Windows 10: //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10

Discus and support //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Windows 10 and PowerShell For Docker! //Build/ will always be a special place for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Apr 1, 2016.

1. //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10

//build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Windows 10 and PowerShell For Docker!

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...ll-for-docker/

Cluster Head, Apr 1, 2016
  2. Cluster Head, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    Ratandeep, Apr 2, 2016
  4. edm2 Win User

//build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10

Win 10 Hyper-V Guest, Gen2, won't even install OS!

I have a Win 10 Hyper-V Host that works fine. I created a Hyper-V "Gen 1" Guest on this machine and it works fine but when I created a "Gen 2" Guest (with Win 8) on the same Host I ran into trouble.

Starting the Gen2 Guest led to this black screen displaying:

"

PXE Network Boot using IPv4 ( ESC to cancel )

Performing DHCP Negotiation

.. which lead to another screen

Hyper-V

Virtual Machine Boot Summary:

1. SCSI DVD (0,1) The boot loader failed - Time out

2. Network Adapter (001..) DHCP failed

3. SCSI Disk (0,0) No UEFI-compatible file systems was found

"

What am I doing wrong? Does my Win 8 ISO image not contain a UEFU compatible file system?

TIA,

edm2, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

//build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10

1. //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10 - Similar Threads - build 2016 Container

2. Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features: I tried working with Docker on my desktop, on trying to turn on some windows features, I noticed that hyper -v and containers are not available on my windows features. I don't know why, Is there a way I can resolve this?Do I need to do any extra installations on my system, if...
  3. Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features: I tried working with Docker on my desktop, on trying to turn on some windows features, I noticed that hyper -v and containers are not available on my windows features. I don't know why, Is there a way I can resolve this?Do I need to do any extra installations on my system, if...
  4. Hyper-V and Containers not in Windows Features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. mstscax.dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an Error on Hyper-v

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mstscax.dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an Error on Hyper-v: So I wanted to make a Windows 10 VM for testing. It would not work on Virtualbox so I tried it on Hyper-V. And it gave me an error.[ATTACH]So how do I fix this....
  6. Windows 10 build that contains sets feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 build that contains sets feature: Can anyone tell me which was the last windows 10 build that contained sets feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-build-that-contains-sets-feature/ff3d5143-2c45-43b2-b530-45ac9f7c0d4b
  7. Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop: Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop As you probably know the Windows Insider program allows to get preview Windows 10 builds to test the new features that are coming in the next major update of Windows. Since a few weeks, a new feature...
  8. Microsoft Announces Build 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Announces Build 2016: The Moscone Center San Francisco, CA March 30 – April 1 Source: Microsoft Build Developer Conference | March 30 – April 1, 2016 32596
  9. MS is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Win10 with build 14352

in Windows 10 News
    MS is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Win10 with build 14352: Microsoft is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Windows 10 with build 14352 [img] Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, Microsoft has begun previewing Hyper-V Containers in Windows 10. Microsoft’s Neil Peterson introduced the concept of...
  10. Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Win 10...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Win 10...: Microsoft confirms built-in Hyper-V containers are coming to Windows 10 testers soon Another new feature in the 'Anniversary' update to Windows 10 will be built-in Hyper-V Container support, Microsoft officials are now confirming. [img] On the last day of its...
Tags: