Windows 10: Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%'

Discus and support Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%' in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316. I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by machare, May 3, 2016.

1. machare Win User

Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%'

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

:)

machare, May 3, 2016
  2. PeterBabu Win User

Windows 10 upgrade

My windows upgrade is getting stuck at 'preparing to install'. I have tried to upgrade it three times in this week, and each and every time the upgrade download 100% and its stuck in 'preparing to install' step.

Please help me. Also please do mention that is there any alternative way for upgrade?

PeterBabu, May 3, 2016
  3. jahow37 Win User
    Nokia Lumia 521 Amber Update

Downloaded update but now stuck on "preparing to install" 100% complete.

jahow37, May 3, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

I believe you are going to need more room.

Kill the current update attempt, reboot and try it again only skip the Updates part. See if that works.

Filling out your System Specs would be a help.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Also, how big is the SSD?

Ztruker, May 3, 2016
  5. machare Win User
    I am not sure that I understand 'skip the Updates part', given that what I want to do is to get the next build.

The C: partition is 38.1 GB and the freespace is 7.06GB. This has been enough for the past year for the 32 bit version.

machare, May 3, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I remember reading somewhere that around 10GB is needed free for the upgrade to 10. I may be remembering that wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

Look at this tutorial on upgrading. How far do you get? Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

Ztruker, May 4, 2016
  7. machare Win User
    Those instructions are for upgrading from say Windows 8.1 or 7. I am just trying to get a later Insider build. It is a pity they don't make the .iso or .esd files available.

machare, May 4, 2016
  8. machare Win User

Well this morning I got a notification saying update failed, click here to learn more. I clicked but there was nothing.

This afternoon, after a reboot, the update started downloading and working, so I now have build 14332.*Confused

machare, May 4, 2016
  9. Ztruker Win User
    ?????? Beats me. Windows is fun as you never know what's going to happen next, sort of like an endless adventure.

Glad you're up and running though.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%' - Similar Threads - Build 14332 upgrade

2. Update stuck at 100 but never install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at 100 but never install: In my Windows update section all updates are stuck at 100 percent download but it didnt install. I run the troubleshooter multiple times and restart the computer but when I initiate again its the same scenario. I dont have anti-virus aside from defender....
  3. Windows update stuck at "Preparing to install updates"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck at "Preparing to install updates": HiMy laptop downloaded the latest windows update but when it prepares to install that, it stuck.I tried a whole bunch of ways I found on the internet including:restarting the laptopRunning windows update troubleshooting It says that found problems and fixed themUpdating all...
  4. Windows update stuck at "Preparing to install updates"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stuck at "Preparing to install updates": HiMy laptop downloaded the latest windows update but when it prepares to install that, it stuck.I tried a whole bunch of ways I found on the internet including:restarting the laptopRunning windows update troubleshooting It says that found problems and fixed themUpdating all...
  5. Windows update stuck at "Preparing to install updates"

6. Windows Update Stuck at Preparing to install updates 50%

Windows Update Stuck at Preparing to install updates 50%: [ATTACH]Windows 10 update been stuck in this step for hours, Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-at-preparing-to-install/b459811a-80dc-4c35-bdc5-d5bff51b8865
  7. Windows update stuck in preparing to install

Windows update stuck in preparing to install: I was updating an old laptop I haven't used in a while from version 1511 to 1903. It has been stuck at 14% for 4 hours now. Anything I can do to fix this without restarting the update as I have limited internet? Already tried using the update troubleshooter, says everything's...
  8. Windows Update Stuck at 100% Installing

Windows Update Stuck at 100% Installing: [ATTACH] It has been stuck at "Installing -100%" for many hours and I've ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter multiple times and it hasn't helped. I don't know how to fix it and Modern Setup Host has been using up about 25% of my CPU so I can't really use my PC for gaming...
  9. Stuck at "Preparing to install"

Stuck at "Preparing to install": My Windows 10 background download was complete but now its stuck at preparing to install? Any ideas? 11628
  10. GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332

GPT or ??? New Install Build 14332: I created bootable flash drive using Rufus. The source is a downloaded windows 10 insider build 14332. It's official, check below. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...P7YwGMT7WTLqUA)() When I boot I'm told, "windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk...