Windows 10: Build 12814 - in UK 2 out of 3 ISP's tested cannot see shares.

Discus and support Build 12814 - in UK 2 out of 3 ISP's tested cannot see shares. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks This whole networking thing just gets me hosed up every time Currently in UK for small piece of work . While there I am getting weird network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Aug 17, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Build 12814 - in UK 2 out of 3 ISP's tested cannot see shares.

Hi folks
    This whole networking thing just gets me hosed up every time

Currently in UK for small piece of work . While there I am getting weird network results on my own private (not used for work) laptop depending on the wifi service being used and ISP provider.

private laptop with 3VMs on it running W10 X-64 Pro skippy build 18214.

Virgin Media (London) standard broadband (cable but not latest fibre)-- cannot even see host computer - never mind the VM's.

The VM's also don't show up in samba shares. Connectivity possible via IP addresses only.

B.T (London) Old fashioned via phone / adsl line Can see VM's but not host computer -- the VM's though show nothing in samba shares. Connectivity possible via IP addresses.

KCOM (Yorkshire) superfast fibre optic cable no problem -- works pefectly all computers visisble and connectable.

So what's up -- London (B.T and Virgin) networking hosed -- Yorkshire works perfectly !!!! I thought networking was supposed to work consistently wherever you are assuming Internet connection.

I can't imagine this is purely a Windows problem !!!!

Might it be also some problem related to IPV4/IPV6 conversions / protocols being different per internet provider -- who knows ??

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 17, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 17, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 12814 - in UK 2 out of 3 ISP's tested cannot see shares. - Similar Threads - Build 12814 ISP's

2. Cannot see *.mp4 files in shared folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see *.mp4 files in shared folder: I have a share folder from NUC that running windows11. When I open shared folder inside my pc that running Win10, I cannot see the *.mp4 file that located inside shared folder. Other file such as *.txt can be seen from my pc...
  3. Display blanks out for 2 or 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display blanks out for 2 or 3 seconds: System:Windows 11 Home 21H2 on ASUS Prime H510M-E board with Intel i5 10400 processor & 8 GB RAM.Problem:The display goes blank for 2 or 3 seconds before recovering, this happens randomly but not frequently.Details:This is a new development after using the system for several...
  4. Display blanks out for 2 or 3 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display blanks out for 2 or 3 seconds: System:Windows 11 Home 21H2 on ASUS Prime H510M-E board with Intel i5 10400 processor & 8 GB RAM.Problem:The display goes blank for 2 or 3 seconds before recovering, this happens randomly but not frequently.Details:This is a new development after using the system for several...
  5. I cannot see shared files on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot see shared files on network: I am unable to access the shared folders of my Lenovo PC. But I am able to access other systems shared folders from this PC. I got a message The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected...
  6. Computer cannot see the shared folders

Computer cannot see the shared folders: My laptop runs Windows 10---1809 which cannot see the shared folders. I believe this problem has appeared since the last Windows update. I checked the Advanced sharing settings and verified the SMB1 protocol, everything looks ok...
  7. In Uk yorkshire decent fast ISP finally -- on Wifi with KCOM

In Uk yorkshire decent fast ISP finally -- on Wifi with KCOM: Hi there. In Yorkshire near Kingston Upon Hull (apparently not the most desirable place in UK - seems OK to me so I think people just quoting stuff without ever trying these places !!) I'm just off ferry this morning from Rotterdam / Europoort for the UK holiday weekend....
  8. Cannot see my shared pc on network

Cannot see my shared pc on network: Hello, i have a pc running windows 10 Home and i chose a name for this pc and entered the network workgroup name and restarted the pc... Now i have about 8-9 pcs running on windows 7 in this network...i can see all the networked pcs on my windows 10 pc but on other computers...
  9. Cannot See Build 1703

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot See Build 1703: I'm on Windows 10 x64 1607 and my PC will not go any further. My server is on 1703, but my Desktop refuses to see it, even when checking for updates. I also tried to install manually, but I get an error that update not applicable to this PC. Thanks 95203
  10. 2 out of 3 successful

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 out of 3 successful: First 2 installs went off without a hitch 3rd is proving to be a pain in the neck. I am up to 8 attempts after doing various things like using the tweaking.coms All-in-one repair tool, Anti-virus scans which did produce some malware. On the first 6 tries I would get to 32% of...