Windows 10: Building new pc, confirming understanding

Discus and support Building new pc, confirming understanding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm building a new PC (First Time), with the specifications that are listed in my profile page information. I done some reading on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kfcgn, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Kfcgn Win User

Building new pc, confirming understanding

Hi,

I'm building a new PC (First Time), with the specifications that are listed in my profile page information.

I done some reading on your tutorials, and I just want to confirm that I am understanding it correctly.

My understanding of it is that, I burn a bootable Windows ISO to a USB under FAT32. I have to go my bios and change it so that I can only boot from UEFI, and then enable ultra-fast boot first before installing any OS. Then when I have all these settings done, I put the USB in, and then boot from UEFI USB, then just install it like usual?

Is that correct? So, when I'm finished building the pc, the first time I boot it up I go to the bios and change all the settings, then plug the flash drive in, and then boot from it with UEFI and install like usual?

If not, can you please explain what I'm not understandingly correctly.

Thanks,

:)

Kfcgn, Mar 4, 2016
  2. Kiwintok Win User

Building a new PC

Hi,

I am going to be building a new PC to replace my old one. This will include new motherboard, processor et.

I understand the license is linked to a PC however my new will look totally different so I'd like to confirm the process for moving to the new machine.

thanks Gareth

Kiwintok, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Kiwintok Win User
    Building a new PC

That would be the current situation it was an upgrade from a retail windows version. Does this mean i should be good to go just by inoutting the key?

regards Gareth

Kiwintok, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Building new pc, confirming understanding

1. Building new pc, confirming understanding - Similar Threads - Building confirming understanding

2. New pc build ssd and hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New pc build ssd and hdd: Hello, I am planning a brand new build and would like to install a 120gb ssd as my boot disk, and a 1Tb for pretty much everything else. What is the best way to go about this? And how do I make the hdd the default for downloads, storage, etc. This will be a clean, new...
  3. New build pc not booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New build pc not booting: Hi My grandson has just built his first PC, unfortunately it doesn’t work....nothing displays on the monitor, not even the Post messages....the monitor works ok on a different PC has been tried with the HDMI and VGA ports. the Mobo lights up and the cpu fan runs. I...
  4. Multiple BSOD's on new build PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD's on new build PC: I have just built this pc Intel Core i7-6700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom It was blue screening all through install process but seemed to level out for about 20 mins while I installed mobo...
  5. New pc build , BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New pc build , BSOD ntoskrnl.exe: Greetings! Recently I built my new pc. Have been having some BSOD issues (ntoskrnl.exe). I thought i had it resolved but i tried to play a new game(BlackDesert) and it popped up again. The minidump is attached. So far i have tried old nvidia drivers(359.06) after removing the...
  6. New PC build - Constantly freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    New PC build - Constantly freezing: Hello guys, I've just build my first PC and it has been working fine for a week. Although I didn't install a graphics card, I installed some games (League of Legends and GTA V ) just to see the perfomance without a GPU, and it was surprising well, also the CPU temperature...
  7. New pc build , BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    New pc build , BSOD ntoskrnl.exe: Greetings! Recently I built my new pc. Have been having some BSOD issues (ntoskrnl.exe). I thought i had it resolved but i tried to play a new game(BlackDesert) and it popped up again. The minidump is attached. So far i have tried old nvidia drivers(359.06) after removing the...
  8. new build totally screwed pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new build totally screwed pc: firstly it hammered my desktop; had to change all the settings back to how I had it including resolution. Then none of my unstalled games will work, or run with blocky jumping screenplay. Changes in resolution did not change anything. Some games start then freeze. Not amused....
  9. Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month: Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926 a couple of weeks ago with quite a lot of improvements, including a working version of Cortana and a revamped version of the Start menu, but it turns out that the company is already planning a brand new release for...
  10. Errors on New PC & Windows Build

in Windows 10 Support
    Errors on New PC & Windows Build: Guys, I bought a new barebones system and fitted an existing GTX 960 and Samsung 500MB SSD with Windows 10 Professional which were both only a couple of weeks old and worked in my old system. Its been nothing but a catalogue of issues.. so every couple of days I get...