Windows 10: Build 10586 broke RDP Wrapper

Discus and support Build 10586 broke RDP Wrapper in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was using RDP Wrapper: RDP Wrapper Library by StasM Corp. binarymaster/rdpwrap · GitHub It allows a Remote Desktop Protocol session to log in as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NavyLCDR, Nov 12, 2015.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Build 10586 broke RDP Wrapper

I was using RDP Wrapper:
    RDP Wrapper Library by StasM Corp.
    binarymaster/rdpwrap · GitHub

It allows a Remote Desktop Protocol session to log in as a separate user independent of the user logged in locally. Worked perfect until the 10586 update. Now it is "not supported" *cry

I guess I could look at Team Viewer, but I loved RDP Wrapper because it added the capability I needed completely transparently to Windows 10. I don't suppose anyone has any idea how to fix it?

:)

NavyLCDR, Nov 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connection loses connection

Well,

I too was experiencing disconnection with RDP with the Windows 10 Build 10586. I have to connect to Server 2008R2 and remote desktop is the only way. I was losing connection after about 40 sec.

The FIX: After 5 days of attempting to find an answer on this forum and other threads on the Web, I got something to work.

Start RDP. Select More Options/Local Resources/More and unselect smart cards.

Now RDP maintains connection.

renprovideo, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Remote desktop Windows 10

I realize this might be an old post. but here's my answer.

Use RDP Wrapper Library

It allows you to set up your windows sort of like a terminal server. Allowing multiple users to connect to you computer. This sorts the problem of windows kicking you out as well.

How to Allow Multiple RDP Sessions in Windows 10 | Windows OS Hub

NorwayDude, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

I don't really understand what you're achieving with this that you can't achieve strictly with Windows 10 itself. You can log in with multiple users at the same time in Windows 10, and you can log in as any user remotely with RDP (although only one user can be the active user at any given time, which it seems might be the issue you're trying to overcome... however, the EULA specifically forbids that so discussion of circumventing it would be similar to discussion of piracy).

I don't read Russian, so your links are pointless.

Mystere, Nov 12, 2015
  5. adsjc Win User
    Second Link is in english for me.
    I am curious what part of the EULA forbids this?

adsjc, Nov 12, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I have a desktop computer with a local account on it that is connected to my living room TV and the primary use is as a media player. I would like to be able to log into it remotely in an completely independent session and be able to do maintenance and administrative tasks on it while the local account remains 100% unaffected and continues playing a movie or streaming. Windows 10 does not allow this natively. RDP Wrapper inserted this capability.

This does not violate the EULA. The EULA specifically allows it in paragraph 2.d.(v) because the computer I am using as the remote terminal has the same version of Windows as the desktop computer does.

Team Viewer won't do it for me either because the remote session interferes with the local "user" logged on playing the movie.

NavyLCDR, Nov 12, 2015
  7. I suspect you'd be better off asking this at MDL or somewhere similar given that it's more of a hack than something that's designed to work that way.

xtcrefugee, Nov 12, 2015
  8. kyone Win User

I have the same problem. RDP Wrapper is no longer working.

kyone, Nov 13, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I copied termsrv.dll from Windows 10 Pro build 10240 to Windows\System32 on build 10586 and re-installed RDP Wrapper. The developer of RDP Wrapper needs to update the .ini file for the new .dll version in build 10586. I'm sure he probably will, he updated it to work with Windows 10 before now.

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    I don't quite see how that section does what you claim it does. It ignores section 2.c, which states:

The manufacturer or installer and Microsoft reserve all rights (such as rights under intellectual property laws) not expressly granted in this agreement. For example, this license does not give you any right to, and you may not:
    [...]
    (iv) work around any technical restrictions or limitations in the software;
    (v) use the software as server software, for commercial hosting, make the software available for simultaneous use by multiple users over a network, install the software on a server and allow users to access it remotely, or install the software on a device for use only by remote users;

"multiple users" does not mean humans. It means "user" in the sense that an interactive account is a user.

Regardless, 2.c.(iv) expressly prevents you from working around technical limitations.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 10586 broke RDP Wrapper - Similar Threads - Build 10586 broke

2. RDP Wrapper audio cut off in multiple sessions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP Wrapper audio cut off in multiple sessions: Hi everyone. I'm using RDP Wrapper to access with multiple remote sessions on win 10 pro. My problem is that if a person uses the PC locally, and then a second one tries to connect remotely, only the remote person hears the system and app sounds, and the local users gets...
  3. Update to Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  4. Issues with Activation on Build 10586

Issues with Activation on Build 10586: Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I have been upgrading some machines within my workplace onto windows 10. Using build 10240 I had to set the netsh winhttp proxy - to use our proxy server in order to activate windows. This worked flawlessly and would activate straight...
  5. Build 10586

Build 10586: Hi, Problem updating To Build 10586 from 10576. I am on an x64 platform. After downloading and preparing to install, it then goes "Configuring Update for Windows 10 xx% compete. Do not turn Off Your Computer" When 100% is reached it then Restarts. Upon restart it does not...
  6. Sysprep Clean 10586 Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep Clean 10586 Build: I'm having trouble creating a new clean image with Windows 10 1511 (build 10586). Here are my steps: 1) Download the install using Media Creation Tool (10586) - save to USB drive 2) Install Windows 10 (10586) on a test PC from USB drive 3) At OOBE, CTRL-SHIFT-F3 to get...
  7. Installation Problem (BUILD 10586)

Installation Problem (BUILD 10586): Hi...I am on windows 10 home edition ... yesterday i download build 10586 .iso directly from microsoft site since i am unable to download it from windows update...first i try to make it bootable to flash drive using rufus and ran "setup.exe" file but installation disappears...
  8. Unable to update to Build 10586

Unable to update to Build 10586: I tried updating normally using Windows Update. It fails in less than 10 seconds. I tried using Media Creation Tool. It downloads the update, but at the end it fails again and tell me restart my PC and try again. I tried deleting the files at...
  9. Start Menu, taskbar broke Build 10586

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, taskbar broke Build 10586: Today I setup a brand new computer. I pinned a folder and program icon to the start menu,. I also pinned the same program to the task bar. Once I rebooted the machine, the start menu, task bar and computer in general are locked up. Nothing is working to get the PC to...
  10. Build 10586: Icons flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Build 10586: Icons flickering: After upgrading to this build, all of the icons and notification center flicker every few seconds. When I click on the Start button, the start menu will open after a while. I've reported this to MS, has anyone else seen this issue? 28915