Windows 10: Bug after 1511 update

Discus and support Bug after 1511 update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Ihave a dell inspiron 620s computer. AfterWindows 10 1511 big update, icons rearrange to left whenever computerwake up from sleep. It's a matter of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nahkar, Nov 28, 2015.

1. nahkar Win User

Bug after 1511 update

Ihave a dell inspiron 620s computer.
    AfterWindows 10 1511 big update, icons rearrange to left whenever computerwake up from sleep. It's a matter of driver? If it is, where can Ifind it? I scanned at Intel and it said that no driver needed.
    Graphiccard: AMD Radeon HD 6450

:)

nahkar, Nov 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Settings App Search Not working

I had that bug before the 1511 update, after applying the 1511 update settings were appearing again.

bmxjumperc, Nov 28, 2015
  3. RaymoL Win User
    Wifi disconnects frequently Windows 10

After the BIG self-install of the Windows 10 Version 1511 this problem persists. And after 4 smaller updates after 1511, it's still there. That update adds all kinds of slick new marketing add-ons (like the UPDATE notification nagging me to update my
    Office 2013 to Office 360---$$$$), but not this bug fix.

RaymoL, Nov 28, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Bug after 1511 update

Check the options selected when you right click empty area of the Desktop, under View.
    Auto Arrange icons, Align to grid are they checked ? Also the selection for Sort By, how you want them sorted, by Name, so on...
    As far as it being the Video card driver this is not what is causing this to happen.

Here is your driver for this card http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/gr...top/6000/6450#

jds63, Nov 30, 2015
  5. nahkar Win User
    Thank you for your reply.
    The solutiion for this problem comesfrom an unexpected side: I have two monitors (PC, TV) defined as“duplicate”. At some point the big update 1511 confused betweenthe monitors and cause this problem (I don't know how). When I define“only PC” instead “duplicate” the problem resolved.
    The idea to do so comes from an otherproblem I had: when I tried to install a clean installation: at somepoint the PC screen was black with mouse pointer in the middle. Theimages move to the TV. When I define “only PC” to resolve thisproblem it resolved the other too.
    Best regards

nahkar, Dec 1, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    My familiarity with 2 monitors or dual screens is limited, but was something you never first mentioned in the beginning. I would feel when doing a clean install only the essentials be hooked up, monitor, mouse and keyboard as all others can be configured afterwards. Also make sure to update other hardware drivers ( Display adapter, etc..) after this clean install as most will not be updated after this process.

jds63, Dec 1, 2015
  7. nahkar Win User
    OK - It was useful

nahkar, Dec 2, 2015
  8. bmschech Win User

Bug after 1511 update

I have a similar (I think) problem. After the upgrade yesterday (it took forever!) my system seemed to work fine. Then it mysteriously shut down. I tried to restart it, which took a few power cycles, but then it restarted in a kind of wobbly way (the little circle of circles animation was jumpy) and then the screen did some digital stuttering and the whole think died.

When I tried to reboot the monitor stayed dark. No signal, though the think beeped once as usual, and the hard drive light flickered. So I connected the monitor to the adaptor on the motherboard (I had been using an AMD Radeon 5700) and the thing booted up fine.

When it had booted I swapped the monitor cable b back to the Radeon and it worked perfectly. But when I tried to reboot, same thing.

The previous post leads me to think that the system switches to the on-board video adapter, leaving me with no monitor. My question is, how did the poster make sure that the computer used "only PC". That is, how can I make sure it boots to the right video adapter?

bmschech, Dec 2, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    Usually believe it would disable integrated card when a slot card is installed. I think maybe an issue with the Radeon Card. Upon boot system checks hardware this is when issue is occurring.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bug after 1511 update

1. Bug after 1511 update - Similar Threads - Bug 1511 update

2. Bug after Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bug after Update: Hello, There was an update I got for my Pc, Every thing was fine and updating fine and it also finish updating, but I realize that Windows Hello had got rested. I tried to enter my password to log in to my account but it keep saying "Offline mode, Connect to the internet."...
  3. IE11 and Chrome don't work after the 1511 update

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 and Chrome don't work after the 1511 update: I was doing reasonably well with Windows 10 after doing a clean installation. There have been some problems with third-party software, but that's not entirely unexpected. However, since the 1511 update, IE11 and Chrome don't work very well. Chrome is slow and won't load...
  4. 1511 10586 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1511 10586 update: Hi all, I have a Samsung Laptop which has Windows 7 Home edition on it. I have upgraded it to the Windows 10 Home and all is fine. Windows now informs me that an upgrade version 1511, 10586 is ready to update so I clicked check for udates and it says click to download,...
  5. Can't update to 1511

Can't update to 1511: I have an old Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop. 2.5 g of RAM. Intel DuoCore. Runs Win 10 without difficulty. Did all updates until 1511 and then won't update. Goes through the procedures and stops halfway through. Tried it many times. Ran SFC and it found no problems. Tried...
  6. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  7. Manual Update to 1511

Manual Update to 1511: My PC has so far still not downloaded the big November update. *cry Windows Update seems to be doing its stuff though, as it is still finding small updates to apply on a regular basis. One problem though - it regularly finds, and fails to install update KB3081704. This is the...
  8. Metro Apps after 1511

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metro Apps after 1511: Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho. i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many...
  9. No Wireless networks found after update to 1511

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Wireless networks found after update to 1511: I just updated my media center to version 1511 of windows 10. Via wifi, downloaded and installed ok i thought. But have found i cannot see any wireless networks. Normally about 7 up in my area. I've tried uninstalled the device and installing it again. I've tried checking...
  10. Problem after update to Windows 1511

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem after update to Windows 1511: After the update, Occasionally the window button that gets me to All Apps, Power, Settings and File explorer does not work. Neither does clicking on the Action Center Icon in the SYS Tray. To correct the problem I have to reboot. Any ideas on what's wrong? I can access all...