Windows 10: Building a more accessible user experience with HTML5 and UIA

Discus and support Building a more accessible user experience with HTML5 and UIA in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Recently, we introduced Microsoft Edge’s new accessibility architecture, which inherently supports modern web standards, and provides a foundation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Building a more accessible user experience with HTML5 and UIA

Read more: Building a more accessible user experience with HTML5 and UIA | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, May 11, 2016
  2. JulesW Win User

Watching flash video

Or perhaps Microsoft, just like Apple and RIM are more interested in ensuring that buggy and poor performing Flash player software don't mess up the users experience.

As for BBC, as a public funded body, they should be going for open standards, and moving to HTML5 compatible formats, and then move away from proprietary (Adobe Flash) formats.

JulesW, May 11, 2016
  3. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

640 LTE insider mobile 10 ..586-107

march 2 2016 and counting with this issue

some research

Google HTML5 vs Adobe Flash It's petty much explains why we most likely will not see Flash on Edge mobile player. What I read is that Flash draws more power than HTML5 besides the fact the HTML5 is open sourced meaning no cost to Microsoft to build it into
    Edge. Flash has possibly too many versions out there for different devices which also makes it less appealing. The problem is that HTML5 hasn't yet jumped to the lead. Flash is still more widely used

ChiriquiPanama, May 11, 2016
Thema:

Building a more accessible user experience with HTML5 and UIA

1. Building a more accessible user experience with HTML5 and UIA - Similar Threads - Building more accessible

2. HTML5 is malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HTML5 is malware: Excuse me, I'm pretty sure HTML5 is 100% malware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/html5-is-malware/43c9c5a8-b083-426a-9595-9ec4aab86d57
  3. Disabled User Needing More Keyboard Accessibility

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled User Needing More Keyboard Accessibility: Hi, I've returned to Windows after having a Mac for 7 years due to requirements for my college major. While having a Mac, I used the custom keyboard layout feature extensively. Even though Windows has an on-screen keyboard, it is not able to be customized with complete...
  4. HTML5 Videos won't play

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HTML5 Videos won't play: All HTML video won't play. They buffer and I can skip to different frames but never will it play. Youtube/Reddit/Facebook. Chrome & Firefox. Restarted router, latest Windows updates, updated graphics driver, restarted PC several times, CCleaned PC Windows Build 1909 Thanks...
  5. Connected User Experiences and Telemetry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected User Experiences and Telemetry: Hi I wonder if anyone can help me. when looking in the services on my computer am looking for Connected User Experiences and Telemetry so that I may turn it on as I believe this could be the reasons I am not unlocking my xbox Achievements. But when looking for this it is not...
  6. HTML5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HTML5: I play a Facebook game that requires HTML5. I would like to know how to install it if it's not too much trouble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html5/e5c3b655-a453-47ca-af44-0daf380662b8
  7. No Sound with HTML5 or UTube

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound with HTML5 or UTube: Sound works fine with Windows 10 except in an app that is recoding to HTML5. The sound in their old programs works fine, does not work in the HTML5 recodes. The sound no longer works in UTube or news programs....
  8. Outlook on the web user experience gets simpler and more powerful

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook on the web user experience gets simpler and more powerful: Starting next week, if you are a Targeted Release customer who wants to try the early version of the new Outlook on the web, simply click on the “Try the new Outlook” toggle on the top right corner of your inbox. When you click the toggle, you’ll see all new Outlook on the...
  9. Building a more accessible web platform

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more accessible web platform: In February we shared our roadmap for empowering all Microsoft Edge customers through accessibility and inclusive design. Today, we’re excited to share more about Microsoft Edge’s native support for the modern UI Automation accessibility framework, coming with the Windows 10...
  10. What, no more Experience Index points?

in Windows 10 Support
    What, no more Experience Index points?: I hoped Win10 would let me bump up my sad score of 7.8. I almost cried when I saw WEI isn't included. So sad. 2263