Windows 10: Bugged Homegroup

Discus and support Bugged Homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I recently had to do a system recovery on a Windows 7 that had Windows 10 on it. The original name of the computer was Summer-HP (that's what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Arily, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Arily Win User

Bugged Homegroup

Hello I recently had to do a system recovery on a Windows 7 that had Windows 10 on it. The original name of the computer was Summer-HP (that's what showed in the network list)
    Upon redoing the computer I named it Corey-HP as I was transferring ownership to another person. I upgraded the Windows 7 once again to Windows 10.
    I joined the Homegroup (one I've had for years) but I could not access all the shared folders across the network from other computers...It was not asking for my credentials even though I had it all setup the correct way where it should have.
    I ended up leaving the Homegroup to try and "reset" it so to speak. After leaving it said "Summer-HP" had setup a Homegroup and was inviting me to join.....??? um Summer-HP doesn't technically exist anymore. The other computers are just fine on the old Homegroup and working perfectly fine...I decided not to join the Homegroup because it's going to get sucked into the old "Summer-HP" one and still be bugged. Any ideas?
    I would like to keep the current Homegroup if possible because I have many devices connected to it already would be a pain to go to each one and create/join a brand new one but if it's necessary, let me know.

:)

Arily, Jul 7, 2016

2. security update

Could you please work on a bug or issue, or if done purposely, the problem with updates and homegroup being compromised. I have to reset and redo everything on my homegroup everytime a security update hits, which is often. This also bugged my homegroup
    password generator, as in, it does not generate a password anymore.

flea102971, Jul 7, 2016
  3. lwman Win User
    Homegroup in start list not working.

I set the homegroup to display in the start list. When I select homegroup in the start list, a homegroup folder is then displayed and it indicates that homegroup is currently unavailable. If I select homegroup from the file explorer it works. It looks
    like the homegroup in the start list links to a bad folder. Is this a bug? I haven't figured out how to correct this.

lwman, Jul 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Bugged Homegroup

A homegroup can only be shared between Windows computers. Regular Network sharing has no effect on Home Group, same thing that Home Group has no effect on regular Network sharing.

bro67, Jul 8, 2016
  5. Arily Win User
    I understand what your saying but, however it's supposed to work it's not so I just need to know how to fix it.

Arily, Jul 8, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Jul 9, 2016
  7. Arily Win User
    I've done everything in that post, I've even removed every single computer from the homegroup created a new one, joined every computer to the new homegroup but the 1 computer still will not function properly.

Now 2 computers.

Arily, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bugged Homegroup

1. Bugged Homegroup - Similar Threads - Bugged Homegroup

2. Stupid windows bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stupid windows bugs: It is ridiculous that system error in blue to restart and browser error are commonly happen last few weeks. I am **** busy last few weeks and your problems **** affect to my own business. As we know that there are many bugs after your ridiculous Window update. Also, my...
  3. Stupid windows bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stupid windows bugs: It is ridiculous that system error in blue to restart and browser error are commonly happen last few weeks. I am **** busy last few weeks and your problems **** affect to my own business. As we know that there are many bugs after your ridiculous Window update. Also, my...
  4. Stupid windows bugs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. bug check code 0 event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bug check code 0 event 41: EventDataBugcheckCode0BugcheckParameter10x0BugcheckParameter20x0BugcheckParameter30x0BugcheckParameter40x0SleepInProgress0PowerButtonTimestamp0BootAppStatus0Checkpoint0ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalseSystemSleepTransitionsToOn1CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalseC...
  6. bug check code 0 event 41

bug check code 0 event 41: EventDataBugcheckCode0BugcheckParameter10x0BugcheckParameter20x0BugcheckParameter30x0BugcheckParameter40x0SleepInProgress0PowerButtonTimestamp0BootAppStatus0Checkpoint0ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalseSystemSleepTransitionsToOn1CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalseC...
  7. bug check code 0 event 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. bug check code 80 event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bug check code 80 event 41: <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords> <TimeCreated...
  9. bug check code 80 event 41

bug check code 80 event 41: <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords> <TimeCreated...
  10. bug?! homegroup and administrator(s)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bug?! homegroup and administrator(s): i create a homegroup logging in as administrator. then, i log in as limited user. if i try to share a folder with the homegroup it requires me to insert the administrator password. it doesn't happen creating the homegroup as limited user. is it a bug?! couldn't find...