Windows 10: Bugs that I have experienced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Discus and support Bugs that I have experienced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; These are the following bugs that I have noticed with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update: 1.) Freezing Up: Taskbar, Programs, Apps freeze up. 2.)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Bugs that I have experienced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

These are the following bugs that I have noticed with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update:

1.) Freezing Up: Taskbar, Programs, Apps freeze up.
    2.) Start Menu: Opens fast that it stutters upon opening.
    3.) Microsoft Edge: As I was typing this, it froze up. I had to minimize the browser (Edge) and open it back up.
    4.) View attachment 94014

Jesse Williams, Aug 3, 2016

2. Recent Windows 10 Update trashed my wife's internet connection

My wife's Windows 10, which was updated to the the Anniversary Update, recently experienced a further automatic update which trashed her internet connection. Troubleshooting indicated an invalid IP configuration. I have learned that this is a bug in the
    most recent update to the Anniversary update. My question, logically, is: How can this problem be fixed with a patch if the affected computer can't even connect to the internet?? If there is an update, how can we receive it?? Very important question. Need
    answer NOW!!

Alan Rosenbaum

AlanRosenbaum, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Won't Auto-hide

The bug is NOT fixed! I have the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and STILL have this problem.
    fifty50l's fix works.

M22_Tanker, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Bugs that I have experienced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Does anyone know how to fix these issues?

Jesse Williams, Aug 3, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 3, 2016
  6. My Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed perfectly on 2 machines. I noticed a performance increase after tit completed.

orlbuckeye, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Everything seems to working a little better now. Although, I am having trouble getting the update installed on 2 other Laptops through Windows Update. Windows Update says there are no updates available. I really don't want to download the update directly from Microsoft again, as that's why I believe I am having issues with my Desktop PC and my Laptop which is why I created this thread in the first place.

Jesse Williams, Aug 4, 2016
  8. torre Win User

Bugs that I have experienced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

jesse - Many that have experienced issues rectified by doing a clean install. Just need to backup your files.

That rule needs to go away, especially after a major release and the OP waits for a reasonable time.

There is a myriad of problems with this update as outlined in the below article.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/310...ate-grows.html

torre, Aug 4, 2016
  9. Okay. When doing a Clean Install, do I need to delete the old Windows 10 partition?

That rule needs to go away, especially after a major release and the OP waits for a reasonable time.

There is a myriad of problems with this update as outlined in the below article.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/310...ate-grows.html[/QUOTE]

10. Porthos Win User
    The reason people use forums is they want free help. Free comes at a price, You have to wait till a "volunteer" who has a good answer can get to it.

Forums are NOT chat rooms.

Want help fast, See your local computer shop.

Image backups are your friend. Every single computer user on the planet should have one.

Porthos, Aug 4, 2016
  11. First of all, I am not rich and can't afford to take my computer to a repair shop all of the time. Second of all, I know how to work on computers. It just takes someone to explain to me how to do it. With that being said, when doing a Clean Install, do I need to delete the old Windows 10 partition?

12. SoFine409 Win User
    Hi Jessie, take a look at Brinks tutorial about a clean install. It will remove everything on your disk. Be sure to back up your data and have everything you need on hand to reinstall all of your applications.

SoFine409, Aug 4, 2016
  13. Bugs that I have experienced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

@SoFine409, okay thank you! I will read his tutorial. Just hope I don't mess the install up.

14. Porthos Win User
    Totally understandable. Who is rich with our US economy sucking as it is. Do you make regular IMAGE backups? All that costs is 50 to 70 Bucks and TIME.

Porthos, Aug 4, 2016
  15. SoFine409 Win User
    After you read the tutorial(s) come back and ask any questions that you might have. I think there is also a tutorial for using Malcrum free version to back up the entire disk should anything go wrong.

SoFine409, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Bugs that I have experienced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

1. Bugs that I have experienced in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Bugs experienced Anniversary

2. Windows 10 1903 Bug Experienced

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 Bug Experienced: Laggy Chrome at launch. Computer got frozen for 2 seconds every time chrome is launched. Realtek Audio produces noise with the latest drive installed on Windows 10 Ver 1903. Battery drains super fast. Before the update is 5 hrs battery life, after the update is 3 hrs....
  3. Windows 10 1903 Bug Experienced

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 Bug Experienced: Laggy Chrome at launch. Computer got frozen for 2 seconds every time chrome is launched. Realtek Audio produces noise with the latest drive installed on Windows 10 Ver 1903. Battery drains super fast. Before the update is 5 hrs battery life, after the update is 3 hrs....
  4. Auto login, windows 10 tablet, anniversary update freeze bug.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto login, windows 10 tablet, anniversary update freeze bug.: So I have a windows 10 tablet, think it's eufi(?) Bios. I unfortunately set it to Auto login through netplwiz. Did the anniversary update and getting the freezing problem as soon as I press anything. I seem to be able to change the wifi, not sure what else I gave up a while...
  5. Anniversary update bug with window apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anniversary update bug with window apps: Ever since the update my windows apps(edge, weather app etc) have this issue in which tabs and menus just keep flashing and are un-clickable as if a key on my keyboard is being held down. I unplugged my keyboard but there was no change. Rebooting my computer fixes the issue...
  6. Do I have the Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I have the Anniversary Update?: Hi. Yesterday, I finally allowed my Win7 to be upgraded to Win10. While sorting a few things out, I saw many references on the Net to the 'Anniversary Update'. Wondering if I had it, I googled and found this: Anniversary update has 1607 build number. You should see Version...
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Update April 2016 Bug Bash Summary

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update April 2016 Bug Bash Summary: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 49421
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update April 2016 Bug Bash progress

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update April 2016 Bug Bash progress: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 48744
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Junk 2016 Bug Bash progress

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Junk 2016 Bug Bash progress: Hi Windows Insiders, Thank you again for joining for the second ever Bug Bash for Windows Insiders. As you know, we had kicked off Windows 10 Anniversary Update June 2016 Bug Bash earlier this week with build 14366 for PC and 14364 for Mobile. You can find more details on...
  10. Anniversary update bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update bug: Howdy, Installed a clean anniversary update and all drivers/software installed as usual. Also installed xbox one wireless controller driver. Driver installed ok, but when I turn on my xbox one controller it turns off right after it's connected! I was just using it with...