Windows 10: Built-in apps won't open, creating new user account didn't help

Discus and support Built-in apps won't open, creating new user account didn't help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My HP Ultrabook was upgraded to Windows 10 in September. I am able to browse internet, send/receive email and use Microsoft Office programs. Computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Basil Parmesan, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Built-in apps won't open, creating new user account didn't help

My HP Ultrabook was upgraded to Windows 10 in September. I am able to browse internet, send/receive email and use Microsoft Office programs. Computer is rarely used (2 or 3 times per month). Last weekend I noticed that the built-in calculator app would not open (calendar and others behaved similarly). Called both Microsoft and HP support. Both suggested that the installation (upgrade) had corrupted my user account. Several internet search results also indicated creating a new user profile (copying data files from old to new account) might resolve all issues. Created new account yesterday but nothing changed. HP suggested that I must wait for major update in December. It's difficult to believe that Microsoft hasn't resolved these problems between July and now.

:)

Basil Parmesan, Nov 17, 2015
  2. SamAdZK Win User

Windows 10 Store App and Built In Apps missing in newly created user accounts

HI,

I have a windows 10 on my workstation and I have a few Microsoft user accounts and local user accounts but Once I log into these user accounts, there is neither windows 10 store app nor the built it Microsoft apps? I am the admin on the machine, so I have
    all the apps and store app, but any other users don't have any of windows 10 apps or app store.

Basically, When I create new use account and log in; It won't have windows 10 store app or all the other built in apps.

Please help!

SamAdZK, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 App and Built In Apps missing in newly created user accounts

After being unable to add new user accounts due to the following messaging "User Profile Server service failed to login.." for Windows 10 and newly created accounts" I took a Microsoft Patch update to windows 10 and was then able to add new user accounts....

However,

I have a windows 10 on my home computer and have being able to add the new unique Microsoft user accounts Once I log into these user accounts, there is neither windows 10 store app nor the built it Microsoft apps? I am the admin on the machine, so I have
    all the apps and store app, but any other users don't have any of windows 10 apps or app store.

Basically, When I create new user account and log in; It won't have windows 10 store app or all the other built in apps. Each of the new accounts are set up as admins as I am

michaelpmsn, Nov 17, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Built-in apps won't open, creating new user account didn't help

Hi Basil Parmesan, welcome to Ten Forums. There is a new update that was just released via Windows Update last Thursday the 12th. If you haven't gotten it yet I would try that first. To check go to Settings >Update and Security > windows update and click on the "check for updates" button. If it is not showing up there you could download it and install it using this tutorial from the tutorial forum. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums . Option #2 using the media creation tool will allow you to install the upgrade via a usb drive. It should solve your problem the fastest.

JohnC, Nov 18, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Re-register Windows apps:
    Right click at Strt button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > type powershell > press Enter key.
    At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this command line ( to avoid typo it's best to apply Copy/paste method)......
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

> press Enter.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Built-in apps won't open, creating new user account didn't help

1. Built-in apps won't open, creating new user account didn't help - Similar Threads - Built apps won't

2. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update: Hello,I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3996I cannot open built-in apps like Photos, Calculator, Camera, Microsoft Store, etc. They will open for 0.1 seconds and then close. Here is a video of it happening hereHere are things I have tried:Resetting the...
  3. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update: Hello,I am running Windows 10 Home Version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3996I cannot open built-in apps like Photos, Calculator, Camera, Microsoft Store, etc. They will open for 0.1 seconds and then close. Here is a video of it happening hereHere are things I have tried:Resetting the...
  4. Built-In Apps Won't Open & Windows Won't Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. There is a user account i didn't created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a user account i didn't created.: So as i said, after the yesterday windows update there is a user named "Administrator" that been created. My only main user was admin. I can't delete or make changes on that newly created user even my account is still admin. Any idea what that "Administrator" named new...
  6. There is a user account i didn't created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a user account i didn't created.: So as i said, after the yesterday windows update there is a user named "Administrator" that been created. My only main user was admin. I can't delete or make changes on that newly created user even my account is still admin. Any idea what that "Administrator" named new...
  7. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  8. Start Menu Will Not Open Can't Create New User Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Will Not Open Can't Create New User Account: I am so over this! setting up this new computer for the third time since May. First, it kept giving the error that the Recycle Bin was corrupt. I fixed that. Then the Start Menu would not open. Looking for solutions, I did a system file check. That said everything was fine. I...
  9. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...
  10. Unable to Create New User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Create New User Account: I have tried creating a new User Account but like the Start Menu, it just won't open. Anyone else had this problem? 15808