Windows 10: Bug: Settings app crashes

Discus and support Bug: Settings app crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I go to the "Settings" app, then click on "Update & security" and then, if I immediately click on "Windows Defender", after a few seconds the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tony910, Aug 18, 2015.

1. tony910 Win User

Bug: Settings app crashes

Whenever I go to the "Settings" app, then click on "Update & security" and then, if I immediately click on "Windows Defender", after a few seconds the app crashes.

:)

tony910, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Stelan77 Win User

Problem with phone calls after update 10.0.15063.251 on Lumia 950 XL

Dear all,

A quick follow up.

Through tries and error, i manage to isolate the bug that cause the crashing and reset.

When i activate the setting, that allows to turn the speaker on when the phone is not at ear during the call,

the phone crash and restart when i try to receive or make a call.Even when i used call app or viber.

The bug is not fix even with the latest release, I can simulate the bug every time i activate this setting,

WP10 rel. 10.0.15063.297,

Windows call app rel. 3.25.25002.0

Stelan77, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Out of the memory at line:1

Sounds like a bug in the app and it crashes. Contact the app developer..

Paul van der Heu, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

It would be too easy to say: just don't click on Windows Defender *Smile

I assume that you have conflicting 3rd party anti virus software installed.
    Please check your system for any leftovers of McAfee, Avira, AVG, Kaspersky etc.

if so, uninstall and restart.
    Good luck

Harpert, Aug 18, 2015
  5. tony910 Win User
    Thanks.

As a matter of fact, I don't need to click on "Windows Defender" because I don't even use it. I was just pointing out the bug. I'd say the app shouldn't crash at all.

tony910, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Bug: Settings app crashes - Similar Threads - Bug Settings app

2. settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings app crashes: I'm trying to reset my laptop and when I go to settings> Update and Security and press the recovery button, the settings app crashes. Similarly when I search 'Reset this PC' and press 'Enter', It crashes without any errors.I'm using windows 10....
  3. settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings app crashes: I'm trying to reset my laptop and when I go to settings> Update and Security and press the recovery button, the settings app crashes. Similarly when I search 'Reset this PC' and press 'Enter', It crashes without any errors.I'm using windows 10....
  4. Settings App Crashed

Settings App Crashed: Hi! I just recently installed a new font through settings app in Windows 10. The installation is successfull. But, when I uninstalled the font. The settings app is not responding and crashed. I will attach the screenshot of the detail in Reliability History. [ATTACH]...
  5. Settings Apps crashes

Settings Apps crashes: My settings app crashes immediately after I open the app,it gets stuck on the icon for a whileseen in below image and then closes.I can't access any settings or even update Windows as everything is in the settings app.This issue is in my brand new laptop....
  6. Settings app crash

Settings app crash: To whom it may concern, my seetings app on windows 10 is crashing every single time I try to use it. How do I fix the problem? Yours sincerely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crash/f850cbf1-b1cf-48e9-9005-b9fb372197dc
  7. Settings App crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings App crashes: Hey, today I was trying to manage my background apps but everytime I try to open the background apps tab in settings, the app crashes. I can't seem to find help anywhere in the internet. submitted by /u/UGAleo [link] [comments]...
  8. Settings app crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app crash: Settings app crashes after clicking System or Display settings after installing the update. Current Windows version : 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crash/981c8048-feea-4ea0-930c-521378fbe60a
  9. Settings app crash

Settings app crash: Settings app crashes after clicking System or Display settings after installing the May 2019 update. Current Windows version : 1903 OS Build : 18362.207 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crash/8d54e4cb-4f3a-4f44-b8ea-1f471cff6f67
  10. settings app crashes

settings app crashes: settings app crashes right after opening. tried several fixes found online, to no avail.... Help, PLEASE!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crashes/955cc4e4-86ea-4ab7-8870-cbcafdf5675b