Windows 10: Build Part Drive

Discus and support Build Part Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just installed Windows 10 on a desktop and I noticed when I opened This PC I saw a drive called "BUILD PART". What is that and is it necessary? 89214 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AFTommy, Jul 17, 2017.

1. AFTommy Win User

Build Part Drive

Just installed Windows 10 on a desktop and I noticed when I opened This PC I saw a drive called "BUILD PART". What is that and is it necessary?

:)

AFTommy, Jul 17, 2017
  2. Wolfpup3 Win User

Cannot change install location of apps in Windows 10

So you're running 10.0.10586? (Or as listed in settings Version 1511 OS Build 10586.494)

Did you actually change something in the registry? I'd worry about that as that was NEVER part of changing the install drive.

Wolfpup3, Jul 17, 2017
  3. MarkRay Win User
    NO Disk Error when starting QuattroPro

When starting QuattroPro as a part of WordPerfect Office X7, I get: "qpw17.exe No Disk; There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk iinto drive G:" Iam using Windows 10 Home Edition, Version 1703, OS Build 1603.413.

WordPerfect and Presentations start without the error.

I would appreciate any help.

MarkRay, Jul 17, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Build Part Drive

5. AFTommy Win User
    Build Part Drive [​IMG]

AFTommy, Jul 17, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    What was the source media of the Windows 10 that you installed? Looks like it was probably a manufacturer's OEM disk/flash drive and it's part of the OEM software.

NavyLCDR, Jul 17, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    A 1GB Fat32 partition named BUILDPART, that's a new one to me. Google finds no references to such a partition. What build of W10 were you installing? What are the contents of D: (Buildpart)?

8. AFTommy Win User

Build Part Drive

It was a link I got from you NavyLCDR a few months back. Do you think it would be OK to delete it?

AFTommy, Jul 17, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Did the PC originally come supplied with FreeDOS? The BUILDPART partition would appear to be part of FreeDOS.

(Google Translation of a German forum) https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...33&prev=search

10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Did you delete all partitions on the hard drive during the install and let windows set up the entire hard drive, or did you install Windows to an existing partition?

NavyLCDR, Jul 17, 2017
  11. AFTommy Win User
    it came on the install. I let the program mark the petitions on its own. It set up one for windows, one for recovery (which I figured is the backup) and one for BUILD PART (which I'm guessing is "build partition") which is the mystery. I have googled it and so has Bree and got nothing.
    Here is the download link I used for Windows 10 Download Windows 10

AFTommy, Jul 17, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    ...except for a reference to FreeDOS - hence my question 'did it come with FreeDos?' and NavyLCDR's 'Did you delete all partitions on the hard drive during the install'? Probably not, judging by the RECOVERY (EBuild Part Drive :) (OEM partition) shown in your screenshot. What system was on the PC before you started?

Apart from the EFI System Partition I would have thought all the others should have been deleted before installing.

Build Part Drive [​IMG]

Clean Install Windows 10

13. NavyLCDR New Member

Build Part Drive

I agree with @Bree, the hard drive was not erased before Windows was installed.

If you want to wipe the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 10 onto a completely clean hard drive, there is no need to leave any partition. Delete every partition until the entire drive shows as unallocated space, highlight the unallocated space and click next.

NavyLCDR, Jul 17, 2017
  14. AFTommy Win User
    I am not too far along that I cannot reinstall. I need a clean windows 10 with none of the extraneous shared drives added to c: I don't know where I can get one. This has cost me over 1300 family photos. I wanna get a clean start . Thanks guys and gals. If anyone has any idea where I can get a clean windows 10 install please let me know

AFTommy, Jul 18, 2017
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    Download Windows 10

Click on the download tool now button. Use the media creation tool "Make media for another PC option" to create a USB flash drive of Windows 10. Boot the computer from the Windows 10 USB flash drive it creates. Skip entering a product key, select the version of Windows 10 that you had (Home or Pro), select the custom install option. When you get the list of partitions on the hard drive, delete each one until you have nothing but unallocated space. Highlight the unallocated space and click Next.

NavyLCDR, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Build Part Drive

1. Build Part Drive - Similar Threads - Build Part Drive

2. I have deleted a part of dynamic drive now the other parts of the drive went unlocated. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have deleted a part of dynamic drive now the other parts of the drive went unlocated. How...: Previously it helped to solve the issue just assigning a drive letter to the main drive . In picture i deleted the 617 mb drive. but https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deleted-a-part-of-dynamic-drive-now-the/f88aa9cd-5def-40a4-be6b-23ce872dc54c
  3. I have deleted a part of dynamic drive now the other parts of the drive went unlocated. How...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have deleted a part of dynamic drive now the other parts of the drive went unlocated. How...: Previously it helped to solve the issue just assigning a drive letter to the main drive . In picture i deleted the 617 mb drive. but https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-deleted-a-part-of-dynamic-drive-now-the/f88aa9cd-5def-40a4-be6b-23ce872dc54c
  4. I have deleted a part of dynamic drive now the other parts of the drive went unlocated. How...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.: Hello, I have encountered the problem that when trying to expand parts of the main drive it does not work. Parts of the main disk, that is, C and D can themselves divide into parts, but at the same time join into one can not. Does not help neither as a disk management itself...
  6. Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.: Hello, I have encountered the problem that when trying to expand parts of the main drive it does not work. Parts of the main disk, that is, C and D can themselves divide into parts, but at the same time join into one can not. Does not help neither as a disk management itself...
  7. Unable to expand part of drive C at the expense of part D.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Building a new pc, are these parts compatible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Building a new pc, are these parts compatible?: Hi there, I recently decided to sell my pc and use the funds to build one myself. These are the parts I have picked out: Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com Amazon.com However, I don't know much about computers, so I was wondering if anyone could...
  9. BSOD New PC build Part 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD New PC build Part 2: I posted on here yesterday regarding my recent PC build and the continues BSOD and random error messages I keep getting. I tried reinstalling Windows from scratch but this time it crashed mid install from USB stating a critical windows stop 'memory management' when it...
  10. New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Build with new and old parts, best way to install...: Hey guys, I am rebuilding my systems, going to take apart the two I have now and build a new one with new parts as well as old parts from the two systems, its mostly going to be new parts. The system specs I have in this forum is of the PC that I use to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. buildpart

2. buildpart windows 10

3. buildpart partition

4. what is buildpart drive during setup,
  5. remove buildpart drive