Windows 10: Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out

Discus and support Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out. I have Intel VT enabled in the UEFI BIOS. Any suggestions? EDIT: Processor i5 4460 which has vt-x... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by fjk61011, Apr 19, 2016.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out

Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out.

I have Intel VT enabled in the UEFI BIOS.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Processor i5 4460 which has vt-x capabilities. However Intel Processor id utility says it doesn't.

Hypervisor worked with previous builds

EDIT: When I disabled VT-x in the BIOS intel id utility shows processor is VT-x capabile. When I enable it ID utility says not VT-x capabile?!?!

:)

fjk61011, Apr 19, 2016
  2. Decinex Win User

Doesn't Hyper-V work in Windows 10?

Make sure that you have installed the right Windows features for hyper-V.

The Hyper-V management tools, hypervisor and Hyper-V services.

Decinex, Apr 19, 2016
  3. markwett Win User
    Hyper V Hypervisor is greyed out, I can't tick the box. I'm using a mac, with windows 10 pro parallels

Thanks Shawn

I am running Parallels on a Mac Book air.

I am then running Windows Pro and then MS Visual to do Windows Phone Programming.

1. Do I need Hyper-V? or should I disable it?

2. How do I setup my Windows Pro to let me run MS Visual which will allow me to run the Window Phone Emulator?

markwett, Apr 19, 2016
  4. Wynona Win User

Wynona, Apr 19, 2016
  5. fjk61011 Win User
    fjk61011, Apr 19, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

silly question but are you using Windows 10 PRO - Windows 10 HOME won't work with HYPER V. I assume your build should be using PRO or above.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 19, 2016
  7. Wynona Win User
    Yep, Jimbo, he's using Pro. I just clicked on his specs.

BTW, Francis, you might want to update your specs.

Wynona, Apr 19, 2016
  8. fjk61011 Win User

Yup, Win 10 Pro 64-bit build 14316

fjk61011, Apr 19, 2016
  9. fjk61011 Win User
    My specs are grand, 20 x 20 vision. Oh... *Smile

fjk61011, Apr 19, 2016
  10. fjk61011 Win User
    This has me stumped:

When I disabled VT-x in the BIOS intel id utility shows processor is VT-x capabile. When I enable it, ID utility says not VT-x capabile?!?!

I haven't updated the BIOS and Hyper V worked in previous builds.

fjk61011, Apr 19, 2016
  11. kebero Win User
    Try Powershell: Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All -Online

kebero, Apr 20, 2016
  12. fjk61011 Win User
    Whoop, whoop. It worked. Thank you.

fjk61011, Apr 20, 2016
  13. kebero Win User

Glad I could help. Powershell is your friend in Windows 10.

kebero, Apr 21, 2016
  14. Wynona Win User
    Will OneGet install Hyper-V, Kebero?

Wynona, Apr 22, 2016
  15. Kari Win User
    Wynona, no. OneGet is a PowerShell module, Hyper-V a Windows 10 additional feature which can be managed from PowerShell.

The two, OneGet and Hyper-V have nothing in common, nothing to do with each other.

Thema:

1. Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out - Similar Threads - Build 14316 Hyper

2. How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?: How do I disable this " A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."? I need to disable the hypervisor because I can't run my eve-ng. I always get virtualized Intel VT-x/EPT is not supported error. I have already tried unchecking...
  3. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  4. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  5. BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V: The BSOD always occurs 5-15 minutes after connecting to a vm.I have tried doing memory test with Memtest86 and there was no problem.Other types of BSOD also occurs sometimes even when the PC idling.Here's the latest crash dump analysis with WindbgHYPERVISOR_ERROR 20001The...
  6. BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V

BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V: The BSOD always occurs 5-15 minutes after connecting to a vm.I have tried doing memory test with Memtest86 and there was no problem.Other types of BSOD also occurs sometimes even when the PC idling.Here's the latest crash dump analysis with WindbgHYPERVISOR_ERROR 20001The...
  7. Hyper V Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper V Hypervisor: So this file says that I need to enable Virtualization Technology on my computer in order to install it. It is enabled, and just to check, i disabled it in order to see what it would say. It says that I need to enable VT on my computer and the file is greyed out.SO why is it...
  8. Hyper V Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper V Greyed Out: Hey guys. I wanted to create a virtual PC on my computer and learned that Windows 10 has Hyper V. So I went to windows features and activated it. It can install the Hyper-V tools but the Hyper-V platform and services are greyed out. I've read that it dosen't work on Windows...
  9. How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it?

How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it?: Hi! I tried Windows Phone Emulator in Hyper-V. It reports that Hyper-V Hypervisor is not running error. So, How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor? And also - how to stop Hyper-V Hypervisor? I need it. No matter of solution, I accept also writing into Windows registry - I'm not...
  10. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v hypervisor greyed

2. hyper-v hypervisor greyed out

3. hypervisor greyed out windows 10 pro

4. windows 10 hyper v hypervisor greyed out,
  5. hyper-v hypervisor greyed out virtual box,
  6. hyper-v hypervisor greu out in windows 10 features,
  7. disable hyper-v powershell Hyper-V Hypervisor greyed out,
  8. hyper-v hypervisor windows 10 greyed out,
  9. add remove hypervisor greyed out,
  10. hyper-v hypervisor windows 10 greyed 2019,