Windows 10: Building A Clean and Lean Windows 10 image

Discus and support Building A Clean and Lean Windows 10 image in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I need some recommendations for system upgrades on some tweaks and performance enhancements for Windows 10 Pro. We have Dell OptiPlex 960s. Specs:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Daniel13djb, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Building A Clean and Lean Windows 10 image

I need some recommendations for system upgrades on some tweaks and performance enhancements for Windows 10 Pro. We have Dell OptiPlex 960s. Specs: Intel Duo Core 2, 4gb RAM, 160gb Hard Drive.

I'm wanting non-data hungry tweaks as well. I already disabled Cortana but it still runs in the background. Is there a way to get rid of this?

I want it to run clean and lean like Windows 7 in a way to were there is no data pulling unless I'm in a browser as well.

Thanks,

Daniel.

:)

Daniel13djb, Jan 20, 2016
  2. Zxxl Win User

How About A Lean, Clean Windows OS?

My digital lifestyle is pretty simple. I have a Play Station 3 and 4 but don't use them a lot. I have a simple cell phone but only use it for an occasional text or phone call. Although I enjoy building and maintaining my own computers my computing needs
    are also pretty simple. I play some games, surf the net, visit forums and newsgroups, photography and other simple, mundane everyday activities. I don't watch movies, stream stuff, have a giant music collection or a lot of the other things a lot of people
    use computers for.

I could use a lean, clean Windows OS. When installing Windows Essentials you have a choice as to which ones you want to install but when you install Windows OS it comes loaded with a lot of baggage I have no use for such as One Drive, One Note, X Box stuff,
    Edge browser, Groove Music program and a whole lot more. Why not a Windows version that allows me to decide which apps and programs I want to install and use? I imagine my slimmed down install of Windows would boot in an eye blink, be lightning fast, take
    up a small amount of hard drive space and not be plagued with a bunch of issues and glitches caused by installed stuff I don't have a need for in the first place. I pay Microsoft a fair amount of money for a license to use their product and it would be cool
    if I had more control over how I set it up using only the apps I have a need for.

I know it is just wishful thinking and will never happen but it's just some thoughts I had this morning while looking through build 10240 which installed yesterday afternoon. The install by the way had a major glitch which I outlined in another thread and
    was, thankfully, able to resolve without a re-installation. I do enjoy my computing hobby and appreciate Microsoft for providing me an operating system.

3. Ruz San Win User
    Cant turn on Location Service on Windows 10

Thank you for trying the earlier suggestions.

In case you have questions about the resolution you're leaning towards, you can check

this guide
    about clean installation of Windows 10.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jan 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Building A Clean and Lean Windows 10 image

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

Building A Clean and Lean Windows 10 image

1. Building A Clean and Lean Windows 10 image - Similar Threads - Building Clean Lean

2. Windows 10 fails clean install on new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fails clean install on new build: I am working on building a new gaming PC, and am trying to install a copy of windows 10 using the USB tool. After creating a partition and unpacking files, the installer goes to reset. While in the "getting devices ready" stage, it is routinely failing install, and giving...
  3. Windows lean

Windows lean: Where can I find windows lean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-lean/20214619-79a7-4893-a6da-ff2723f69068
  4. LEFT LEANING BIAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LEFT LEANING BIAS: MSN , What happened to being NEUTRAL ? You are getting to way one sided , going to lose customers fast. !!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-leaning-bias/57abff23-f369-40ef-a814-8390f51f03bd"
  5. Windows 10 1903 build Update.exe bad image

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 build Update.exe bad image: to anyone, I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro 64bit to Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 build. After the upgrade when I start certain programs like Teams or Lenovo system update I get error message Update.exe-Bad image C:\Windows\System32\edputil.dll is either not designed to run on...
  6. New build - How perform a clean Windows 10

New build - How perform a clean Windows 10: To all, I just received all of the parts for my new PC. I had planned on installing Windows 7 Professional that I bought for my previous PC that I also built. After doing some research I have decided to go ahead and use Windows 10 based on it's support for newer hardware....
  7. HP Image recovery windows 10 1607 Build

HP Image recovery windows 10 1607 Build: Hi , I have updated my Windows 10 build from 1607 to 1703 ( creator update ) , before doing this I have made USB drive having HP Image recovery to make fresh installation incase any error comes up in the future , but now I find that HP recovery image program writes : Image...
  8. Windows 10 for phones build 10072 images leak

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 for phones build 10072 images leak: Most users are waiting for a new Windows 10 for phones build, expected to launch this week and coincide with the launch of the new Office universal mobile apps. But it looks like the folks in China already got their hands on this new Windows 10 preview and they’re sharing...
  9. Windows 10 Lean edition for devices with 16GB of storage

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Lean edition for devices with 16GB of storage: I'd suggest looking into getting an old Thinkpad off eBay then. I pad €100 for a i5 with 8GB ram. Boots off SD fine. I just loaded the Raspbian x86 Desktop version on my spare desktop PC. I can get by with that.
  10. MS Working on "Lean" version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    MS Working on "Lean" version of Windows 10: Maybe my dream is coming true. VR/MR headset with Windows on a SoC(System on a chip) [img]