Windows 10: BT headphone's tracking not working in Windows 10

Discus and support BT headphone's tracking not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just updated my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 today and noticed the tracking ability on a set of Hesh 2 wireless headphones stopped working. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ricecakies, Aug 10, 2018.

1. BT headphone's tracking not working in Windows 10

Hello,

I just updated my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10 today and noticed the tracking ability on a set of Hesh 2 wireless headphones stopped working. I can't pause, play, or skip music forward and backward from the headphone controls. It worked with Windows 8.1 before the update. I tried installing an older version of a Realtek driver, resetting services, and checking the properties for the device in question. Audio is working perfectly well and the volume controls are fine too. I'm not really sure where else to look for an answer.

It's such a minor issue, but I tend to walk away from my tablet often for periods of time and use the tracking made available. It's a great feature on a pair of wireless headphones. Anyone else have this issue or have found a successful solution?

:)

ricecakies, Aug 10, 2018

2. Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2018
  3. yahanna Win User
    Sound Distortion w/ BT Headphones When I Move BT Mouse -- Help

I got a BT dongle. When I listen to music through BT headphones and move my mouse at the same time I hear distortion. When I dont move my mouse theres no distortion.

I got Realtek installed and its drivers updated. Thare are 2 options in the MS sound panel for headphones. One for BT headphones stereo and an other for BT non-stereo headphones. I enabled the one for stereo because it sounds better. But I hear distortion with the BT mouse. When I switch to the BT non-stereo option theres no distortion when I move my mouse but sound quality is bad.

What do you suggest to hear BT stereo perfectly with no distortion when I move my mouse?

yahanna, Aug 10, 2018
  4. AndreyT Win User

BT headphone's tracking not working in Windows 10

Reconnect to an already paired BT device (e.g. headphones)

I have a Windows 10 laptop with Bluetooth and I have Sony BT headphones already paired to that laptop. I use the headphones with different BT source devices. They remember the last device they were connected to. Switching them to another BT source requires active action from the user. In case of Windows 10, I have to open Action Pane, click on the Connect shortcut (which opens a Connect pane), find my headphones in the list and ask Windows to connect to them.

Now, my question is: it there any way to do the same thing without having to go through Action pane? I.e. is there any way to open the Connect pane directly (a keyboard shortcut preferably)? Or maybe there's an old-style (Windows 7-style) window that would allow me to reconnect to a paired device?

AndreyT, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

BT headphone's tracking not working in Windows 10

1. BT headphone's tracking not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - headphone's tracking working

2. Hello! Question about BT headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello! Question about BT headphones: Hello! So I have 2 sets of bt headphones and they connect fine to my laptop and phone. I have Windows 10 on my PC and it shows up under Bluetooth devices and I'm able to connect. They just never ever show up under playback. I've tried absolutely everything and have scoured...
  3. Hello! Question about BT headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello! Question about BT headphones: Hello! So I have 2 sets of bt headphones and they connect fine to my laptop and phone. I have Windows 10 on my PC and it shows up under Bluetooth devices and I'm able to connect. They just never ever show up under playback. I've tried absolutely everything and have scoured...
  4. Hello! Question about BT headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BT headphones and windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BT headphones and windows 10 PC: Hello! So I have 2 sets of bt headphones and they connect fine to my laptop and phone. I have Windows 10 on my PC and it shows up under Bluetooth devices and I'm able to connect. They just never ever show up under playback. I've tried absolutely everything and have scoured...
  6. BT headphones and windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BT headphones and windows 10 PC: Hello! So I have 2 sets of bt headphones and they connect fine to my laptop and phone. I have Windows 10 on my PC and it shows up under Bluetooth devices and I'm able to connect. They just never ever show up under playback. I've tried absolutely everything and have scoured...
  7. BT headphones and windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. USB Bluetooth not showing mic in Windows for bt Headphones

USB Bluetooth not showing mic in Windows for bt Headphones: As the title says, USB bluetooth dongles aren't showing the microphone as a device for Wireless Headphones. I bought Tobo USB Bluetooth Adapter,5.0 Bluetooth Dongle: Amazon.in: Electronics this since my desktop/laptop both don't have an in built Bluetooth. I know my...
  9. BT Headphones sound output and mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BT Headphones sound output and mic: I have a problem with my Bluetooth headset. When connected to Bluetooth on WIN10, I get two audio devices one are headphones and others are hands free device. When I use headphones only they work fine, outputting audio normally but as soon as I turn on the microphone in...
  10. BT headphone no mic on win10pro

BT headphone no mic on win10pro: hello, I've tried to use BT headphone on windows10. But when speaker works mic stops. when mic works speaker stops. There is two options in my sounds settings stereo and handsfree. Stereo has no mic option. Handsfree has but bad sounds quality on speaker. I want to use mic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bt tracker Windows 10