Windows 10: buidling a new Windows 10 system, software needed?

Discus and support buidling a new Windows 10 system, software needed? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'll be helping a friend from work build his first computer this weekend. We have all the parts and he has a new copy of Windows 10 Pro 64bit. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HarryD, Jul 28, 2016.

1. HarryD Win User

buidling a new Windows 10 system, software needed?

I'll be helping a friend from work build his first computer this weekend. We have all the parts and he has a new copy of Windows 10 Pro 64bit. When I do clean installs on Window 7, I usually install MSE ( I know 10 has Defender so MSE isn't needed). I also install MalwareBytes, and Speccy. What other programs should I install? The computer will be used for gaming/streaming.

:)

HarryD, Jul 28, 2016
  2. Ca1i Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar clock not visible after sleep

• Did you make any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    Yes, let Microsoft do a windows update. Otherwise no.

• Are you getting any error messages?
    No.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Updated all drivers to latest versions, ran SFC, did a clean boot, discovered that restarting explorer fixed it, and also found out that it only occurs after resume from a screen save.

Reset themes to standard windows themes, then tried various other themes after doing an internet search for answers.

• What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 PC?
    Windows 10 Home, version 1703, Buidl 15063.483.

If it were a corrupt system file, why only after a screen save? Why not all the time?

3. My Scanner is Not Working After Windows 10 Update

My pleasure.

A new Windows 10 user, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Autoruns - to control what 'bloatware' is loaded
    Classic Shell - better than the Start Menu IMHO. Configure to use mouse hover to open Classic Shell & left click to open Start Menu
    Windows Live Essentials - if you want the programs offered
    Macrium Reflect Free - for image backups
    CCleaner - for PC cleanup
    Google Chrome - I find it more useful than Edge
    Mini Tool Partition Wizard - if you need to reconfigure disk partitions
    Tree Size Free - to see what is using up your disk space

Steve C, Jul 29, 2016
  5. ELI
    Eli Win User
    Aria2c
    Firefox
    Qbittorrent
    7zip
    Vlc
    Malware bytes
    That is what I use daily

6. HarryD Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions. I saved some to a thumb drive that I'll bring to his house and install.

HarryD, Jul 29, 2016
  7. caperjack Win User
    not sure I would install a torrent program on a computer that wasn't mine ...

caperjack, Jul 29, 2016
  8. HarryD Win User

Not installing any torrent programs. I have saved to a thumb drive: CPUZ, GPUZ, MalwareBytes, Chrome, 7Zip, Macrium Reflect Free, CCleaner, MSI Afterburner, Speccy, Spybot AntiBeacon, CryptoPrevent, and Display Fusion.

I'll let him decide what he wants installed., with my advice of course.

HarryD, Jul 29, 2016
  9. caperjack Win User
    *Thumbs

caperjack, Jul 29, 2016
  10. HarryD Win User
    The build went well, until the cabling. He has a right angle SATA data cable (came with the motherboard), and right angle SATA power cables. With the design of the case (InWin 303) you can't use these types of cable. He'll be changing them out and redoing the cable management.

HarryD, Jul 30, 2016
  11. Molyy Win User
    when you use it , you will find that some software you need it then you will install. because now , we can not remember so many .

Molyy, Aug 1, 2016
  12. HarryD Win User
    The owner of the computer ordered new SATA data and power cables. In the mean time he plugged in a 1TB HDD and formatted it. Now he says Windows can't see the HDD (in disk management), it is listed in BIOS.
    When the new cables come in I'll stop by his house and see what's going on.

HarryD, Aug 2, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Aug 2, 2016
  14. swarfega Win User
    You could go to ninite.com and select which programs you wish to install.They are all up to date and 64-bit.

One program I use is SuperAntiSpyware.

swarfega, Aug 2, 2016
  15. HarryD Win User
    I took the HDD home and plugged it into my computer. It works fine. He must have did something wrong. When I first plugged it in it said that it wasn't formatted using Windows.

HarryD, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

1. buidling a new Windows 10 system, software needed? - Similar Threads - buidling system software

2. Need to activate windows - new system board

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need to activate windows - new system board: I upgraded from Windows 7. I have no idea where my windows 7 product code is at this point. The computer hard dive was moved from the old system board to the new system board. The CPU is also different, but I may upgrade it later, and I guess I’ll be dealing with this again...
  3. Need to activate windows - new system board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to activate windows - new system board: I upgraded from Windows 7. I have no idea where my windows 7 product code is at this point. The computer hard dive was moved from the old system board to the new system board. The CPU is also different, but I may upgrade it later, and I guess I’ll be dealing with this again...
  4. Need to activate windows - new system board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. need to uninstall a software on my new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to uninstall a software on my new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home: I would like to uninstall focus assist. Please send me info how to do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-uninstall-a-software-on-my-new-hp-laptop/293e6ece-ee3c-48a1-8859-dfbc1927ed4d
  6. New system so in need of Windows 10 legit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New system so in need of Windows 10 legit: Hi all! I am building an extra system and want to go with W10 (legit version). Can I buy a W7 key and update to W10? Is this the cheapest way to get a legit W10? EDIT: ok so somebody took the time to downvote this post instead of giving an answer WOW ty you accomplished...
  7. Need Windows 10 software help ASAP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Windows 10 software help ASAP: My windows 10 computer is not responding, I can sign in but when I log in none of my apps show up and I am unable to click anything or access the control panel how would I go about fixing this? I have tried resetting and turning the computer off an on again with the same...
  8. need to verify code for windows 10 SOFTWARE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to verify code for windows 10 SOFTWARE: < Product Key removed by VM > https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-verify-code-for-windows-10-software/1bac29f0-10a1-4643-98f7-173f0da68734
  9. Windows needs RAID (software) file systems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows needs RAID (software) file systems: Hi folks I'm on a Linux system copying approx 90 GB Windows 10 Virtual machine to a RAID 0 HDD (not SSD) array --software RAID using mdadm. Average speed is around 340 Mib/s -- total time around 3.5 mins Can't get anything like those sorts of speeds on identical hardware...
  10. Does Windows 10 Need Antivirus Software?

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Does Windows 10 Need Antivirus Software?: A matter of some debate is whether or not you actually need a third party antivirus program for Windows 10. This is because Windows 10 comes with its own Windows Defender antivirus software. The question is whether or not it’s enough for protecting your computer. The short...