Windows 10: Build 10240--WiFi IP Configuration Problems

Discus and support Build 10240--WiFi IP Configuration Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been using Win 10 TP since build 9926 and all those since then with no WiFi problems until Build 10240. I now have an IP configuration problem only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cbwilsha, Jul 16, 2015.

1. cbwilsha Win User

Build 10240--WiFi IP Configuration Problems

Been using Win 10 TP since build 9926 and all those since then with no WiFi problems until Build 10240. I now have an IP configuration problem only when waking from sleep. When waking from sleep, there is no Internet access and Troubleshooting recognizes the problem as "WiFi doesn't have valid IP configuration" but is unable to fix it.

A restart will fix it but the fix lasts only until put to sleep and awakening. I can make a permanent fix by entering the IP configuration manually and that is how I'm proceeding now. However my perfectionist complex makes me want to get the automatic IP configuration working again.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in this area. I'm willing to try anything. I've already tried several "fixes" found by googling and tried other WiFi drivers with no luck.

The base computer is a Toshiba Satellite Laptop Model L775D-S7132 with a Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless Lan and the current OS being Windows 10. The previous OS was Windows 7 Home Premium upgraded to Windows 8 Pro.

:)

cbwilsha, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Kward56 Win User

LAN doesn't have valid IP config after windows 10 upgrade

I'm running Windows 10 build 10240. I get the "..... (Wifi/ Ethernet) doesn't have a valid IP configuration " . It worked on a network far far away but not on anything else..

Kward56, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Am I already using Windows 10 Final Version ? (Build 10240)

I am Currently Using Windows 10 Pro IP Build 10240 With all Updates Installed. My question Is : Will "Upgrade To Windows 10 " appear On Windows update Or Build 10240 Is The Final Version ?

Fatin Ishraq, Jul 16, 2015
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Go in Device Manager, Network Adapters, in the properties of your wifi adapter, look on the Power Management tab, uncheck the box says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' *Cool

dmholt57, Jul 16, 2015
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    Sadly, no go! Thanks for trying though.

cbwilsha, Jul 16, 2015
  6. Shad78 Win User
    Hi,

I ran into the same issue; what I first did is rollback to build 10166 and reinstall build 10240. Not very convenient but it worked.. for about 1 day, then I had the problem back this morning..
    I unchecked the box in the Device Manager / Network Adapters like advised by dmholt57; then I went to Network Settings, Manage WiFi Settings and I selected my known networks and clicked Forget (not sure if this helped)
    After rebooting and re-register my WiFi network it did work!
    Thanks *Smile

Shad78, Jul 17, 2015
  7. ramram55 Win User
    Had the very same problem, would advice using 10162 or 10166 clean install and upgrade to 10240, should have no problem. Without touching the device manager. I have the older Toshiba model, never had this wifi problem before.

ramram55, Jul 17, 2015
  8. cbwilsha Win User

Thank you very much Shad78, your solution is working so far and it was the simplest to do of all the possible "fixes" I had found.

cbwilsha, Jul 17, 2015
  9. cbwilsha Win User
    Alas Shad78, no joy in Mudville today!!! The fix worked through multiple sleep/wake cycles yesterday with one off cycle lasting 6 hours before awakening and all was well. However, after sleeping all night, upon awakening this AM, the computer had returned to its problem ways with all IP configuration data lost. I have repeated the procedure and so far today with one off cycle lasting 3 hours, things appear to be working. However, overnight will be the real test.

cbwilsha, Jul 18, 2015
  10. cbwilsha Win User
    Shad78, my problem was finally solved with the help of a Microsoft Engineer on Microsoft.Com. You can find it HERE.

Thank you very much for your help and I hope your solution is still working for you.

cbwilsha, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 10240--WiFi IP Configuration Problems - Similar Threads - Build 10240 WiFi

2. Build 10240

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10240: So basically im still on the build 10240 and tried updating my computer, i got the error code 0x80240fff and tried updating it with the update assistant that i could download, but that didnt work and was told to restart my pc and try again did that and it still didnt work.....
  3. WiFi IP Configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi IP Configuration: Hi Folks, on my new Win 10 Home laptop, I managed to get things the way I wanted them rather easier than I expected. More on that later. - I have to use the Network Troubleshooter everytime i power on. This is what happened last time. [img] I tried with this disabled Turn...
  4. Wifi connection IP configuration not valid

Wifi connection IP configuration not valid: I have no internet connection on my laptop. Don't have a valid IP configuration. I have full wifi access on other home devices. Any suggestions please?...
  5. Problems with the IP configuration.

Problems with the IP configuration.: Hi! I really need your help. My wifi goes missing in every 10 minutes. I run the troubleshooter and the troublshooter says that wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration, then fixes it, and then after 10 minutes I'll have the same issue. It is really annoying because im...
  6. WiFi IP Configuration

WiFi IP Configuration: I connected a fitbit to the USB to charge from my laptop. The computer went into "sleep" mode and when I opened it back up the wifi connection was no longer available. The fitbit was still connected to the USB port. I went through all of the troubleshooting...
  7. Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: We recently got a new Spectrum router and I now am unable to connect to the internet on my PC. This problem has never happened before and is not happening on any other devices in my home (4 Macs, 5 phones) when using the troubleshooter I get the message that the wifi does not...
  8. Wifi doesnt have a valid IP configuration

Wifi doesnt have a valid IP configuration: After updating windows 10 last night. I woke up with this error I've googled and tried netsh commands but it didn't work. Any help would be appriciated. Also tried updating drivers, did not work. using the ipconfig /release causes no operation can be performed error My...
  9. IP configuration problem

IP configuration problem: I have a Lenovo 110 Ideapad that uses windows 10. Occasionally my computer looses the Wi-Fi connection. Running troubleshooting function showed "no valid IP configuration". Eventually the connection is restored. Lenovo tech services said it is the router related. IP provided...
  10. Problems with Build 10240

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Build 10240: So far, I have no sound and Cortana is not working when I speak to her. Any solutions and fixed? 8367