Windows 10: Building Secure Apps for Windows IoT Core

Discus and support Building Secure Apps for Windows IoT Core in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Secure communication in the cloud normally involves the following: Data encryption: hiding what is sent Data integrity: protecting data from being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Building Secure Apps for Windows IoT Core

Read more: Building Secure Apps for Windows IoT Core | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Jul 19, 2016
  2. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 IoT Core

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

The core OS image that powers Windows IoT platform on MinnowBoard MAX. Windows 10 IoT Core is the smallest version of the Windows 10 editions that leverages the Windows 10 common core architecture. This edition enables building low-cost devices with fewer
    resources. Development for Windows 10 IoT Core leverages the Universal Windows Platform. Learn more about Windows 10 IoT Core.

I would suggest you to refer the below link to download the Windows 10 IoT Core for MinnowBoard MAX and check if it helps.

Download Windows 10 IoT Core for MinnowBoard MAX from Official Microsoft Download Center

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 19, 2016
Thema:

Building Secure Apps for Windows IoT Core

1. Building Secure Apps for Windows IoT Core - Similar Threads - Building Secure Apps

2. Install windows 10 IOT CORE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 IOT CORE: Hello, I need to install Windows 10 IOT Core or a light version of Windows 10 on my desktop, which is not constantly updated and with which I can connect through RDP, when trying to download on the microsoft page there are only msi packages which when installing them no...
  3. Windows IOT Core With Raspberry Pi

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows IOT Core With Raspberry Pi: Hi Team, I would like to access to my Raspberry Pi 3 running Windows 10 IoT using Windows IoT Remote Client. The application connect successfully and I can control everything on my PI mouse and keyboard works fine but the screen is totally white, so I do not see anything,...
  4. Build your IoT devices with Windows for IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Build your IoT devices with Windows for IoT: [img] Embedded computing has been around for a number of years. Recent advances in computing such as artificial intelligence, more powerful sensors, and container technology are unlocking new scenarios and creating new paradigms for device developers. As Artificial...
  5. Ubuntu Core 18 released for secure, reliable IoT devices

in Windows 10 News
    Ubuntu Core 18 released for secure, reliable IoT devices: Canonical today published Ubuntu Core 18, bringing the popular Ubuntu 18.04 LTS to high-security embedded devices. “Dell has been working closely with Canonical over the past three years to certify Ubuntu Core on all our Edge Gateway platforms. Ubuntu Core enables our...
  6. Windows IoT Core and Azure IoT Hub – Putting the ‘I’ in IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Windows IoT Core and Azure IoT Hub – Putting the ‘I’ in IoT: Hello, Makers! Earlier this year, we announced the availability of Windows IoT Core – a new edition of Windows designed for maker boards and small devices. We’ve been busy the past few months continuing to make improvements to the platform, with the goal of making Windows...
  7. Windows 10 IoT Core Blockly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT Core Blockly: In this blog post you’ll learn about IoT Core Blockly, a new UWP application that allows you to program a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 and a Raspberry Pi Sense Hat using a “block” editor from your browser: [img] You create a program with interlocking blocks, which will run on...
  8. Advancing Node.js for Windows 10 IoT Core

in Windows 10 News
    Advancing Node.js for Windows 10 IoT Core: One of the latest trends that has excited many technology enthusiasts in the last few years is Internet of Things (IoT), which has the potential to transform how technology is consumed by enterprises and end users in the coming years. Windows 10 IoT Core already supports...
  9. What’s next for Windows 10 IoT Core

in Windows 10 News
    What’s next for Windows 10 IoT Core: Back in early August I was pleased to announce the Windows Insider release of Windows 10 IoT Core, a version of Windows 10 targeted towards small, embedded devices that may or may not have screens, and the response from you has been tremendous. We’ve received a lot of...
  10. Hello, Windows 10 IoT Core

in Windows 10 News
    Hello, Windows 10 IoT Core: Greetings, Makers! We are excited to announce the public release of Windows 10 IoT Core for the Raspberry Pi 2 and the MinnowBoard Max. Visit the Windows IoT Dev Center to choose your target board, then walk through the steps to provision your board, acquire the tools, and...