Windows 10: BSODs without a clear pattern (whea_uncorrectable_error)

Discus and support BSODs without a clear pattern (whea_uncorrectable_error) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has been getting BSODs for a long time. I had W7 before W10 and the BSODs were kinda the same. I say kinda because there weren't many patterns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by st0rmetom, Sep 27, 2015.

1. st0rmetom Win User

BSODs without a clear pattern (whea_uncorrectable_error)

My PC has been getting BSODs for a long time. I had W7 before W10 and the BSODs were kinda the same. I say kinda because there weren't many patterns really. I got BSODs frequently with League of Legends. I could get multiple during one game and sometimes I could play 5-10 without any. I stopped playing LoL because of this.

With Battlefield 3 however, I get BSODs after only a couple minutes of playing. The other blue screens I get are just random. Like when browsing the internet. I can play many games without any BSODs, just not all of them.

My OS is on my C drive, which is a 64gb Crucial M4 SSD. I have a secondary drive which is a 500gb HDD. My OS plus a couple of applications are on my SSD, the rest is on the HDD. I once tried moving League of Legends to my SSD to see if it solved anything, but it didn't.

The error message I get is: whea_uncorrectable_error

The DM Log collector gets stuck on 'generating msinfo report' so I have manually included my dmp files and my DxDiag. If you need more info, just ask me.

:)

st0rmetom, Sep 27, 2015

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Getting a blue screen of randomly after it's been on for a while but I can start up just fine in safe mode with no crashes.

No overclocks as far as I know, and the PC is relatively new (only 2 months old)

Any idea what could be causing this?

Dump files here:

Dropbox - 032918-5812-01.dmp

Conan Dufour, Sep 27, 2015
  3. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

These are called BCC124 and are related to hardware. Read how to diagnose and hopefully to fix them in this
    wiki

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 27, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi st0rmetom,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please reboot your system and try the tool again.

5. st0rmetom Win User
    The DM Log collector gets stuck on 'generating msinfo report' (6 minutes)

st0rmetom, Sep 27, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. axe0 New Member
    I do not know enough from your system to provide a full analyse, but you can find below what I found and suggestions.

The errors are 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (Windows Hardware Error Architecture)
    This means that there are problems with your hardware, but this error is mostly caused by overclocking or faulty drivers.

The cause is a level 1 cache error reported by the CPU.
    Code: 6: kd> !errrec ffffe000abb40028 =============================================================================== Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe000abb40028 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Record Id : 01d0fa0b632083bb Severity : Fatal (1) Length : 928 Creator : Microsoft Notify Type : Machine Check Exception Timestamp : 9/28/2015 19:00:06 (UTC) Flags : 0x00000000 =============================================================================== Section 0 : Processor Generic ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe000abb400a8 Section @ ffffe000abb40180 Offset : 344 Length : 192 Flags : 0x00000001 Primary Severity : Fatal Proc. Type : x86/x64 Instr. Set : x64 Error Type : Cache error Operation : Data Read Flags : 0x00 Level : 1 CPU Version : 0x0000000000600f12 Processor ID : 0x0000000000000006 =============================================================================== Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe000abb400f0 Section @ ffffe000abb40240 Offset : 536 Length : 128 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000006 CPU Id : 12 0f 60 00 00 08 08 06 - 0b 22 98 1e ff fb 8b 17 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Proc. Info 0 @ ffffe000abb40240 =============================================================================== Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Descriptor @ ffffe000abb40138 Section @ ffffe000abb402c0 Offset : 664 Length : 264 Flags : 0x00000000 Severity : Fatal Error : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 6 Bank 0) Status : 0xbe80003000000135 Address : 0x000000013a061930 Misc. : 0x0000000000000000[/quote] If you are overclocking anything, revert back to stock and test the system.

Please run Prime95 and note the temperature under load.

BSODs without a clear pattern (whea_uncorrectable_error) [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Note If you're overclocking anything, please stop it and set everything back to default while troubleshooting

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

8. axe0 New Member

Please wait until it is finished
    The msinfo file has a lot of stuff.

9. st0rmetom Win User
    Sorry for my impatience.

My PC has never been overclocked. I will now test the temperature under load.

st0rmetom, Sep 27, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    It is not a problem, you probably didn't know that the msinfo file has a lot of parts.

11. st0rmetom Win User
    28 minutes and the wait is over! I have attached the zip file with extra info.

Prime95 passed succesfully. I uploaded a picture of the temperatures during 100% load and during not so much load. The screenshot I took was while Prime95 did its torture test.

Speccy said my motherboard cooked up to 58 degrees.

st0rmetom, Sep 27, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    To complete my analyse for now:

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
    These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble.

Please do the following:

• Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation", please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

13. st0rmetom Win User

Here is the link to the CBS file: MEGA

st0rmetom, Sep 27, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please try sfc, reboot, sfc a few times.

15. st0rmetom Win User
    I have done 5 reboots and sfc>scannow's. It said it found corrupt files but it couldn't repair them or something similar. Should I try more reboots + scf>scannow's?

st0rmetom, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

1. BSODs without a clear pattern (whea_uncorrectable_error) - Similar Threads - BSODs without clear

2. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I keep on getting the BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTBALE_ERROR every 10 minutes when I use my computer. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-wheauncorrectableerror/62838a4e-9b2a-43be-a385-a39ac2c4a3e7
  3. bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have spent a month trying out multiple things to fix this error, yet none of it has worked, from using Windows Memory Diagnostic to resetting my pc. I have some of the errors that happened recently here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AozCYWxP6q71jSflW-syxiVQUW_0?e=ZMUnCX and some...
  4. Bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bsod WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I have spent a month trying out multiple things to fix this error, yet none of it has worked, from using Windows Memory Diagnostic to resetting my pc. I have some of the errors that happened recently here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AozCYWxP6q71jSflW-syxiVQUW_0?e=ZMUnCX and some...
  5. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: As the title indicates I've been getting non-stop BSOD for months now and finally had the patience to do smthing about it but cant seem to fix it. I have done almost everything I can, I've done memtest86 but RAMS are not at fault, I tried different GPU but still get it, I...
  6. Bsod whea_uncorrectable_error

Bsod whea_uncorrectable_error: Hello there! I need a bit help. This issue have bogging me for like a real period of time. I have try to fix it my self. But i cant solve it. Its getting frustrating now. BSOD appiers randomly like really randomly. If im doing something on computer or if im away from it and...
  7. Bsod: Whea_uncorrectable_error

Bsod: Whea_uncorrectable_error: For the past month, I have been trying to diagonose the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD. The issue started occurring after I upgraded to Windows 10 build 1151. I had updates disabled for a while, and I believe that it is some kind of chipset driver and hardware issue....
  8. BSOD - No Pattern Established

BSOD - No Pattern Established: Hello, They occur for numerous reasons: watching a video with VLC plugging in a flash drive browsing Thank you 60998
  9. Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error

Bsod - whea_uncorrectable_error: Hello everyone. As stated in the title I am experiencing BSOD with the message "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". The computer usually loads up to 100% and then restarts, but not always. Sometimes I will have to manually restart the computer. System Specs: i7-4790K Cooler...
  10. BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error

BSOD WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error: Hello everyone, I've recently purchased a new SSD and upon receiving it decided to do a complete wipe of my system including resetting BIOS back to default. I have two SSD's installed in my system, with the OS installed onto the old ssd. This error has been happening...