Windows 10: built-in admin account problem

Discus and support built-in admin account problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems. now in windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mfraij82, Dec 3, 2015.

1. mfraij82 Win User

built-in admin account problem

i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems.
    now in windows 10 i'm using the built in administrator account but facing problems
    1) if i leave the "security settings==>local policies==>security options==> User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account==> disabled" as it is the default option i can't run the new windows programs like settings, edge... etc.
    2) if i change User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account to enabled, i can't install certain programs and also i have to run some applications as administrator (which i don't want to do for every application and that's why i use the built-in administrator account), to get full access to the windows drive "c:" and it's subfolders.

can anyone help me to solve this issues....

:)

mfraij82, Dec 3, 2015

2. I keep getting an ""App" can't be opened using the built-in administrator account" and i've tried everything

The IT department set up my machine, thus why i'm on the built-in admin account. Is there a way to not use the built-in admin account, but still retain my admin account.. Like can I swap my account into a "normal" admin account?

aimforsilence, Dec 3, 2015
  3. unlink my microsoft account from administrator account in windows 10

is there a solution to unlink the local admin account from the microsoft account

the option to switch to local account doesnt exist, the option to remove doesnt exist.

i would like to retain the local built-in admin account

i have created another user account and want to use my microsoft account w/ it but cant because its associated w/ the built-in admin account and unable to break the link betweeen the built-in admin and my microsoft account.

Masika -ZEEK-Weeks, Dec 3, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

1) This is by design. The security model of the new Apps are not compatible with a full time Admin level account.
    2) Even the built in Administrator account or an normal elevated admin account does not grant you access to everything. This too is by design.

It was never intended that the Administrator account be used for normal use. Create your own Admin level account for this. It will be subject to UAC and is compatible with the new Apps.

LMiller7, Dec 3, 2015
Thema:

1. built-in admin account problem - Similar Threads - built admin account

2. admin account problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin account problems: Hi i am looking for a way to remove an admin account from my computer as a non admin we have forgotten the password and would just rather delete the account from the laptop...
  3. Built In admin account's SID is blank.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built In admin account's SID is blank.: Using windows 10, and recently renamed the built in admin account by using the command lusrmgr.msc. After renaming the account i pressed refresh and closed the window. The next time when i run the same command lusrmgr.msc and click on users, I get an error saying that there...
  4. Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account tied to built-in admin account: I seem to be in quite a pickle here, I upgraded my laptop, a few years ago from windows 7 to 10, recently my boss asked me to pass on my work to others, but there's a problem, My personal Microsoft account, somehow got linked to the built-in administrator account, the laptop...
  5. Should one rename the built-in Admin and the built-in Guest accounts

Should one rename the built-in Admin and the built-in Guest accounts: From a security standpoint, should one rename the built-in Admin and the built-in Guest accounts even if they are disabled by default? During Windows 10 installation, I already created my own Admin account which is named something else other than Administrator. But the...
  6. Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost admin privileges on my account and cannot access built in admin account.: Hello!! I have had this issues for a while now and its really starting to grate on me, I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works. Basically, I somehow lost admin privileges on my account, every time I try and do something that needs an admin and the box comes up that says...
  7. Built-In Admin Issue

Built-In Admin Issue: Hello, I recently encountered an issue while cleaning my mother's pc. She has a win 10 home hp laptop, with her own profile as administrator; and somehow while resetting the pc to restore some files lost in a power outage, I managed to turn on the built-in admin profile....
  8. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...
  9. How to know if you have a BUILT IN ADMIN ACCOUNT or a MAIN ADMIN

How to know if you have a BUILT IN ADMIN ACCOUNT or a MAIN ADMIN: So I went to cmd and I want to know if I have the built in admin account. Im logged in as a standard user, second account. and in cmd I typed NET USER USER which probably shows the administrator account. But in the comment section it doesnt say BUILT IN ADMIN ACC FOR...
  10. Admin account problems

Admin account problems: Hello everyone, I believe i have broken windows 10 user accounts. A few months ago i got bored of the constant UAC popups and decided to activate the Built-in Admin account and use it as my main account. I deleted my other account as i am the only user on this pc. Recently...