Windows 10: Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed

Discus and support Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks sometimes you get when using IMAP missing mail on some accounts in the Inbox if you have several accounts in Outlook 2016/365. The mail can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jan 15, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed

Hi folks

sometimes you get when using IMAP missing mail on some accounts in the Inbox if you have several accounts in Outlook 2016/365. The mail can be seen in the Inbox on other devices say phones etc.

Bug doesn't appear I'm told on GMAIL but can when you use ISP mail servers - especially when you have more than one account with different mail servers / providers.

Single account users probably won't see the problem so only apply the fix if you encounter the bug.

The fix is easy enough.

simply in the change account go to more settings--> advanced and enter Inbox in the root folder

as shown here

Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed [​IMG]

Then it all works perfectly

Not sure whether to submit a bug report to Ms -- any MVP members here -- should I submit - I've details of Before and after screenshots.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 15, 2018

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

I have this issue as well. I am using Office 2010 Home and Business and Outlook 2010 is my mail client. This is a relatively new pc and has Office 365 (2016) installed as well. After a recent Windows Update, my default mail client changed to Outlook 2016
    -- one of my apps that sends mail stopped working, mail profile missing error). When I try to set my default mail client via the UI, only Outlook 2016 is showing; I can't select Outlook 2010.

I uninstalled Office 365 but Outlook 2010 still does not show up in the UI as a default program. Now I need to find out how to change this in the registry.

The OS is Windows 10 Home

ChuckBalogh, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Bill723 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App - Sync issues when set to "anytime" in account settings

OK, further update... Buying MS Office 365 and using Outlook 2016 solved my e-mail inbox issue. However, the calendar and contacts in Outlook won't sync with Google calendar and contacts. Argh... I thought Outlook 2016 was supposed to allow synchronization
    of mail, calendars, and contacts all in one place. I guess now I will need to use the Windows 10 calendar and contacts apps to keep my calendar and contacts synchronized across multiple devices. I wonder how that will work for meeting invites via e-mail.
    Outlook 2016 seems to work fine to keep my 6 mo inbox synchronized, but I found that I can't seem to see gmail "all mail" as a folder in Outlook 2016. I guess this is OK for me. I will just have to handle future gmail archive or search-all-mail actions using
    the web interface. Awkward, but probably workable.

Anyone have a better solution???

Bill723, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed

1. Bug Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP - missing mail in Inbox - Fixed - Similar Threads - Bug Outlook 2016

2. outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen: Heb onlangs een nieuwe laptop aangeschaft en Outlook 365 op geïnstalleerd. In tegenstelling tot de accountinstellingen op mijn desktop waar ik beschik over Pop-instellingen heb ik op mijn laptop Imap-instellingen. Hoe wijeig ik de instellingen op mij laptop naar...
  3. outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook 365 / Van Imap- naar Popinstellingen: Heb onlangs een nieuwe laptop aangeschaft en Outlook 365 op geïnstalleerd. In tegenstelling tot de accountinstellingen op mijn desktop waar ik beschik over Pop-instellingen heb ik op mijn laptop Imap-instellingen. Hoe wijeig ik de instellingen op mij laptop naar...
  4. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  5. OUTLOOK MAIL NOT 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    OUTLOOK MAIL NOT 365: 1 i receive some emails with NO CONTENT body is blank..i cannot fwd or reply to these empty emails. i must go back to my server to retrieve the info. 2 emails sent to people with a YAHOOHOTMAIL email addresses sometimes not "sent" . no problem with other email address....
  6. IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    IMAP Account Display Names in OUTLOOK 365: I recently changed a number of email accounts from POP3 to IMAP in OUTLOOK 365. In Email or Folder view on the left-hand side, the full email address for each account shows up as the display name. Is thee a way to change the display names for the accounts. For example,...
  7. Outlook 365 double populate in inbox

Outlook 365 double populate in inbox: 2 email accts with separate pst files. When I download new emails in Acct #1, they populate the inbox correctly but also populate the inbox of acct #2, not correctly. Why? How do I fix this? 168351
  8. Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP

Office 2016/2019 defect in Outlook and IMAP: Hi folks If I use OUTLOOK 2016/2019 to SEND email on IMAP server the SENT mail is visible only on the machine I sent it from . INBOX Mail is OK on all machines Now if I log on to the Mail servers web application all the sent mail is visible. Outlook 2010 works correctly...
  9. Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder: Hi folks I have 3 different machines currently with outlook 2016 -- mail is set up as IMAP Send / receive from any machine is visible on all the other ones (that's correct) and on mobile phone. However if I delete emails they get moved (correctly) to the trash folder....
  10. Outlook 2016/365 Crashing

Outlook 2016/365 Crashing: I have been a long time user of MS Office from 2003, through 2007 to 2010. Recently I decided to take up the subscription for 2016/365 Home with the intention of installing on my desktop PC and laptop plus my wife's laptop (all running W10x64 Home). Having installed 2016/365...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inbox is missing from IMAP account

2. outlook 2016 imap bug

3. mail in microsoft 365 inbox missing

4. My outlook 365 gets imap messages but wifes on same PC doesnt?,
  5. added imap account to outlook 2016. inbox messages missing