Windows 10: Building new pc, confirming understanding

Discus and support Building new pc, confirming understanding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm building a new PC (First Time), with the specifications that are listed in my profile page information. I done some reading on your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kfcgn, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Kfcgn Win User

Building new pc, confirming understanding

Hi,

I'm building a new PC (First Time), with the specifications that are listed in my profile page information.

I done some reading on your tutorials, and I just want to confirm that I am understanding it correctly.

My understanding of it is that, I burn a bootable Windows ISO to a USB under FAT32. I have to go my bios and change it so that I can only boot from UEFI, and then enable ultra-fast boot first before installing any OS. Then when I have all these settings done, I put the USB in, and then boot from UEFI USB, then just install it like usual?

Is that correct? So, when I'm finished building the pc, the first time I boot it up I go to the bios and change all the settings, then plug the flash drive in, and then boot from it with UEFI and install like usual?

If not, can you please explain what I'm not understandingly correctly.

Thanks,

:)

Kfcgn, Mar 4, 2016
  2. Kiwintok Win User

Building a new PC

Hi,

I am going to be building a new PC to replace my old one. This will include new motherboard, processor et.

I understand the license is linked to a PC however my new will look totally different so I'd like to confirm the process for moving to the new machine.

thanks Gareth

Kiwintok, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Kiwintok Win User
    Building a new PC

That would be the current situation it was an upgrade from a retail windows version. Does this mean i should be good to go just by inoutting the key?

regards Gareth

Kiwintok, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Building new pc, confirming understanding

1. Building new pc, confirming understanding - Similar Threads - Building confirming understanding

2. New PC Build BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Build BSOD: Hello, I recently built a micro ITX PC. Everything seems to run great, but it gets a random Blue Screen of Death every few hours.I have done all the basic troubleshooting with drivers, repairing system files, updates, etc… I need further help pulling and reading logs to...
  3. BSOD on new PC Build

BSOD on new PC Build: I could really use some help. This is a bit above my paygrade.I've build two new identical computers. They contain: ASUS z790-A Gaming WIFI motherboard with 128GB of Corsair Dominator DDR5 5600 RAM XMP disabled, running slower.They both exhibit the same behavior. When I...
  4. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  5. BSOD on a new PC Build

BSOD on a new PC Build: I have recently built a new PC and it has been running well for the most part although for the first time tonight I received the following BSOD crash log event listing which I have provided. I am using an Alder Lake 12900KF and the shown event was accompanied by a number of...
  6. BSOD on a new PC Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. New PC Build issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC Build issues: Specs: ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming motherboard, NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super, Viper Gaming 16GB Ram stick, Intel Core I5 9th gen processor, Took my old hard drives from other computer and brought them to the new computer. 1 SSDbootdrive 2 HDDs Problem: My computer is not giving an...
  8. Building a New Gaming PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Building a New Gaming PC: Trying to install Windows 10 on new gaming PC. I created a bootable Windows 10 USB drive off of my Mac and believe I followed all setup correctly. But keep getting a "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" I have tried to follow all different types of troubleshooting and...
  9. building new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    building new pc: building new pc do I have to buy windows 10? ihave it on my old pc already. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/building-new-pc/009f6c4e-9118-4d79-b775-df1c6d5d068d"
  10. Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms New Windows 10 Build Coming This Month: Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926 a couple of weeks ago with quite a lot of improvements, including a working version of Cortana and a revamped version of the Start menu, but it turns out that the company is already planning a brand new release for...