Windows 10: Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Discus and support Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Currently I have not been able to play any video game on my PC. It will start and maybe within 20 minutes it either stops working and I get a Window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bulldogace, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Currently I have not been able to play any video game on my PC. It will start and maybe within 20 minutes it either stops working and I get a Window "game.exe has stopped working" or get a dump crash with "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION". This happens with any video game I try to play on Steam or Uplay. I have the latest graphic card drive installed and have installed all current DirectX and .NET Framework. I have even gone as far as reinstalling Windows 10 and have not had any luck. Everything else runs great.

I have attached the DM log collector file.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

:)

Bulldogace, Jun 13, 2016

2. Machine_Check_Exception Error

Hello,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

Please contact the BIOS manufacturer’s website or check in the BIOS manual for any changes to be made.

Refer to the below link on Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Bug Check 0x9C MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 13, 2016
  3. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION Help please

How to fix machine_check_exception? Please help me.

------------------------------------------------

From bluescreenview:

071017-6015-01.dmp 2017-07-10 18:34:41 MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION
    0x0000009c 00000000`00000000 ffffd701`a43d9820
    00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 hal.dll
    hal.dll+39b9d x64 ntoskrnl.exe+16c3f0
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071017-6015-01.dmp 4 15
    15063 507 092 2017-07-10 18:36:42

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From WhoCrashed:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 2017-07-10 18:34:41 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071017-6015-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x39B9D)

Bugcheck code: 0x9C (0x0, 0xFFFFD701A43D9820, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newest minidump:

Dropbox - 070517-4312-01.dmp

DanielWallberg, Jun 13, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Hi Bulldogace,

Please follow below suggestions

• Update the BIOS to the most recent version 2203
    • P8Z77-M | Motherboards | ASUS Global
    • Check your SSD for firmware updates with Samsung Magician.
    • Reinstall the Nvidia drivers as per below instructions
    • Stress test all components per below instructions, the 0x9C can be seen as a 0x124 as both are hardware crashes but the 0x124 is the 'new' version

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial to do so *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 85015

The errors are 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (Windows Hardware Error Architecture)
    This means that there are problems with your hardware, but this error is also caused by overclocking, faulty drivers or BIOS problems.

Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION [​IMG]
    STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting
    Read carefully before proceeding.

*Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.
    Make a photo of the result and post it.

Thema:

Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

1. Bug Check 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION - Similar Threads - Bug Check 0x9C

2. Bug Check

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Check: Please help. I cannot determine the faulting driver or device.Dump.url https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bug-check/a0a104f9-43d1-4896-af03-c3e2e693047d
  3. Bug Check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug Check: Please help. I cannot determine the faulting driver or device.Dump.url https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bug-check/a0a104f9-43d1-4896-af03-c3e2e693047d
  4. Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps!

Repeatedly getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreen, need help checking dumps!: Hey, So for a few weeks I have been suffering from MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION bluescreens and have tried a multitude of fixes and troubleshooting. I have checked drives, verified windows files, I have checked my ram with memtest86, reinstalled windows from a couple of...
  5. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 9c A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred.

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 9c A fatal Machine Check Exception has occurred.: Hey there I am so anoyed about this Blue screen It all began when I updatede my 1809 to 1909 since that I have installed windoes 10 pro on a new ssd and I got the newest windows from Microsofts site :- this is what I have found out but dont understand. Oh yeah my hardware is...
  6. BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C

BSOD Machine_Check_Exception 0x9C: Hi there So it's the third time I post about this since other topics have been abandonned whitout answer nor resolution. Basicly, since I build this computer, I keep encountering a BSOD with the 0x9C code. Always the same parameters. Both happens randomly Also but I...
  7. Machine Check Exception Error

Machine Check Exception Error: HI Guys, Been having crashed while playing Dota 2 on my PC. Just random crashes out of the game, I'll still be able to reboot the game after the game crashes. However, the last crash i had was a BSOD with a machine check exception error. Was able to restart the pc and...
  8. BSOD Machine check exceptions.

BSOD Machine check exceptions.: My computer freezes randomly, often. In the beginning it was the blue screen that said that it needed to restart and then froze, with the text MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTIONS. And sometimes it's just freezing and i have to hold the powerbutton to power it off. Where do i start? I...
  9. BSOD Machine Check Exception

BSOD Machine Check Exception: I am getting a BSOD issue generally when playing games on my pc. The error code is usually Machine_Check_Exception and it comes up somewhat randomly after playing for a bit. Sometimes I can play for an hour with no issues sometimes it will come up after on few minutes of...
  10. Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c

Regular BSOD when using computer, MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION 0x9c: Since the 1st of this month, I've been getting Machine check exceptions randomly after booting from 3-4mins to up to 30-40mins after initial boot. This computer hasn't had any hardware changes for almost an entire year since I've built it nor has there been any BSOD until a...