Windows 10: Building Windows: Interesting Issues with Massively Scaled Development

Discus and support Building Windows: Interesting Issues with Massively Scaled Development in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Ars Technica's Peter Bright digs into the challenges of developing the Windows OS, in an environment with 4 million commits and 10 million work items... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by EdTittel, Mar 12, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Building Windows: Interesting Issues with Massively Scaled Development

Ars Technica's Peter Bright digs into the challenges of developing the Windows OS, in an environment with 4 million commits and 10 million work items (current counts on the march toward releasing Windows 10 1709 late last year). A fascinating investigation of Git in the context of Visual Studio Team Services for an astonishingly large code repository and file collection.

See the rest of the story at Building Windows: 4 million commits, 10 million work items | Ars Technica.

--Ed--

:)

EdTittel, Mar 12, 2018
  2. Tomagion Win User

Scaling legacy apps in Multi-monitor setups with a High DPI Surface Pro 4 screen

Hi, the monitor resolutions and the scaling that Windows applies are as in my first post Amerjeet.

I have another great example of an app that becomes massively over scaled by Windows 10 settings. That is the Skype client. On the Surface Pro, with Recommended resolution and scaling Skype client looks normal, i.e. Is in proportion to the rest of the desktop.
    When you drag it to either of the other two monitors it becomes massive, covering most of the Windows desktop real estate. It is almost as if either screen is displaying at 800x600, instead of the 1920x 1080 1920x1200 that they are set to.

can you suggest anything?

I am really interested to k ow which Registry keys control this on Windows 10.

Pete

Tomagion, Mar 12, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Java based application not scaling properly

The developers of the software (Powerschool Group LLC) have not allowed for this Windows 10 UI Scaling, you should get the college to contact the developers and get them to provide a patch to fix this issue . . .

As can be seen from your screenshot, some of the UI components on the Window are scaling and some are not.

This is not a Windows error, it is the responsibility of the developers of the software to ensure their software renders correctly regardless of the screen size or UI scaling . . .

DaveM121, Mar 12, 2018
Thema:

Building Windows: Interesting Issues with Massively Scaled Development

1. Building Windows: Interesting Issues with Massively Scaled Development - Similar Threads - Building Interesting Issues

2. Massive oversight and flawed developing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive oversight and flawed developing.: Recently formatted my computer to sell it and get a new one. However, in the infinite wisdom of the windows developing team there is a great oversight. Once everything was done formatting it loaded back up to greet me with my old user admin. It was to my knowledge everything...
  3. Massive oversight and flawed developing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive oversight and flawed developing.: Recently formatted my computer to sell it and get a new one. However, in the infinite wisdom of the windows developing team there is a great oversight. Once everything was done formatting it loaded back up to greet me with my old user admin. It was to my knowledge everything...
  4. Massive oversight and flawed developing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Massive oversight and flawed developing.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Massive Sign in issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Massive Sign in issue: Hello all, Today I woke up to see I was forced to sign into an old microsoft account that I never use. I cannot sign in at all until I recover this abandoned account, I have no knowledge of the old email/password combo and have thusly been locked out. Frustratingly it wont...
  7. Massive Sign in issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Massive Sign in issue: Hello all, Today I woke up to see I was forced to sign into an old microsoft account that I never use. I cannot sign in at all until I recover this abandoned account, I have no knowledge of the old email/password combo and have thusly been locked out. Frustratingly it wont...
  8. Massive Install Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Massive Install Issues: [ATTACH] I just wiped and put a fresh install of windows 10 on my hp pavillion laptop using HP usb cloud recovery tool. But it installed as an 80gb file.... Is there anyway i can safely reduce the install file size? Is there anyway I could install windows a different way...
  9. skype has developed an interesting tic....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype has developed an interesting tic....: so...I booted up as normal today, everything loaded...then skype shut itself down. so, I loaded it manually, it shut itself down a moment later, then restarted properly. I searched the windows event viewer..this is the result I got. [img] 61014
  10. Massive issue with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Massive issue with Windows 10.: Hello. This is my first post on this site so I apologize if there's something off about it. I've already done a research but couldn't find anything that could really help me because people had access to their desktops and most could find a solution by going to the Control...