Windows 10: Built in Admin login no long accepts my password

Discus and support Built in Admin login no long accepts my password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; And, my user account went from admin to standard user after the two last updates. Now, I can no longer address the issue in Built in Admin mode nor can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by joniL, Jun 30, 2016.

1. joniL Win User

Built in Admin login no long accepts my password

And, my user account went from admin to standard user after the two last updates. Now, I can no longer address the issue in Built in Admin mode nor can I do it in my standard account.

Please, please, tell me I don't have to reinstall windows 10? *LOL* If I do have to reinstall, I'll need to copy all my doc file again... right?

Oh and did I tell ya? The last update wasn't successful and I've no idea what happened.... *Sick

:)

joniL, Jun 30, 2016
  2. ibyy19 Win User

THE BLACK SCREEN

Unfortunately I chose to upgrade to windows 10 and as happened to thousands of other users, the Black screen. Tried most of the solutions in forums but no luck. Cannot enter "safemode" or cannot select "back to previous built" as my admin password is not
    accepted there. Cannot create new user, cannot remove login password. Driver updates, sfc scan, thirdparty fixes everything done.

any other solutions to 1. to remove black screen or 2. to login safemode or 3. go back to previous build?

ibyy19, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 admin login kicks me back out

When I try to log into my admin account from the login screen, Windows accepts the password but kicks me back out to the login screen.

User account setup: admin account installs, etc. & standard user for normal operation

Steps:

1. Power on and reach login screen,

2. select admin account

3. enter password, hit enter.

Result - begins loading the profile then pops back up on the login screen.

Note: often launch applications using Run as administrator and accepts the password I have been entering is ok.

Ran virus/malware scans. Ran /scannow. Tried updating. Same thing.

Any recommendations?

AveryBecket, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

Built in Admin login no long accepts my password

1. Built in Admin login no long accepts my password - Similar Threads - Built Admin login

2. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not accepting login password: Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only...
  3. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not accepting login password: Hoping someone can help. Installed the latest update but since then I cannot gain access to my PC. on startup I get a loading screen saying 'preparing automatic repair' it then goes to a blue screen with automatic repair stating that my PC did not start correctly. The only...
  4. Windows 10 not accepting login password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Built-in Admin creates a password on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Built-in Admin creates a password on its own: Hi, I recently logged out my Microsoft Account to become a Local account user in my PC, but after I did it, my administrator rights disappeared, and the built in administrator created its on password the moment I logged out on my Microsoft Account. What could be its password?...
  6. Why won't my laptop accept my password at login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why won't my laptop accept my password at login?: Hi, My password wasn't accepted when I logged into windows on laptop. I got the error message: "The password is incorrect. Make sure youre using the password for your Microsoft acct. You can always reset it at account.live.com" I reset my password but have the same issue...
  7. W10Pro will not accept admin password

W10Pro will not accept admin password: Enabled admin gave it a password Disabled me user 'tom" as admin and left me "tom" as only a user. Rebooted tried to log on as admin and W10Pro rejected the new Admin password. I can not perform any admin tasks now on this machine. Why would windows not accept the new...
  8. Windows 10 does not accept my admin password

Windows 10 does not accept my admin password: After windows 10 2004 Update, my computer Acer Predator G6 started to reboot periodically Kernel Power 41. I had similar issues after each update, so I changerd power options as the were offered as solution. That worked. After last update I went to registry and deleted...
  9. Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot login/reset my Admin password :(: Hello all! I am having a major problem. I recently just updated my computer (I dont remember the name of update or whatever codes), it downloaded fine, then I restarted my computer to apply the update, as my computer restarted it had an error and said the update failed to...
  10. i have forgotten the built in admin password ?

i have forgotten the built in admin password ?: i activated the built in administrator and use password lock and pin, the i mistakenly removed my local account as administrator and changed it to a user account. now the problem is that i have forgotten the built in administrator account password and i cant install any app...