Windows 10: Build 10074 sits at "Just a moment..." on clean install

Discus and support Build 10074 sits at "Just a moment..." on clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 with my work laptop running Win 8.1. Every time I try to install it, I get to the settings portion of the install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by muels7, May 6, 2015.

1. muels7 Win User

Build 10074 sits at "Just a moment..." on clean install

I am trying to dual boot Windows 10 with my work laptop running Win 8.1. Every time I try to install it, I get to the settings portion of the install and I just choose "Express settings" and after that it says "Just a moment..." with a spinning circle of dots, but never does anything after that. It has been sitting like this for a couple of hours now. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

:)

muels7, May 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 Build 10162 won't install.

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview does require a activation key. It is available from the Microsoft ISO download site. Version 10162 will not complete the "clean" install. It goes all the way to a pale blue screen with spinning dot icon and the words "wait
    a few moments" and it never clears. I have a dual-boot setup with Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview version 10074 that installed and is working fine on the same hardware... Version 10162 tries to install automatically inside Windows 10 Enterprise Insider
    Preview version 10074, but it reports "trouble installing" and we'll try again later

Kurt Hanson, May 6, 2015
  3. grschinon Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, May 6, 2015
  4. f14tomcat Win User

If you haven't yet, please refer to Shawn's Tutorial for dual booting. Take note of the warning regarding UEFI.

Windows 10 - Dual Boot with Windows 7 or Windows 8 - Windows 10 Forums

f14tomcat, May 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Build 10074 sits at "Just a moment..." on clean install - Similar Threads - Build 10074 sits

2. Clean install leads to just a moment loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install leads to just a moment loop: Hi so basically my windows files and drivers were messed up in a way that it sometimes didn’t boot up properly and windows would not shutdown the computer and if the laptop went to sleep it would not wake upI assumed that the fault was with windows so I tried reinstalling...
  3. Clean install leads to just a moment loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean install leads to just a moment loop: Hi so basically my windows files and drivers were messed up in a way that it sometimes didn’t boot up properly and windows would not shutdown the computer and if the laptop went to sleep it would not wake upI assumed that the fault was with windows so I tried reinstalling...
  4. Clean install leads to just a moment loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stuck at "Just A Moment" Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at "Just A Moment" Clean Install: I've clean install my Win 10 Asus laptop. When the screen started for "Just A Moment" screen, there is no respond in few an hour. Anyone have a suggestion?...
  6. Stuck at "Just A Moment" Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck at "Just A Moment" Clean Install: I've clean install my Win 10 Asus laptop. When the screen started for "Just A Moment" screen, there is no respond in few an hour. Anyone have a suggestion?...
  7. Stuck at "Just A Moment" Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 clean install stuck at Just a moment.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean install stuck at Just a moment.: I have a an hp pavilion gaming desktop 690-0034 that is currently stuck at "just a moment" blue screen. I had perform a reinstall of windows 10 from the recovery partition but failed. After it would go through the installation it would take me to the login screen where it...
  9. Build 10074, clean SSD, stuck on just a moment after MS credentials

Build 10074, clean SSD, stuck on just a moment after MS credentials: Hi all, first post here. Am trying to install build 10074 on a freshly formatted (no dual boot) 256GB SSD in my Dell XPS 12 via USB. I get through the installation, reboot, do the initial setup, provide my MS account, then get stuck. White screen with frozen ball circle...
  10. just about to clean install from build 10074

just about to clean install from build 10074: I am just about to clean install from build 10074. I assume that it will update to the latest build once installed. I was wondering if I need to install drivers and wot not before upgrading via WU or do that after the upgrade to 10130 is compete. 6445