Windows 10: [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

Discus and support [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anne Docherty, Aug 15, 2018.

1. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files started a few months ago, definitely not 3 years ago. I have tediously gone into the security settings of each folder and reset them to full control, however when I go to try and save something I get the same message that either the file cannot be found or I do not have administration rights. I then go back into the security settings and see that they have been grayed out. Can someone please help me? I have spent hours on this. Thank you!

:)

Anne Docherty, Aug 15, 2018
  2. figment_ Win User
    figment_, Aug 15, 2018
  3. figment_ Win User
    FYI: [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions!

I just wanted to mention that there is a lot of helpful information and advice in this thread (definitely not just from me). You may be able to find a much simpler fix that the one I presented in the first post.

figment_, Aug 15, 2018
  4. figment Win User

[BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot

Hello, I'm new here, please let me know if it's okay to post this. After having multiple, miscellaneous, seemingly-disconnected issues with file and folder permissions, locked files, inability to save or edit in my user files, open Outlook, play games, etc, I accidentally stumbled across some oddities in my file shares in computer management related to OneDrive. I posted a more thorough description and permanent work-around here:

Windows 10 OneDrive Default Settings Causing Major Issues With - Microsoft Community

figment, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

[BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

1. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions - Similar Threads - BUG OneDrive Default

2. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  3. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  4. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: Ever since y'all automatically installed Windows 11 when I tried to shutdown and update my PC I have had major audio issues. There is a clear audio disconnect sound and then when it reconnects in the 1-2 second span, Everything after is robotic and glitched out. Resets my...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 causing major issues: Dear Microsoft development team, I just updated to the latest 22H2 version, and since then, my battery life has immensely decreased. My laptop Dell G15 5511 used to give a battery life of a at least 10 hours on balanced mode and 12-14 hours on Ultimate power savings, and now...
  6. Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 major bug slipped into public builds, caused stability issues: Over the last few weeks, users have reported that a new Windows 10 update bug appears to have broken Check Disk, one of the most useful command line-based tools that Microsoft ships with the OS. For those unaware, the ‘Check Disk’ command can be initiated by both the user...
  7. Major privacy and security issue!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major privacy and security issue!: Microsoft forces Internet Explorer and Microsoft edge on your computer to visit bing.com and secretly plant internet browsing files and cookies from bing on your pc. Don't believe me? Try this: Fix the privacy and security settings on your computer and IE and MS Edge browser...
  8. Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest major update causing major restart, shutdown, and network issues.: Since the last major update a few weeks ago, my 1 year old computer that has NEVER had any of the following issues prior to this update is plagued by: Won't shut down properly. Hangs - Have to force shutdown with power button. Won't restart properly. Hangs - Have to...
  9. Major Sharing and Permissions Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Major Sharing and Permissions Issue: I've have been quite happy with Windows 10 to date on all 6 machines at home .. until today, when my monthly backups kicked in, and died at every corner. Prior to Windows 10, I had everything smooth as silk. I was able to see all six machines on my network from every other...
  10. FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot

in Windows 10 Support
    FYI: Windows 10/OneDrive bug resetting security permissions every boot: Hello, I'm new here, please let me know if it's okay to post this. After having multiple, miscellaneous, seemingly-disconnected issues with file and folder permissions, locked files, inability to save or edit in my user files, open Outlook, play games, etc, I accidentally...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. citrix KB4487038