Windows 10: Build 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 Breaks Edge and Cortana - they can't connect to the...

Discus and support Build 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 Breaks Edge and Cortana - they can't connect to the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Once this update has installed itself, both the above programs can't connect to the Internet and nor can extensions like LastPass. Other browsers such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nick Ryan, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Nick Ryan Win User

Build 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 Breaks Edge and Cortana - they can't connect to the...

Once this update has installed itself, both the above programs can't connect to the Internet and nor can extensions like LastPass. Other browsers such as Chrome and Internet Explorer are unaffacted.

If i return to the earlier version of Windows, that fixes both things.

So, 2 things:

1. Is there a fix for the above?

2. If not, how do I prevent the auto-update?

:)

Nick Ryan, Aug 10, 2018
  2. RMerson Win User

restoring Edge beta browser with edge regular

Windows insider build update 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 installed Windows Edge Beta browser on my laptop, now my password security Enpass will not work through my browser and I am unable to restore my regular Edge browser back on.

RMerson, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Cortana not syncing between Windows 10 and Android 8

I'm running the Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring build version 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551, and Android 8.1 Oreo.

The Cortana on Android is in the beta build.

A while back, Cortana stopped syncing notifications between my phone and Windows 10, and I texting from Windows 10 stopped working too.

My phone number is added to my Microsoft account.

My phone is always on do not disturb, would that have anything to do with the app notifications not syncing?

Thanks, Pranav

PranavTripathi_787, Aug 10, 2018
  4. djbillyd Win User

Build 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 Breaks Edge and Cortana - they can't connect to the...

multiple monitors

Evaluation copy Build 17713.rs5_re;lease.180706-1551.

I'm an "Insider".

djbillyd, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Build 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551 Breaks Edge and Cortana - they can't connect to the... - Similar Threads - Build 17713 rs5_release

2. Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't sign into cortana or edge, says I have no internet connection: I'm trying to sign in to edge/cortana and it keeps saying I don't have internet connection even thought I do. I'm able to search the web and do everything else. my laptop is running windows 10S Home edition. I also tried switching out of S mode and it sends me to the...
  3. Can't connect Gmail to Cortana

in Cortana
    Can't connect Gmail to Cortana: Hello, I am unable to connect Cortana to my gmail account. I know how to do it, but when I get to the last step, "accept," nothing happens - it won't allow me to accept. Help is appreciated. Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2016...
  4. Can't connect Cortana and Spotify

in Cortana
    Can't connect Cortana and Spotify: Cortana was disabled on my pc... Then I got Spotify premium, enabled Cortana and tried to connect Spotify to Cortana. I linked my account with Cortana but when I went to notebook, then manage skills, then music, then Spotify and clicked on, I received a message that...
  5. Cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    Cortana can't connect to the internet: if i try to talk to Cortana, it says that it can't connect to the internet...I think the problem occurred because i tried to change Cortana's speech recognition language but now i don't know how to fix that...I've tried reinstalling the English(US) Speech Recognition pack...
  6. how to comeout from win 10, 17713 build

how to comeout from win 10, 17713 build: pls help me to come out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-comeout-from-win-10-17713-build/d708fc7a-e7a4-4783-bda1-90a4e4ffe6d3
  7. Problem with Build 17733.rs5_release.180803

Problem with Build 17733.rs5_release.180803: Hi, I`m an Windows Insider and after the latest update my laptop is not working like before. Can`t open Settings or Windows Update, start is not working, search also not working. I also tried to reset my Windows but there is no option when I select Troubleshooting after...
  8. Beta MSFT Edge build 17713.rs.5 version

Beta MSFT Edge build 17713.rs.5 version: Hello, Build 17713.rs.5 was installed yesterday with a BETA version of MSFT Edge. I cannot access the internet through the BETA version. I cannot contact support from the Windows 10 machine. I need to get this fixed to work at my job. What has anyone else done to get his...
  9. Cannot install fonts, build 17713

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install fonts, build 17713: On one of the newest windows builds, build 17713, I cannot install any fonts anymore. I was going to install Roboto when I got an error. The error is: "The file.... does not appear to be a valid font." The files all are in .ttf format. I am logged in as an admin. I...
  10. cortana and windows edge are not connecting to enternet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana and windows edge are not connecting to enternet: windows edge is saying: hmm, we can't reach this page plese help 43407