2, 2016
  7. allan2 Win User
    after uninstalling avast i got 2 more blue screens tonight attaching the log files now

because of the times its the 2 dated 02/11/16 and 03/11/16

allan2, Nov 2, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

The 11/3 dump shows a problem with nvlddmkm.sys
    Code: BugCheck 19, {20, ffff940e4adeb450, ffff940e4adeb4f0, 40a001b} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+82f26 )[/quote] Remove and install latest Nvidia drivers:
    I suggest completely uninstalling the Nvidia display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from WagnardMobile (near bottom of page) then get the latest driver for you Nvidia card here: NVIDIA Driver Downloads Then do a custom install of only the NVidia graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

You have 375.63 while there is a 375.70 available.
    See if that gets rid of the problem.

Ztruker, Nov 2, 2016
  9. allan2 Win User
    ok ill do that what about the 11/2 dump as its the same stop code as the other 3 dumps there?

allan2, Nov 2, 2016
  10. allan2 Win User
    ok this is really frustrating 2nd time tonight i've had this machine_check_exception im praying that it isn't speeding up. i mean the amount of times i get this error per day

allan2, Nov 3, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Both of the latest dumps indicate a hardware failure, Machine Check Exception, as does the 11/2 and one of the 11/1 dumps.
    Code: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c) A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred. KeBugCheckEx parameters; x86 Processors If the processor has ONLY MCE feature available (For example Intel Pentium), the parameters are: 1 - Low 32 bits of P5_MC_TYPE MSR 2 - Address of MCA_EXCEPTION structure 3 - High 32 bits of P5_MC_ADDR MSR 4 - Low 32 bits of P5_MC_ADDR MSR If the processor also has MCA feature available (For example Intel Pentium Pro), the parameters are: 1 - Bank number 2 - Address of MCA_EXCEPTION structure 3 - High 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error 4 - Low 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error IA64 Processors 1 - Bugcheck Type 1 - MCA_ASSERT 2 - MCA_GET_STATEINFO SAL returned an error for SAL_GET_STATEINFO while processing MCA. 3 - MCA_CLEAR_STATEINFO SAL returned an error for SAL_CLEAR_STATEINFO while processing MCA. 4 - MCA_FATAL FW reported a fatal MCA. 5 - MCA_NONFATAL SAL reported a recoverable MCA and we don't support currently support recovery or SAL generated an MCA and then couldn't produce an error record. 0xB - INIT_ASSERT 0xC - INIT_GET_STATEINFO SAL returned an error for SAL_GET_STATEINFO while processing INIT event. 0xD - INIT_CLEAR_STATEINFO SAL returned an error for SAL_CLEAR_STATEINFO while processing INIT event. 0xE - INIT_FATAL Not used. 2 - Address of log 3 - Size of log 4 - Error code in the case of x_GET_STATEINFO or x_CLEAR_STATEINFO AMD64 Processors 1 - Bank number 2 - Address of MCA_EXCEPTION structure 3 - High 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error 4 - Low 32 bits of MCi_STATUS MSR for the MCA bank that had the error Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000 Arg2: fffff8037115cba0 Arg3: 0000000000000000 Arg4: 0000000000000000[/quote] I can't find much info on it. just this so far: Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Windows 10 hardware dev
    This may or may not be a CPU problem. Try running PRIME95 to stress the CPU, see if that forces a failure. ==================================================
    Follow this tutorial to stress test your CPU:
    Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums
    If that doesn't show us anything try enabling Driver Verifier: ===================================================
    Driver Verifier
    is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's verification process involves putting heavy stress on drivers with the intention of making bad, outdated, incompatible or misbehaving drivers fail. The required result is a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which will generate a crash dump for debugging purposes.
    Machines exposed to Driver Verifier will run very sluggishly due to the stress being applied to the drivers.
    Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10
    Pay close attention to

BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling [​IMG]
    PART TWO
    BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling [​IMG]

and make sure the correct boxes are checked.
    Warning: It is not advised to run Driver Verifier for more than 48 hours at a time. Disable Driver Verifier after 48 hours or after receiving a BSOD, whichever happens soonest.
    Always create a Restore Point prior to enabling Driver Verifier.
    What we're looking for is a BSOD with a mini dump that will tell us what driver caused it.

Ztruker, Nov 3, 2016
  12. allan2 Win User
    i tryed running prime last night i didnt get a blue screen but one of the cores of my cpu failed in the first minuet and the motherboard temp was to high it was running at about 84-89c dipping at periods to 75 where it should be for a second then going back up currently have the verifier running in the background. will update once the verifier is done

allan2, Nov 4, 2016
  13. Ztruker Win User

but one of the cores of my cpu failed in the first minuet

Not a good sign. Sounds like you may need to replace the CPU to resolve this.

How are temps and voltages normally? Monitor them using Speedfan, CPUZ or similar.

Ztruker, Nov 4, 2016
  14. allan2 Win User
    after having the verifer run for over 30 hours i got a bluescreen, i thought it was ment to tell me on the screen the name of the driver thats causing the problem, but it didnt uploading the dump file

Speedfan also gives this "WARNING: bad Winbond($5CA3,$C1) identify (NCT6793D,W83677HG-I)NCT6793D (ID=$C1) found (using SuperIO) on ISA at $290"

CPU temp hovers around 35C voltages i'm not sure where to get them from speedfan.

One other thing while doing the stress test on my CPU with prime95 my motherboard temperature was at around 89C at idle like now its around 28C

since i got the blue screen while running the verifier i have had 2 additional blue screens with different error codes to the usual machine check exception, they were krenal security check failure and clock watchdog timeout im attaching the log collector for those 2 BSoD's

allan2, Nov 5, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    I don't see anything useful in any of the 3 dumps.

Any chance the CPU is still under warranty? If yes, maybe you can RMA it?

Ztruker, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

1. BSoD's while playing WoW and forum trawling - Similar Threads - BSoD's while playing

2. BSOD when playing WoW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing WoW: While playing World of Warcraft on my ASUS TUF A15 Gaming laptop, the game will lock up for a moment and then suddenly flip to the BSOD and restart. Sometimes it happens right away while playing, other times it will happen after an hour into my playing. Sometimes it will...
  3. BSOD when playing WoW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when playing WoW: While playing World of Warcraft on my ASUS TUF A15 Gaming laptop, the game will lock up for a moment and then suddenly flip to the BSOD and restart. Sometimes it happens right away while playing, other times it will happen after an hour into my playing. Sometimes it will...
  4. STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION only while playing WoW

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION only while playing WoW: Greetings everyone, Can someone help me out please? I'm getting this error only while playing World of Warcraft and its random. Can't figure out what is causing it. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool as suggested by microsoft but it found no errors. Where do I go...
  5. Random BSODS while playing wow these past 5 days

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random BSODS while playing wow these past 5 days: Did an update happen or something?I've had no issues for 4+ months playing warhammer totalwar/blackdesert and others game but since 3-4 days ago I've gotten like 3 BSODS on wow. The wierd thing is they dont happen immediatly but hours later. Temps are fine.Clean...
  6. Random freeze while playing wow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freeze while playing wow.: Game went Brrrrr while playing and had to restart.Have been playing wow for 7 days before this issue happened. Wierd thing is I've had the same issue happen to me on another game 4 months ago and I've been playing every day till then without issues but it happend today again...
  7. BSOD errors while playing wow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD errors while playing wow.: I keep getting BSOD errors while playing World of Warcraft. It just started recently, and it seems like its a different error each time. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-errors-while-playing-wow/6b56f828-d5b1-4275-b505-e2ed419f9cd6
  8. BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video

BSOD while playing WOW or watching streaming video: I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and everything has been really smooth, except recently I've started getting increasingly frequent BSOD crashes. It usually gives me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, but sometimes I get other ones. It was fairly infrequent, but last night it...
  9. BSOD While playing WOW or any other 3d game

BSOD While playing WOW or any other 3d game: BSOD While playing WOW or any other 3d game with settings on high, if I lower setting it still crashes but takes longer to crash. New install of Win10, BSOD usualy 10-15 mins into playing WOW or any 3d game Reinstalled windows , ran memtest, updated drivers , its...
  10. BSOD Playing WOW, IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL error

BSOD Playing WOW, IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL error: I've updated some sound drivers which I thought might have been the issue. Uninstalled a few things. But it keeps happening. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you in advance. -Lyth 56184