Windows 10: BSOD's worsen over time nwifi.sys, irq_less_or_eql, now just freezes

Discus and support BSOD's worsen over time nwifi.sys, irq_less_or_eql, now just freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My win10 laptop (Asus X540LA-SI30205P) in the original configuration has started having increasingly frequent freezes. It started gradually with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nlo, Apr 9, 2017.

1. NLO
    nlo Win User

BSOD's worsen over time nwifi.sys, irq_less_or_eql, now just freezes

My win10 laptop (Asus X540LA-SI30205P) in the original configuration has started having increasingly frequent freezes. It started gradually with occasional BSOD's with errors mostly related to nwifi.sys / irq_less_or_equal etc. Now computer just freezes several times a day (mostly without a BSOD) and I need to hard reboot.

Obviously I am suspicious of the wifi driver given the error above. I tried to update it but the latest driver is already installed according to win update. I uninstalled it and let windows reinstall it on its own, also with no improvement.

For a few hours now I connected the laptop to the internet via USB tethering and turned off wifi and I haven't had freezes which seems to confirm that the problem is the wifi card /driver.

Do the attached logs confirm this issue and how should I proceed?
    Attachment 129321

:)

2. nwifi.sys BSOD windows 10

Hello,

I have recently been experiencing a BSOD with the nwifi.sys failure and the stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have attached the minidump files as well at the end of this post.

Thanks for your time.

nwifi.sys.zip

RaccoonEyedNinja, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Graphics Driver Crash on Fullscreen after Windows 10 Update

It does seem like this problem is worsening. I am now having trouble using the computer for anything graphically intense without it freezing. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

NoahHammarlund, Apr 9, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I have you tried the drivers from here?

It would also be useful to run sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt to see if it reports any errors.

swarfega, Apr 9, 2017
  5. NLO
    nlo Win User
    1) "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

2) The Atheros AR956x driver on ASUS' site is an older version (10.0.0.324 from 2015) vs. 10.0.0.345 from 2016. Nevertheless I uninstalled the newer version and will give the old one a shot. I just need to prevent an automatic update BSOD's worsen over time nwifi.sys, irq_less_or_eql, now just freezes :p

Thank you for your help so far and I'll post an update as soon as I've got news.

6. swarfega Win User
    If you install a driver manually yourself, Windows Update wont try to install it's own.

swarfega, Apr 9, 2017
  7. NLO
    nlo Win User
    Took longer than expected (nearly 24 hours), for another freeze to occur *Tongue
    I reran the log collector tool again, not sure it is any different given that this was a freeze, not BSOD.

Waiting for additional suggestions *Smile

Attachment 129551

Thema:

1. BSOD's worsen over time nwifi.sys, irq_less_or_eql, now just freezes - Similar Threads - BSOD's worsen nwifi

2. Event ID 1001, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSoD, and progressively worsening issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 1001, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSoD, and progressively worsening issues: Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.2486CPU: Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5GHz 5.3GHz Turbo 8-Core 16-ThreadGPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GBMotherboard: Z590 MotherboardRAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 MHzSSD: 1TB M.2 NVMe SSDCPU Cooler: RGB AIO 240 CPU CoolerPSU: 750W 80 Plus GoldGreetings,I bought...
  3. Event ID 1001, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSoD, and progressively worsening issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 1001, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT BSoD, and progressively worsening issues: Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.2486CPU: Intel Core i9-11900K 3.5GHz 5.3GHz Turbo 8-Core 16-ThreadGPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GBMotherboard: Z590 MotherboardRAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 MHzSSD: 1TB M.2 NVMe SSDCPU Cooler: RGB AIO 240 CPU CoolerPSU: 750W 80 Plus GoldGreetings,I bought...
  4. Used to be MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD now there's no BSOD at all, just freeze and force restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used to be MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD now there's no BSOD at all, just freeze and force restart.: I need help. I have so far been unable to identify the issue here. I was getting frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs and now my PC is freezing and force restarting.I have run various scans, tests, and repairs. I have updated all my drivers. I have reimaged windows. I have fresh...
  5. Used to be MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD now there's no BSOD at all, just freeze and force restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Used to be MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD now there's no BSOD at all, just freeze and force restart.: I need help. I have so far been unable to identify the issue here. I was getting frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs and now my PC is freezing and force restarting.I have run various scans, tests, and repairs. I have updated all my drivers. I have reimaged windows. I have fresh...
  6. Used to be MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD now there's no BSOD at all, just freeze and force restart.

7. audio lag starts and worsens with time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio lag starts and worsens with time: Well.... not sure how to feel this time around.So as of lately, past week or so by now, I have been dealing with a audio issue I haven't dealt with before. It's quite interesting. The issue begins shortly after startup and login into my PC, I usually start music or a youtube...
  8. driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening

driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening: Unfortunately this is not a new problem that only started or got worse after installing something new. I bought a refurbished HP zBook 15 G2 with Win10Pro x64 in December 2018. I have done a clean install on it twice, last time in June 2020 using the MS media creator tool. I...
  9. BSOD's, random time, random codes, for over a year now. Dumps enclosed

BSOD's, random time, random codes, for over a year now. Dumps enclosed: Hello everyone, After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option. I purchased my PC over two years ago - assembled In Store. It was an Intel Core I7-5930K, H110GT cooling, 32GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4...
  10. BSOD @ random times, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, L1C63x64.sys

BSOD @ random times, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, L1C63x64.sys: It's not always L1C63x64.sys, it has also shown NETIO.SYS but only once. I have not seen consistency in activity during crashes, it's happened idling, downloading, playing a game. I've seen errors with this driver linked to the Atheros driver or a VPN (I have both a work...