Windows 10: Built in Administrator

Discus and support Built in Administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Help running Windows 10, and I am stuck in the Built in Administrator log-in. It started when I was tring to disable the log-in password for my account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Frogman, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Frogman Win User

Built in Administrator

Help running Windows 10, and I am stuck in the Built in Administrator log-in. It started when I was tring to disable the log-in password for my account in Windows. I can not log-in to my user's account and do not see my profile. I have went the Users Account page in the Control Panel, but only see the Adminstrator's profile not mine. And unable to create a different account.Please Help.

:)

Frogman, Aug 1, 2015

2. built-in administrator

After upgrading to W10 on a new PC most functions now come up with the message: ".... can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

However I followed the prompts from online support, went to Settings then "Your email and accounts" then clicked on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" but all I get is a flash that maybe a window trying to open and the small circle that means something
    is loading but nothing happens from there. No way to go forward and still lack of access to most programs.

Thanks for your thoughts. Paul

PaulDalmau, Aug 1, 2015
  3. built in administrator

i can not use any microsoft apps the computer says i can not use built in administrator i went to settings and changed to a local administrator it still will not work can anybody help?

charleswest9095, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Built in Administrator

1. Built in Administrator - Similar Threads - Built Administrator

2. How can I reset permissions when built in Administrator account does not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I reset permissions when built in Administrator account does not open: I accidentally corrupted the permissions for the one user installed. I did get the administrator account to show as active, but it does not show up during startup. Everything I try says access denied Is there anything I can do to reset permissions to default?...
  3. Built-in Administrator account disabled itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Built-in Administrator account disabled itself: Windows 10 - 1809 I have enabled the built-in Administrator account but as soon as I log off of any account I use to enable it the Administrator account reverts to being disabled and I cannot log into it. Interestingly I booted up in Safe Mode and enabled the Administrator...
  4. Can not set up Windows Hello when I switch account to built-in administrator accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can not set up Windows Hello when I switch account to built-in administrator accounts: Hi, I enabled built-in Administrator account in Computer Management. Then, I switched my account to Administrator. Try to config Windows Hello setup. When I press "Get Started". There is no windows pops out. Nothing happened. I tried it on RS5 and 19H1. On RS5, Face...
  5. Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 ENt x64 1709, i found that "Sticky Notes Doesn't work, except from Built-in "Administrator" account", tried to match permissions in "C:\programfiles\WIndowsApps" ANy clue please ? Thanks, Rajesh Temkar...
  6. built in administrator - Family and other people

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    built in administrator - Family and other people: Hi I set up a new W10 laptop for my daughter and in Settings, I used my email a/c so it's now showing as ADMINISTRATOR, my email, Administrator The crucial point is that on the left hand menu where it should say 'Family & other people' it says 'Other users'. On my...
  7. How to activate the built-in administrator on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to activate the built-in administrator on Windows 10: Hi, I can not sign-in my computer and I want to activate the built-in administrator without signing in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-activate-the-built-in-administrator-on/714ce881-9e9d-47ec-97ea-667468fc369c"
  8. Why not set a password for the built in local Administrator account in Windows 10

Why not set a password for the built in local Administrator account in Windows 10: I changed my pc to show the local Administrator userid at logon. When I go to set a password, I am getting the warning message as shown in the below screen snapshot. What is the danger of establishing a password for the local Administrator account? The below command...
  9. Unable to enable built-in administrator account again windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable built-in administrator account again windows 10 home: Hi, im Arturo. After enabling the built-in administrator account i loged in to that account and opened control panel>UserAccounts>UserAccounts>ManageAnotherAccount. i set the administrator account, from wich i enabled the built-in administrator account, as a standard...
  10. I did a clean install on my Windows 10. Now the built-in administrator account will not...

I did a clean install on my Windows 10. Now the built-in administrator account will not...: Hello How do I bypass the administrator (after putting in my password) to access my computer.? * Moved from Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-clean-install-on-my-windows-10-now-the/fa87b5f9-cd8e-4de9-bd9b-27707be1c95a"